Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 105,922 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 22, 2019, 11:19:04 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 22, 2019, 11:14:06 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2019, 01:01:13 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgingernutsofhorror.com%2Fuploads%2F3%2F4%2F5%2F1%2F34519054%2Fa4_orig.png&hash=fe99302d12a0dc09297d3b128cf65f09

I wish I could be like that on those days when my floor spontaneously turns into lava and I have to walk on the furniture to get around.

Pierce Brosnan did it, and he wasn't even wearing plaid.

Plus Pierce learned that Grandmas make excellent replacement motor boat engines!

Huggs

She was more of a mule than a motor.

And she had it coming, quite frankly.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 23, 2019, 12:30:14 AM

When I was gintastic, I clearly remember Grandma putting her lips in the water, blowing raspberries.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 23, 2019, 12:35:16 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 23, 2019, 12:30:14 AM

When I was gintastic, I clearly remember Grandma putting her lips in the water, blowing raspberries.

I still don't understand how fruit is going to save them?  ;D

SM

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 22, 2019, 11:21:24 PM
Sam Trammell was terrific in Requiem. Wish there was more of him.

They could've had a plank play that part.  I actually had to look up who Sam Trammell was and I only watched AvP:R the other day.

I wish they'd kept the idea from earlier drafts that he and Kelly were on the verge of divorce.

SiL

In the original draft he was actually a character and lived till the end.

BishopShouldGo

Would've been nice to have him throughout. At least his death involved a good jump scare.

Gilfryd

I like the stuff following Wolf around doing his thing. I like his design, although they ruin the reveal of his face at the end by, you know, showing it off a couple times beforehand - including the first time you see him!

John Ortiz does an admirable job with the material given - he's a solid character actor.

Brian Tyler's score deserved a bigger, better movie.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 23, 2019, 08:37:30 PM
Brian Tyler's score deserved a bigger, better movie.

100%

SM

Brian Tyler's score was from bigger and better movies.

The Old One

The Old One

Plagiarism?

SM

Bit too strong a word considering he was making licensed product featuring Aliens and Predators.  You would expect music similar to those films and it does sound like a greatest hits package.   When Dallas shoots the Alien on the helipad for instance, the music sounds like it's lifted from Bishop's Countdown.  Oddly enough the only existing music cue mentioned in the credits was from Predator.

Unlike Jed Kurzel's work on Covenant, which uses Goldsmith's work, other cues recall stuff from Alien 3 or Resurrection without sounding lifted.

Tyler's work suits the film, but like the rest of movie it's taking stuff from better films and slapping it together.  The music is just a bit less superficial.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 23, 2019, 09:44:00 PM
Brian Tyler's score was from bigger and better movies.

And James Cameron's aliens featured music from 2001.

As did Godzilla 2014.

But it all fit well.

SM

I believe I said that.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 24, 2019, 01:32:51 AM
I believe I said that.

It was so true that It was worth mentioning again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed