Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 283,363 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Isn't the idea that the Predator in this new comic is going to hunt an Engineer anyway?

And the AVP films exist in their own little bubble according to the writers of this series.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 08:05:52 PM
Isn't the idea that the Predator in this new comic is going to hunt an Engineer anyway?

And the AVP films exist in their own little bubble according to the writers of this series.

You're right on both counts, although Scott Allie did seem to back peddle on the AvP movies being canon a month or so ago when he was interviewed and they released the covers for the #1s. I wouldn't expect any kind of acknowledgement of those films either way.

I have what I think is a cool idea for Predator/Engineer backstory, but it'll never happen since it involves Super Predators.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Super Predators IMO were an isolated incident of a cult of freaks who had no honour and experimented on themselves.
It would be kinda cool if that was expanded upon but I'd rather it not involve Rod's idea that they're superior to the original, take it over like Fox took over the Star.Wars franchise after the original for two more films.

IMO we should get a Predator 3 & a Predators II and Predators III.

Ultramorph

I actually think they could do some cool stuff with the Super Predators mirroring the Paradise Lost elements of Prometheus.
I like to think that the Engineers are regarded as semi-mythical space-faring demigods by the Predators. There have been few interactions, but many Predators fear the Engineers and their fearsome dragon servants (xenomorphs). That is except for one clan, which, hundreds or thousands of years ago, became "fallen," cutting a deal with the Engineers for technology to genetically enhance themselves. These Super Predators also got Xenos from the Engineers, and used them in a war to try and subjugate the rest of the yautja. Eventually they were defeated and exiled to the hunting preserve.

I like this idea because it also has the benefit of re-imagining the relationship between the Predators and xenomorphs.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 15, 2014, 07:53:59 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 15, 2014, 07:45:19 PM
I hope we at least get some kind of hint at the relationship between the two species

If you count AvP-R, which features a trophy room that does show an Engineer helmet.. I would think they have a pretty antagonistic relationship to begin with.
Alternately, it's a Space Jockey skull. ;)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Oh man I'd be all for that.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 15, 2014, 08:35:56 PM
Alternately, it's a Space Jockey skull. ;)

UUGGGH!!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Ultramorph

These comics can't come soon enough. We need new things to argue about!  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 08:23:31 PM
take it over like Fox took over the Star.Wars franchise after the original for two more films.

Fox never took over the Star Wars franchise to make more films after the original. Lucas retained sequel rights as pat of his contract for the original film, and he had the movies made. Fox was merely the distributor.

Anyways, I'm liking most of the Alien/Prometheus art. Still wish that Predator had nothing to do with it though.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 16, 2014, 05:22:26 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 15, 2014, 08:23:31 PM
take it over like Fox took over the Star.Wars franchise after the original for two more films.

Fox never took over the Star Wars franchise to make more films after the original. Lucas retained sequel rights as pat of his contract for the original film, and he had the movies made. Fox was merely the distributor.

Anyways, I'm liking most of the Alien/Prometheus art. Still wish that Predator had nothing to do with it though.

I mean by different Directors, writers etc

Nightmare Asylum

Directors and writers that all executed George's ultimate vision. Even when he wasn't hands-on during the production, he still maintained final say over the finished project. He did right up until Disney purchased the property from him, as evidenced by the numerous times he went back and tinkered with the movies over the years.

Ironically enough, the same situation kind of happened with Predators. Nimrod Antal directed the film, but it was all Rodriguez's vision.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Fair enough but Rodriguez wasn't the same, he wanted to do more than he could afford and Nimrod would allow.
And I'm kinda glad, the film already has too many references to the original.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

So if these new comics start contradicting the old ones, heavily.

Is the comics/Prometheus considered new testament/new EU?

And the old considered old comics/AVP (2004) considered old testament/ old EU?

I think I'd like that a lot considering a lot of the old stuff is extremely cartooney while the new stuff seems to be going for a more realistic vibe.

SM

SM

More like 'apocrypha'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed