Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 63,674 times)

Shaak

Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2007, 10:38:41 PM
I've seen three different versions of Alien3 and while I do love them, they are inferior to Alien and Aliens and about on a par with Resurrection.  In fact Resurrection is probably better than the Workprint and SE now that I think of it.

What do you like about Resurrection?

FACEBOX

I have to admit... there are a lot.... A LOT of flaws in RE. It could've been way better, but all in all, I'm glad it was made

Shaak

Me too, I was so happy in 1996, I just wanted to know every single detail about it. And to experience an Alien movie in theaters again. That was a sweet period :)

SM

SM

QuoteWhat do you like about Resurrection?

I like Siggy, but I like the fact that she wasn't cloned in order to come back and battle Aliens, but only because she was the host - a meat by-product who was almost terminated once they had the Alien.

I was a fan of JPJ prior to A:R and like the overall look of the film - although the constant steam and ship geography did irritate me (but simillarly, the leadworks labyrinth made no sense whatsoever in Alien3).  Wasn't a patch on the Nostromo where everything fitted properly.

I like the Ripley/ Call relationship and the irony of Ripley's human side being brought to the fore by a robot.

I like the concept of the Newborn, but it was lacking in execution.  ADI did a brilliant job on the creature itself - though their best work remains the Bishop puppet from Alien3.

There's other things, but no one's pretending it's as good as Alien or Aliens.  But it's still on a par with Alien3.

Redfield

alien 3 spec ed is my seond favourite in the series, and it was better then res.

SM

SM

The SE and WP of Alien3 both dragged.  There was a couple of good additions with Golic and some other things, but the theatrical version was the best of the three.

Dominion

i really dont how you can say RES is better than alien 3! you must have lost it. Ripleys character was ruined in RES. She turned into this horrible person with a bad ass attitude. Thats not the ripley all the fans remember and want to see. I said it before aswell. The photography for RES was poor, far too much light no sense of gloom or death. I really didnt care for anyone in that film.

The crew of the betty was sh*t, there wasnt anyone out of them i actually wanted to see make it to the end. Ill carry on repeating myself lol...............the score was terrible, nothing compared to alien, aliens and alien 3. The franchise was ruined by having joss wheddon write it and JPJ direct.

Redfield

well i really liked call in res. in res there was no ellen ripley- as call said she died 200 years ago. there was ripley clone 8, a mix of ripley and xenomorph. but we went on a journey with her, and it was intersting to watch her become more and more like ellen ripley and less and less like an alien.

SM

SM

Quotei really dont how you can say RES is better than alien 3!

Didn't.

Quoteyou must have lost it.

Hang on let me check... Nope it's right there where I left it.

QuoteRipleys character was ruined in RES

Well, erm, it wasn't Ripley.

QuoteThe photography for RES was poor, far too much light no sense of gloom or death.

Thought Khondji did a great job.  Musta been watching a different film.

~Jarrecko~

One thing I didn't like was the disturbing way the Hybrid alien died. It's screams turned from alien to human if you listen closely. Ripley and the Hybrid should have been friends! They could play Basketball at the local park, braid each other's hair..

SM

SM

That human sounding screaming was on purpose.

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: ~Jarrecko~ on Feb 05, 2007, 02:15:23 AM
One thing I didn't like was the disturbing way the Hybrid alien died. It's screams turned from alien to human if you listen closely. Ripley and the Hybrid should have been friends! They could play Basketball at the local park, braid each other's hair..
hahahaha they could hunt aliens together.

SM

SM

Not a bad idea really.  Both would be easier to reason with than an Alien.

~Jarrecko~

I thought it was a little terrible that Ripley killed the alien hybrid right away, technically it was her kid and she killed it with only a few tears.

SM

SM

It was a symbol of everything she hated about her own existance.  She kills it, she exorcises some of those demons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed