Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece]

Started by bendinglight, Feb 21, 2021, 05:43:58 AM

Author
Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece] (Read 32,332 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2021, 03:41:40 PM
It's not when you're telling me you said something different.
fam that's literally a strawman though

Cameron intended EVERYTHING about the Queen in Aliens '86, but I doubt he went on and specifically mentioned the neck hole we see in the hive scenes. Again, we don't know the full story -- the membrane jowls could be a result of what I said, and this is very likely based on the facts, or even something intentional. We don't know. But that kinda jowl has been there since P2 and complaining about them specifically on the ADI preds is... wait for it... biased

I've seen all the bits videos too and I don't buy into the blame is environment versus execution
here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4pXjb3iRM4&ab_channel=studioADI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9V_1aXe2w&t=8s&ab_channel=studioADI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4gyWayQ8o&ab_channel=HollywoodArchive

again, this is during filming and the membranes looked tighter just out of the mould - could be intentional, could be unintentional. But they do show these "jowls" prominently, so I guess they were fine with it. Since apparently these jowls are so important, next time I stumble upon one of the ADI people I'm gonna ask them this very question

Yet that isn't my logic
re-read what you wrote then fam
your inherent bias against ADI is influencing the objectivity of your statements however

that same bias is the reason this conversation really is going nowhere

video still bull lmao

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2021, 06:44:59 PM
Kradan, I guess this is somehow an attempt to embarrass me, that you caught me talking about it 14 times since January of 2019, and more than half of the time I didn't even bring up the issue but responded to it. Of course, you conveniently left out the times you brought it up. Becareful with this road your trying to take my friend.

Ill try this one more time with you...

ACM, Randy Pitchford, Crabators, egg barfing, egg morphing, Alien3 eggs, Alien skulls, AvPR can't see sh*t, Predator boobs, the murial, hybridization, City Hunters mandible problems, Predator autism, The Newborn, domes, Ridley's prequels, is AvP canon, David created the Xenomorph, etc. etc. etc. -  This all gets repeated over and over again in these forums and increases when it becomes relevant. And with a new Predator film coming, what fans want from the FX house becomes relevant. I did not even create the video, or start this thread, or contribute to the conversation until Thread Page #2 and you're on my case about it.

You don't seem to count how many times you personally trash AvPR and the Predalien, things I am fans of, because that would make your point moot. Just knock it off.

No, I'm not trying to embarrass you. No need for that patronising tone. Omega pointed out that argument gets repeated over and over and I tried to show what he was talking about .

QuoteI'm not mad or pissed mind you, just tired of these arguments being recycled over and over and over again

QuoteIt's not so much about the criticism itself (which is fine, it's your opinion and etc.) but the fact it is repeated over and over and over and OVER.

To be honest, I was going with posts that have all the terrible shots of ADI Preds you put in for visibility's sake

In terms of all the subjects you listed above that get repeated - well, yeah you're right. I'm not a fan of these things being repeated either

I don't construct elaborate posts with images and #This and #That about how awful Requiem is - it usually goes to the extent of several sentences. And I don't recall ever trashing Requiem's Predalien. I am for once OK with the design and not even against dreadlocks. I guess, you're talking about egg-barfing ? Well, sorry not a fan

And I don't keep count how many times you trashed The Predator

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2021, 06:56:23 PM
Am for once OK with the design and not even against freadlocks
What's a freadlock fam

Kradan

Kradan

Sorry, was typing fast. Dreadlock

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Dread man, truly dread.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 24, 2021, 06:53:07 PM
Yet that isn't my logic
re-read what you wrote then fam
your inherent bias against ADI is influencing the objectivity of your statements however

that same bias is the reason this conversation really is going nowhere

Yet that bias? of mine against ADI somehow really likes ADI's Alien Queen and especially their PredAlien and just is very unhappy with their Predator design execution.? And if I wasn't biased, I would favor the ADI Predators too? (facepalm)

I agree. We're going nowhere. We agree to disagree! Cheers!

video still bull lmao

Time to move to YouTube and tell all the people liking the video I guess...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 24, 2021, 06:56:23 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2021, 06:44:59 PM
Kradan, I guess this is somehow an attempt to embarrass me, that you caught me talking about it 14 times since January of 2019, and more than half of the time I didn't even bring up the issue but responded to it. Of course, you conveniently left out the times you brought it up. Becareful with this road your trying to take my friend.

Ill try this one more time with you...

ACM, Randy Pitchford, Crabators, egg barfing, egg morphing, Alien3 eggs, Alien skulls, AvPR can't see sh*t, Predator boobs, the murial, hybridization, City Hunters mandible problems, Predator autism, The Newborn, domes, Ridley's prequels, is AvP canon, David created the Xenomorph, etc. etc. etc. -  This all gets repeated over and over again in these forums and increases when it becomes relevant. And with a new Predator film coming, what fans want from the FX house becomes relevant. I did not even create the video, or start this thread, or contribute to the conversation until Thread Page #2 and you're on my case about it.

You don't seem to count how many times you personally trash AvPR and the Predalien, things I am fans of, because that would make your point moot. Just knock it off.

No, I'm not trying to embarrass you. Omega pointed out that argument gets repeated over and over and I tried to show what he was talking about .

Yes, I saw the 14 quotes in two years.

QuoteIt's not so much about the criticism itself (which is fine, it's your opinion and etc.) but the fact it is repeated over and over and over and OVER.

To be honest, I was going with posts that have all the terrible shots of ADI Preds you put in for visibility's sake

In terms of all the subjects you listed above that get repeated - well, yeah you're right. I'm not a fan of these things being repeated either

I don't construct elaborate posts with images and #This and #That about how awful Requiem is - it usually goes to the extent of several sentences. And I don't recall ever trashing Requiem's Predalien. I am for once OK with the design and not even against dreadlocks

And I don't keep count how many times you trashed The Predator

I've also been positive of The Predator that it can be a fun popcorn film with a few beers. But a lot of people here trash The Predator all the time, over and over again. So you're making my point.

All I can recommend Kradan is grow a thicker skin, or start complaining about everything that gets repeated so you don't appear hypocritical when you only complain about repetition... only when it's with things you don't agree.

In other words, knock it off please.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rightio. This one got a little under my skin, but I didn't want to delete because there's interesting discussion going off around some of this shade.

First of all, agree or disagree with the point, it's something that a lot of people agree with as evidenced by the views, comments and likes on the video itself. This thread was specifically about a video talking about those issues, so to come in here and complain about it being talked about is unfair.

And again, disagree or agree with the subject, I'm also not big on members presuming to tell other members (or site staff) off for bringing up something they're passionate about, particularly when it's relevant to the conversation at hand, and they didn't start it. There are certain things that are going to get addressed frequently and brought back up with new voices enter the conversation. It's starting to feel particularly targetted and I don't like to see that.

I also don't want to see this passive aggressive stuff going off either. If you're tired of the topic, don't get involved or don't get drawn into it. Let's remember to take steps back before we get involved in something that we're passionate about. We're all fans here, we're not enemies to each other.

But like I said, there's interesting information in here too. So let's get back to it without resorting to poor forms of discourse.

BlueMarsalis79

Someone want to reply to my post yet? lol

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

"Sizzy! Why are you not active on the forums/fan groups anymore???"
Me: *gestures vaguely*

XD

Yeah, I'm not much for highly bias and opinionated YT clickbait (and it's important not to take rando youtubers opinions as 'fact' here). Other than that, I think Omegamorph about covered my feelings on the subject.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 24, 2021, 08:34:05 PM
Someone want to reply to my post yet? lol

Sorry!  As usual it was clear and concise and of course, I quite enjoyed it.  ;D

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Feb 24, 2021, 08:46:00 PM
"Sizzy! Why are you not active on the forums/fan groups anymore???"
Me: *gestures vaguely*

XD

I assumed you were just too busy canoodling with that fun and charismatic mate of yours!  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think Omegamorph about covered my feelings on the subject.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 25, 2021, 12:13:53 PM

"Listen here you lil' shit if ADI f**k up the face AGAIN I'm holding you personally responsible."

Voodoo Magic

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 25, 2021, 01:39:40 PM
"Listen here you lil' shit if ADI f**k up the face AGAIN I'm holding you personally responsible."
they never f**ked up anything lmao

I'm not too fond of the AvP versions but I f**king LOVE fugitive

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

ADI FUGITIVE LOVE BIAS!    ;)

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 25, 2021, 12:13:53 PM

Considering the topic, I think it would have been more apropo to use an ADI Predator gif, I think!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed