The Predator Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes

Started by Ramjet311, Dec 10, 2018, 07:34:20 PM

Author
The Predator Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes (Read 10,483 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2018, 03:16:19 AM
Ha, no way. No how.
I dunno, I think your GIF neatly illustrates how cartoonish the P2 puppet was. It doesn't feel real at all.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2018, 04:07:53 AM
Ha, no way. No how.
I dunno, I think your GIF neatly illustrates how cartoonish the P2 puppet was. It doesn't feel real at all.

I guess we just see it differently.  Cheers.

SiL

SiL

You're very welcome.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Happy to help.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2018, 11:11:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 21, 2018, 06:48:31 AM
Holy crap, that might actually be my favourite shot of an ADI Predator face.
the first pictures I saw of them looked kind of cheep but now that iv seen the animatronic and behind the scenes, they actualy look realy good, its ashame they were cut.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that very same Predator, with a little more light and resolution becomes.... 

Crab-Man!  :-\

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2018, 01:48:13 AM
The bug-eyed close-up animatronic face in the second movie is the goofiest looking thing in the series. Goofier than Scar's surprise face.

Ha, no way. No how.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/6s0Hz1d3gq2yI/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c1dab113059666949401892

The Stan's Predator in P2 wins in design, realism, paint application, everything. The only thing that Scar's surprised face wins... is the Goofy Award.

Quote from: PredBabe on Dec 22, 2018, 02:04:33 AM
Yes my pic is just a quick snap from my phone of my television screen but the picture you are posting doesn't do the actual shot any justice. Your attached pic has more lighting and resolution to the point that it looks grainy. The actual footage is more crisp with good lighting. Add that plus the slow head turn and eye movement and you get an awesome clip of the Emissary predator and an idea of how they would have appeared in the actual movie.

Of course you can't compare it to Stan's designs but the point is it actually looked good in the proper lighting. This isn't the first case where a movie monster needed the right lighting and angles to have the right affect.

I hope my comment about your photo didn't come across as personal criticism. I do apologize if it did. I didn't intend it that way and I'm glad you shared the pic.  :)

I do understand good lighting can make anything look better, especially if it's positioned as models would say "from my good side", but the more it moves and is turned away from that angle, it just appeared as the dreaded crab-face (imo).  Which makes me miss Stan's designs because they never had the crab-face look and could look great in any light, any angle.

But to be honest, it's not all about Stan, because I was happy with KNB work in "Predators". So I'm just missing a certain level of quality that ADI struggles to achieve with Predators imo.

Now I'll give ADI credit that with AVP, AVPR and The Predator, they have improved with every film.  But considering how long we have to wait for a new Predator film, I'm ready to pass the torch to another company.  Time for some new creative blood.  :)

Hahaha no worries! I get your point and I can't deny that there is a lot of BTS shots that make the Emissaries look off putting. I was just surprised at how good I thought it looked in that particular clip. I think they were really playing up on a crustacean look for the preds in this movie so you're probably right in thinking the design looks like a crab-man.  But yes, I'd be curious to see someone else, other than ADI, have a go with designing a Predator for a future movie too.  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

At no point does the predator 2 animatronic face ever look as bad as scars face in AvP.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 24, 2018, 04:01:06 AM
At no point does the predator 2 animatronic face ever look as bad as scars face in AvP.
His googley eyes when Harrigan is right about to chop his arm off. Looks like something out of the original Mad Max ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

"His googley eyes when Harrigan is right about to chop his arm off. Looks like something out of the original Mad Max"  ;D

I definitely agree.

SiL

SiL

Bruh, that's Mad Max 2.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 24, 2018, 05:27:25 AM
Bruh, that's Mad Max 2.

Don't blame me!  HuDaFuK was the one who revealed your secret identity to be Lord Humongous!

And to us Americans, it's called "The Road Warrior"! :P

Sgt. Shanx

Sgt. Shanx

Deleted scene let's you know Lynch is in charge behind Williams

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Dec 24, 2018, 04:33:48 AM
His googley eyes when Harrigan is right about to chop his arm off. Looks like something out of the original Mad Max ;D

That's because he's supposed to be looking surprised at the prospect of getting his arm chopped.

I never had much problems with the P2 face. I never stopped to think that it looked bad, not like every movie that ever came after it.

Even the Elders look 5 times better than anything else.

I noticed something on re-watching the lab scene in The Predator. They make his mandibles act like a crab with little movements, the original never did this, they were just moving when he wanted them to move.

Just another tick in the don't know how to make predator faces box.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Jan 04, 2019, 04:57:26 AM
That's because he's supposed to be looking surprised at the prospect of getting his arm chopped.
Surprised is one thing, a bug-eyed cartoon is another.

QuoteI noticed something on re-watching the lab scene in The Predator. They make his mandibles act like a crab with little movements, the original never did this, they were just moving when he wanted them to move.

Just another tick in the don't know how to make predator faces box.
That's a directing thing, though. Black could tell them to stop moving the mandibles so much -- it's not like they were built to just wiggle uncontrollably.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Highland on Jan 04, 2019, 04:57:26 AM
I noticed something on re-watching the lab scene in The Predator. They make his mandibles act like a crab with little movements, the original never did this, they were just moving when he wanted them to move.

The Predator is probably annoyed. They are two different creatures/characters anyway. Why is that bad:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed