Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 32,113 times)

Russ840

I won't be passing any judgements on Black. I don't know the details beyond these articles.  I certainly don't approve on the offenders behaviour but there may be important details we don't know regarding Black's actions.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 06, 2018, 05:04:48 PM
I think this is the best article on the subject;
http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/why-does-shane-black-keep-casting-steven-wilder-striegel-a-registered-sex-offender.php

Disappointed in Shane Black to say the least.
I don't care. The scene is out, problem solved.

MudButt

I don't love that Black has hired him, especially due to the nature of the scene that he was hired on to do, but the studio made the right move by cutting the scene and Munn was smart to speak out against it. I don't think Shane Black is a bad dude, this guy is his friend and sometimes it's difficult to shut out your friend over mistakes they've made regardless of how bad they are. However, hiring a guy who did what he did to be in a scene where he's hitting on a girl who's not interested is questionable.

Danversity

Scene's not there anymore. Think it would've been a REAL problem if they kept it. Shouldn't be too much of a stir now that they've pulled it.

azamultic

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 06, 2018, 05:58:47 PM
Scene's not there anymore. Think it would've been a REAL problem if they kept it. Shouldn't be too much of a stir now that they've pulled it.

yeh, but I think it will create a stronger hate group for Shane Black, therefore some people may boycott his movies in the future.

Tetsujin

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 06, 2018, 05:58:47 PMShouldn't be too much of a stir now that they've pulled it.

Twitter - HELL IS OPEN!

:-[ :'(

The Wolverine Predator

People are trashing Shane on Twitter as we speak and as said above their people talk about boycotting The Predator

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah some of the same brave internet people who won't do shit in real life even if something like that happened under their nose. Nothing new under the sun.

Master

Americans are wierd sometimes.

Whos_Nick

Very disappointed with Shane and what happened

Ultramorph

Blowing up on Twitter. Shane really f**ked up, especially his response saying the guy's actions "weren't lecherous."

Danversity

Look, we've had a very much worse case with T.J Miller, nobody cut his scenes or recast him from Ready Player One or Deadpool 2 and those films went very well at the box office. Granted, The Predator is not the box office titan that Deadpool is, neither does it have Spielberg's name attached to it, but I think that's a testament to these angry internet people who'll shit on the movie for a scene that was cut represent nothing but a minority and should not be enough for it to bomb. It's not good news, that's for certain, but I don't think it's enough to bury the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM
Andddd... This won't help the box office in the US :(

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1037658235711438848

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/predator-scene-cut-by-fox-registered-sex-offender-role-1140361?utm_source=twitter

QuoteBut after reading the Times' report, which quoted email correspondences between Striegel and the minor, among other details, Black released another statement where he condemned his friend and apologized.

"Having read this morning's news reports, it has sadly become clear to me that I was misled by a friend I really wanted to believe was telling me the truth when he described the circumstances of his conviction. I believe strongly in giving people second chances - but sometimes you discover that chance is not as warranted as you may have hoped." 

Black continued: "After learning more about the affidavit, transcripts and additional details surrounding Steve Striegel's sentence, I am deeply disappointed in myself. I apologize to all of those, past and present, I've let down by having Steve around them without giving them a voice in the decision."

Brzrkr

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 06, 2018, 02:09:47 PM
I'm really taken aback that Shane thought it was an okay idea for a convicted sex offender to have a bit part hitting on a woman. Won't be missing that scene.

Why is he still even associated with this guy? I get that people have the ability to have second chances etc. but trying to bed 14 year old girls?!

Shane, cut that person out of your life immediately.

Corporal Hicks

Can someone quote me the whole LA Times report? I can't access it over here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed