Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,965 times)

Richman678

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/entertainment/t-time-warner-win-comcast-fox-deal-article-1.4033697

Looks like Comcast May increase the bid up to 60 billion. They pretty much have to now that someone signed off on this AT&T/Time Warner merger. It's the only way Comcast can stay semi toe to toe with AT&T.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if Comcast ends up with the Alien Franchise. I personally believe Disney will increase their bid, but remember Disney's offer is all stock, and Comcast is all cash. This isn't over yet.

0321recon

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 13, 2018, 12:27:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/entertainment/t-time-warner-win-comcast-fox-deal-article-1.4033697

Looks like Comcast May increase the bid up to 60 billion. They pretty much have to now that someone signed off on this AT&T/Time Warner merger. It's the only way Comcast can stay semi toe to toe with AT&T.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if Comcast ends up with the Alien Franchise. I personally believe Disney will increase their bid, but remember Disney's offer is all stock, and Comcast is all cash. This isn't over yet.

Crossing my fingers that Comcast wins because at least we'd see more Alien and Predator films under Universal or Blomhouse/tilt label.

Magegg

Hellboy Vs Alien Vs Predator, please.

The Old One

The Old One

With Universal's track record on Blu-Rays and extras? Christ, no thank you.

Perfect-Organism

I want to see Disney Marvel get Fox.  We need Iron Man vs. Predator.  We need Aliens vs. Venom

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 14, 2018, 03:04:08 AM
I want to see Disney Marvel get Fox.  We need Iron Man vs. Predator.  We need Aliens vs. Venom

Just be direct and shoot me.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 14, 2018, 03:06:39 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 14, 2018, 03:04:08 AM

Just be direct and shoot me.

In reality, the terminator is probably the only other thing that could share the screen with avp. And the likelihood of that happening is small.

JungleHunter87

The only thing I worry about is either company buying the A L I E N and PREDATOR series and selling them off too two different studios. The lack of AVP in the EU would disturb me greatly. I hope that's not ever the case. AVP is like Peanut Butter & Jelly. They're great on there own and together.

Richman678

You know i just thought of something. If Comcast ends up getting their hands on FOX then they also own Universal.

So they could incorporate Aliens to their Movies, and even theme parks. Maybe we could get a decent Aliens theme park ride.

However personally i would rather see it go to Disney.

Corporal Hicks

https://deadline.com/2018/06/disney-fox-merger-increased-bid-in-wake-of-comcast-offer-1202414080/

QuoteThe Walt Disney Company has boosted its bid for the studio and cable network assets of 21st Century Fox to $71.3 billion in cash and stock.

The offer is nearly $19 billion richer than the one Fox accepted last December, and it's close to 10% ahead of the $65 billion one Comcast submitted last week. Most analysts and industry observers had expected Disney to match Comcast, but not go so much higher. The aggressive counter is a sign of the intensity of the M&A climate. AT&T finally closed its purchase of Time Warner late last week and other traditional media companies are urgently seeking dance partners as they battle deep-pocketed digital rivals.

The Old One

The Old One

Monopoly all but certain now.

Corporal Hicks

Richman678

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/disney-raises-bid-for-fox-assets-to-38-a-share.html

Yeah I was gonna post it looks like Disney is now paying over 70 Billion for Fox. Looks like Disney is gonna make sure they keep it. Comcast wont be able to top them either.

Remember Disney wants to put out a version of Netflix that everyone will flock to. I would also imagine this is where we will see the Alien Saga continue.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 20, 2018, 04:01:28 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/disney-raises-bid-for-fox-assets-to-38-a-share.html

Yeah I was gonna post it looks like Disney is now paying over 70 Billion for Fox. Looks like Disney is gonna make sure they keep it. Comcast wont be able to top them either.

Remember Disney wants to put out a version of Netflix that everyone will flock to. I would also imagine this is where we will see the Alien Saga continue.

As long as I can continue to get the Alien series on physical media, fine by me.

Anticipating the inevitable incoming storm of "It's all Disney's fault!" from the uninformed in regards to Alien and Predator now though.

Perfect-Organism

I'm optimistic something good will come out of this.  At least it should break up the log-jam that has become the fate of the Alien films.  All fans can do is eat egg pizza while waiting..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed