Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,831 times)

SM

SM

According to Wikipedia, Rebellion owns 2000AD.  Seems the IDW one is an alternate take on Dredd.  I think.

RakaiThwei

I was about to say if IDW was going to be collaborating with Dark Horse.. might lead to some interesting crossovers. An Alien-Predator/TMNT crossover would be something but as a Turtles and AvP fan, I wouldn't want to see that.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 13, 2014, 10:29:27 PM
Deacons and Xenomorphs vs Predator vs Mutant Cover by EM Gist! Sebela just posted this on his Tumblr!!

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 13, 2014, 10:31:28 PM

Even more from io9! http://io9.com/see-dark-horses-first-alien-predator-avp-and-prometh-1500505424?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

These are awesome!

As much as I wish that this stuff was just Alien/Prometheus without the Predator, I'm finding myself surprisingly really intrigued.

Ultramorph

I wonder, from the way his skin is peeling off to reveal a white/blue endo-skeleton, if the guy in this pic is what happens when a synthetic gets a black goo facial ala Fifield. They did say that they're playing with the idea of creation, stewardship of life, etc.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 14, 2014, 03:58:14 AM
I wonder, from the way his skin is peeling off to reveal a white/blue endo-skeleton, if the guy in this pic is what happens when a synthetic gets a black goo facial ala Fifield. They did say that they're playing with the idea of creation, stewardship of life, etc.

I am pretty sure that the black liquid wouldn't have an effect on synthetics. I'm sure that it's a human under going mutation from the liquid either from inhalation or ingestion.

SM

SM

I originally thought it was a skinless android, but some of the detailing looks Engineeresque.

RakaiThwei

That's something I actually am curious about.. How would a mutated human cope with a Predator? How would a Predator cope with a mutated human that had been exposed to the black slime? That would be a fight I'm curious to see seeing as how insanely powerful Fifeld was when he was exposed to that stuff.

More curiously... if a Predator is exposed to the slime.. What abomination would be unleashed?

MrSpaceJockey

Hm what's going to be the title of this series anyway? Because Alien vs Predator vs Prometheus wouldn't make sense would it? They're not fighting the ship.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 14, 2014, 04:11:14 AM
Hm what's going to be the title of this series anyway? Because Alien vs Predator vs Prometheus wouldn't make sense would it? They're not fighting the ship.

I'm sure it's still Alien vs Predator.

Just with Engineers in it now..

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 14, 2014, 04:11:14 AM

It's not going to be a singular series, but FOUR series that share a continuous story arc.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 14, 2014, 04:16:26 AM
It's not going to be a singular series, but FOUR series that share a continuous story arc.

Still though.. I'd call this the Prometheus-Predator universe. Least I would anyway.

SM

SM

QuoteThat's something I actually am curious about.. How would a mutated human cope with a Predator?

Fifield would've give it a fair run.

Before his head exploded.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2014, 04:23:59 AM
Fifield would've give it a fair run.

Before his head exploded.

Or Fifield would've had his head cut off. Still though, would be an entertaining fight and I think we might see that.

Born Of Cold Light

I am a little disappointed that they're completely scrapping the old universe, since there were a ton of great stories to be had, and they were starting to really pull together a mythos with Destroying Angels, More Than Human, and Three World War.  Still, the whole Wilks/Billie thing was stupid, so maybe it's for the best.  Maybe they can reintroduce some of the old characters in a new way, like Jerry the xenomorph android from Stronghold and Dr. Church from Labyrinth.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Many Angled One on Jan 14, 2014, 06:16:52 AM
I am a little disappointed that they're completely scrapping the old universe, since there were a ton of great stories to be had, and they were starting to really pull together a mythos with Destroying Angels, More Than Human, and Three World War.

According to Christopher Sebela, the new stories which these comics are presenting aren't rendering the old stories moot or over-riding them out canon. So while the old universe is no longer being continued, it's now a continuity of it's own which is completely different from the old one. I really wish people would remember this instead of assuming that the old one is jettisoned out of canon. The only way the old stories can be declared no longer canon is if Fox says they are, and knowing Fox.. they won't because they likely just don't care and canon is essentially like your local salad bar. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Quote from: Many Angled One on Jan 14, 2014, 06:16:52 AM
Maybe they can reintroduce some of the old characters in a new way, like Jerry the xenomorph android from Stronghold and Dr. Church from Labyrinth.

We're not getting Machiko, Broken Tusk, Jeri or Dr. Church. The new writers are actively trying to avoid anything to do with the original stories which were presented to us some twenty years ago. Yeah, they were fun but these new stories are the new Status Quo, where as the old stories might be another universe altogether.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed