Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 76,544 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2020, 06:29:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2020, 06:17:03 PM
Not to mention that not all comics prior to this are so masterful.

To be honest, there's been much more bad than good.

Unpopular opinion, but of the limited stuff I've read, my favorite comic of Dark Horse's entire run has probably been Inhuman Condition.
Have you read Labyrinth

I have not, but I keep having that one get recommended to me so I'm definitely going to give it a go.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 06:42:54 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2020, 06:29:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2020, 06:17:03 PM
Not to mention that not all comics prior to this are so masterful.

To be honest, there's been much more bad than good.

Unpopular opinion, but of the limited stuff I've read, my favorite comic of Dark Horse's entire run has probably been Inhuman Condition.
Have you read Labyrinth

I have not, but I keep having that one get recommended to me so I'm definitely going to give it a go.
You really should, it's excellent.

I'm not saying Inhuman Condition is bad, but you can do a lot better.

Nightmare Asylum

The other ones I recall really enjoying are The Illustrated Story, Dead Orbit, Sacrifice, and Salvation. Genocide definitely seems like one that I would be all over.

Lost_Hunter

I am a huge fan of the medium. Huge. Alien and Predator belong at Darkhorse, one of there tentpoles from the beginning.  I've been dreading this news since the acquisition. Marvel is not a good fit but it's still too early too tell. Their "take" on Conan and Star Wars has been sub par compared to Darkhorse. Here's hoping tho, "Building Better Worlds"

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Thank you Dark Horse for the good Alien stories over the years such as Glass Corridor, Sacrifice, Salvation, Survival, Inhuman Condition, Labyrinth, Wraith, Alchemy, Dust To Dust and above all the rest Dead Orbit.

Nightmare Asylum

And, the absolute best comic, Aliens: Lovesick. :D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Concerning continuity I think it's best to stay with the continuity I outlined above.

Corporal Hicks

Let's recognise the truth here. It was all about the Mondo series.

Nightmare Asylum

And here I was thinking that what we all wanted was the last two missing issues of Colonial Marines...

Xenomrph

I'll never understand the love for Dead Orbit, the first half sucks and the second half is only passable.

Also, "HGK! HGK! HGK! HGK!"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 02, 2020, 07:03:15 PM
Ur taste sucs m8

I've got to agree with the Fiendishly Inventive black goo here. Dead Orbit was fantastic. Doesn't need dialogue to be good!

Xenomrph

Nightmare Asylum

Story wise Dead Orbit is whatever, it is a pretty standard Alien-on-a-ship comic. I just absolutely love Stokoe's art.

j0nesy

sounds like it's time for tristan jones to make some friends at marvel

Drukathi

Drukathi

I want to say only one thing - art is unbelievable great! Especially Alien - such incredible detail. I look forward to a full-fledged comic strip.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed