Resident Evil TV Series (Netflix)

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 28, 2020, 03:23:40 PM

Author
Resident Evil TV Series (Netflix) (Read 862 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from:  DeadlineResident Evil is headed to television. I have learned that Netflix is developing a scripted series based on the hit action horror franchise. I hear the series will be a Netflix global original. German production and distribution company Constantin Film, which is behind the Resident Evil movies loosely based on the Capcom video game series, is the studio. Search is underway for a showrunner to shepherd the adaptation.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1088585262840475648?s

RidgeTop

First tease:

https://twitter.com/ResidentEvilUp/status/1465769572548677638?s

Also why do the dogs look better than they did in that lousy theatrical release I just saw?

Darkness

Darkness

Teaser has been released:

Looks pretty good.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Showrunner Andrew Dabb noted that the events that are unfolding in New Raccoon City take place around the same time as Resident Evil Village (the Resident Evil TV series kicks off in 2022, while the events of Village take place in 2021). All the timelines you knew before still matter, and all of the key events of the Resident Evil canon have still occurred. When it comes to adapting those moments, the series will be pulling from game lore, but will rarely dip its toe into the films'.

The games are our backstory. Everything that happens in the games exists in this world, [including Resident Evil: Village.] We may not get there until season 5, but it is in our world. As we're moving ahead and talking about scripts for season 2, the village is a resource we can draw on.
If you know the games, Wesker is dead. He got blown up by a rocket launcher in a volcano — how I think we all wanna go. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say the explanation for why Wesker is the way that he is and how he is still alive go hand in hand. [I promise the answer isn't as rudimentary as] "He's immune to lava."
[When it comes to Jade and Billie,] clearly, they may not be love children, let's just put it that way

Stitch

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on May 12, 2022, 03:32:26 PMShowrunner Andrew Dabb noted that the events that are unfolding in New Raccoon City take place around the same time as Resident Evil Village (the Resident Evil TV series kicks off in 2022, while the events of Village take place in 2021). All the timelines you knew before still matter, and all of the key events of the Resident Evil canon have still occurred. When it comes to adapting those moments, the series will be pulling from game lore, but will rarely dip its toe into the films'.

The games are our backstory. Everything that happens in the games exists in this world, [including Resident Evil: Village.] We may not get there until season 5, but it is in our world. As we're moving ahead and talking about scripts for season 2, the village is a resource we can draw on.
If you know the games, Wesker is dead. He got blown up by a rocket launcher in a volcano — how I think we all wanna go. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say the explanation for why Wesker is the way that he is and how he is still alive go hand in hand. [I promise the answer isn't as rudimentary as] "He's immune to lava."
[When it comes to Jade and Billie,] clearly, they may not be love children, let's just put it that way

That they're trying to stick to the game canon gives me a little more hope. Having read the pilot script, however, I'm still very wary. It wasn't great.

Ingwar

Looks awful.

x-M-x

x-M-x

What a joke lol

Master

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Stitch

Binge watched all of it on Saturday. It's kinda bonkers. Not really resident evil, and probably would have been better as an entirely new IP. It's entertainingly dumb.

SuperiorIronman

It blows. I'm not done with it so things might change. But I have an episode and a half to go. I'd be shocked if Netflix suddenly made this worth it.

And frankly if it was so bad its good or was entertaining I could look past it but it's boring with Lance Reddick giving it his all and he's still not enough to salvage this. It honestly feels like they had the license and it was about to lapse. So they cranked out a zombie script or pulled one from a file cabinet and slapped RE all over it.

Darkness

A few episodes in so far. It started off well but has got very boring. I only watched it because Lance Reddick is in it.

I always think this is what I find boring about Walking Dead. It's the same zombies over and over again but I do like how Resident Evil mixes it up with creatures.

BigDaddyJohn

Yep. Weird show. Doesn't feel resident evil at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed