Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 148,728 times)

Adorianu

Adorianu

I don't thing that Neomorph's got inner jaw. I might be wrong.

Im not talking that he have inner jaw,im saying that his basic jaw will be working like that,will be coming out from that round face.

Quotemuch like the goblin shark

Yeah!! this exactly!!

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 04:33:57 PM
I didn't have a problem with the smaller neomorph, but the one shown in the TV spot is literally the exact same no-eyes/all-mouth white creature shown in a zillion bad low-budget horror movies for over a decade. It's been reused constantly due to similar designs from various popular horror video games. I couldn't believe it was turning up yet again in a major big-budget Alien franchise picture in 2017, much less with CG that looks like it dates back at least 10 years.
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 03, 2017, 04:37:01 PM
Yeah it does kinda look cliché, doesn't it? Ah well. At least the Xenomorph is looking good!

Same here.

I like the dark and foreboding tone of it all so far. It'll be nice if Covenant manages to maintain that outside of brief trailer clips. The shot of the crashed derelict/juggernaut in the woods was chilling.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 03, 2017, 04:37:01 PM
Yeah it does kinda look cliché, doesn't it? Ah well. At least the Xenomorph is looking good!

What isn't cliche today? I mean, in essence Alien: Covenant is using visuals/creature design in part inspired  by other media which was originally inspired by the original Alien which in and of itself was derivative.

Russ840

Russ840

Is it me or does the Xeno have similar body details to the Deacon. Look at the deacon pics, check out the shoulders and then compare with the way the new Xeno looks. I would say there is a resemblance.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 03:00:58 PM
What's wrong about it? Looks fine to me.

it's not neccesarily how it looks, but how it moves. it just looks odd how it suddenly comes forward. i don't know if it's the angle or so,
but it looks almost like a blob moving elastically forward. i don't know how to describe it correctly.

i don't have a problem with how the neo looks like, i think it actually looks haunting. i can even get past the cgi-looking stuff. it's a tad too smooth and shiny and clean (squeaky clean) looking which imho makes it look more cgi. i think if it had some dust/dirt like on it, and some more wrinkles and less shiny skin it would already look better.

but again, for me, it's not really how it looks, i'm fine wiht that. i'm also fine with the jaw portruding out like the deacon. but it's somehow how it moves that bothers me. still, let's just wait the movie.

i'm happy to see the adult neo though. veeery curious on the movie. gots to see it.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

I think the editing of the TV spot is what makes the neomorph movement seem a bit cartoony. I'm sure it will look excellent in the film. We can critique his narrative sensibilities until the cows come home, but Ridley's got visuals down.

episodenone

episodenone

Well -- I can sum up my feelings rather easily... I love em.  All 3. Love em. 

Love the Pompeii feel to the Engineer corpses.  I mean -- few things on Earth can match the destructive power or an erupting Volcano -- this looks legit.

Evanus

Evanus

Seems like that close up shot of the Xenomorph is from the shower scene. That's why there's so much water. I can't believe it took me so long to notice.  :D

Jenga

Jenga

RE: EVANUS

I had the same head scratching moment. I was like: "I know  Ridley likes to have more water on the alien mouth than the other directors but there was SO much". Now this all makes sense :)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i just realised that this image:

actually shows a rather correct shaped skullhead of the 'new' xeno, if we were to go by how we see the nose and eye sockets in the trailer(s).....
or am i seeing things wrong here?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 05:45:23 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 03:00:58 PM
What's wrong about it? Looks fine to me.

it's not neccesarily how it looks, but how it moves. it just looks odd how it suddenly comes forward. i don't know if it's the angle or so,
but it looks almost like a blob moving elastically forward. i don't know how to describe it correctly.

But we don't know yet how it moves. This TV spot shows just 1 or 2 seconds of it. It's just a very short part of the scene which we know nothing about.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

well obviously we're discussing how it moves IN THE TRAILER, so yeah, those 1 or 2 seconds.
not wanting to say 'duh' because it would be a tad disrespectful and that's not my intention,
but i think it's pretty obvious that's what's discussing here.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 03, 2017, 06:47:28 PM
well obviously we're discussing how it moves IN THE TRAILER, so yeah, those 1 or 2 seconds.
not wanting to say 'duh' because it would be a tad disrespectful and that's not my intention,
but i think it's pretty obvious that's what's discussing here.

None taken. But I have a question: how can you discuss the way adult Neomorph moves based upon 1 second (it's even less than 1 second) shot?

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

The CGI doesn't bother me. I can understand some of the criticism of the corridor shot from the trailer, but wouldn't judge too harshly based on the brief snippets seen so far. There could very well be a reason the alien is CGI in the shower shot that will become clear later. As has been pointed out previously, some of this stuff may still be tweaked further between now and release anyways. Frankly, right now I'm just happy to see an alien colored and lit that way again, reminds me very much of the closeups from the first film.

Also, regarding the comparisons to The Thing, unless I'm mistaken the CGI makeover on that movie was something that was done against the director's wishes, but it wasn't his call. I don't think anybody's pushing Ridley in a corner over this stuff, and if that's the way he wants it it's the way he wants it -- which I think was made pretty clear from just about everything in Prometheus.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

lol, i understand what you mean, i really do, but i'm rather refering to the actual shot.
the shot looks odd, it moves odd. thats my problem with it.

i havent seen enough to judge how it goes in general, but for this shot, it looks odd.

the juvenile version looked great and moved rather awesome and believable to me. very animalistic. not bad, but it gives me a bit of a carnivoreous velociraptor-like sensation instead of proper alien intelligent being. but perhaps the neomorph is really that, animalistic. perhaps the neomorph is the origin creature, perhaps a form of parasite that takes on its host's features which is why it looks like a human being somewhat, and the xenomorph is the  lifeform 'edited' by the engineers/anohter race, and david picks up the game.

again, the reason i'm discussing that is because that's all we got. we have nothing else of an adult neomorph but that shot. and exactly that shot looks weird and odd, due to the movement imho.

for the xeno we have multiple shots. it moves gracefully in the corridor, and really good imho. also when it's crawling on the spacecraft, and also when its taking a shower. the only moment i think the xeno moved odd was when headbutting the windshield.

so again, even if it's just half a second, it just moves odd. visually, i have no problem with it though.
i feel like it suddenly gets catapulted from a stand still like it's hit by a canonball in the back of the head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed