Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 10, 2008, 08:10:34 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5 (Read 19,776 times)

Darkness

Darkness

It seems the last few months, we’ve been hearing more news about Alien 5 than AvP3. There’s a news report on IMDB where Sigourney Weaver has mentioned Alien 5:

And the star isn’t ruling out a return to the big screen for another Alien film – insisting no one else could take on the role. She says, “I would feel very weird if they brought her (Ripley) back and cast someone else.” But the actress insists she will only take on projects if the plotline works: “I don’t care whether the budget is big or small, or if it’s a lead role or not. If the story’s good, I’m there.”

With James Cameron tied up with Avatar and Ridley Scott directing a couple of movies, I don’t think we’ll be getting Alien 5 for a long time.

Private Hudson

I hope it comes along, Alien V or Predator 3 anyway. If we get another AVP movie I'm not going to be very happy.

gameoverman

Ridley and Cameron are busy but they could get someone else.  My favourite choice would be either bring back David Fincher or get Danny Boyle to do it.

Purebreedalien

ALIEN 5 and AVP3 would be good. FOX could cash in big time.

dachande89

dachande89

I didnt hate either AVP movie, but I definitly want an Alien 5 or Predator 3 before the next AVP movie. But at this rate that seems unlikely.

Xenomorphine

Why should it matter whether there are just Aliens, Predators or both in it? Any film has just as much chance of being bad, as it could be good. What matters, is who is involved and how they do it.

blackhawk

blackhawk

Here we go again!! I think that David Fincher would be a good choice for Alien 5 now that he's got a few movies under his belt which i might add aren't that bad as oppossed to just being thrown into the fire when he directed Alien 3 being his first movie. Zodiac was a pretty good movie. Although i still would love Cameron or Ridley to do Alien 5.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If the story is good...this coming from the woman who did Alien: Resurrection.

Ash 937

Ash 937

DoomRulz has a good point.  If Weaver cared so much about I don't think she would have sold out the franchise the way that she did.  I think that if they offered her a lot of money she would've even done AvP.  Also, there are plenty of good directors out there to make Alien 5.  It doesn't need to be Cameron or Scott.

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

I agree.  It doesn't have to be Ridley Scott or James Cameron taking the reigns for Alien 5.  Would they be great directors?  Sure.  But are there other directors out there who could be more than capable of bringing this franchise back from the dead?  Absolutely.  The only reason this deal hasn't been made is because FOX is pussy-footing around, like it always does, and is still stringing people along.  Anyone who's an Alien fan WANTS to see Alien 5 over AVP 3; why FOX continues to deliberate over something so simple is beyond comprehension.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

They should get Danny Boyle, like 'Gameoverman' said, his Sunshine' movie was like watching ALIEN, but without the alien.

War Wager

War Wager

Just get someone to do it please, this franshise deserves something decent.

AvPvTerminator

It's going to happen, the only question is when.

XENOVIN

XENOVIN

IF WEAVER WANTS TO DO IT THEN DO IT.IF ONLY FOX WOULD GIVE THE FILM A BIG BUDGET IT WOULD WORK INSTEAD OF THERE PENNY PINCHING.THE FILM MUST GO BACK TO ITS HORROR ROOTS AND NOT A KIDS MOVIE LIKE AVP AND AVP2 START THE FILM AT THE END OF ALIENS  THAT WOULD BE A START.    :D  

Keyes

Keyes

I'd love for Alien5 with Weaver to step in front of any potential AVP. I think to a lot of people it would be redeeming after the dissatisfaction of the two AVP movies, plus with the recent trend of bringing back old movie characters, now would seem the right time.  As for a director, I think perhaps we should accept having either Ridley Scott of James Cameron on board is pretty unlikely... there are surely other candidates who could do a good job.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed