Updated version of my fanedit Alien: Redux The Virtual Workprint

Started by rijir, Feb 06, 2020, 01:51:56 AM

Author
Updated version of my fanedit Alien: Redux The Virtual Workprint (Read 5,437 times)

rijir

For those that enjoyed my fanedit from ages ago I have finally got around to remastering/redoing it with better source material.  I am fixing lots of glitches that were in the initial version.  There will be some minor changes here and there.   But overall the content will be the same.

SiL

windebieste

Sounds good so far.  Thanks for the update.

-Windebieste.

Gieferg

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Gieferg on Jan 31, 2022, 11:56:35 AM
Any updates?

The edit has been released and I've requested links for a copy.  I will let you know if I have any success.

Gieferg

Gieferg

I got it. Unfortunately it is made in 24 fps instead of standard 23,976 and framerate change wasn't done properly, so there's visible ghosting which, for me, makes it unwatchable  :-\

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 02, 2022, 12:02:00 PM
I got it. Unfortunately it is made in 24 fps instead of standard 23,976 and framerate change wasn't done properly, so there's visible ghosting which, for me, makes it unwatchable  :-\

Hi Gieferg.  Managed to grab a copy myself but only had a quick flick through it.  I haven't seen any ghosting on my end using VLC player.  However, I've not had a chance to watch it fully yet so can't really comment on any glitches or faults yet  :)

Gieferg

Gieferg

Screenshots from VLC.

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 02, 2022, 12:02:00 PM

Well it's been out almost a year and this is the first complaint I've heard.? If it's so unwatchable just don't watch it then.

SiL

It could be VLC player.

Can I get a link please?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Feb 02, 2022, 10:54:44 PM
It could be VLC player.

Can I get a link please?

Hi SiL,  I've PM'ed you the links  :)

Gieferg

Gieferg

It could be VLC player.

It looks exactly the same on every player I tried (VLC, Windows Media Player, MPC-HC). It's framerate was changed and it is not proper 23,976. It's not suppose to look like that.

Also, there are some cuts with flash-frames here and there (for example 1:53:40 but there's more).

QuoteWell it's been out almost a year and this is the first complaint I've heard.?
It is not.
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/ALIEN-REDUX-The-Virtual-Workprint-Released/id/70535/page/2#1377730
And the answer?
QuoteI never meant it to be polished.(...)  I know there are some issues but I wanted to finally get this thing out.

That clears it up I suppose.

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 03, 2022, 12:16:35 AM
It could be VLC player.

It looks exactly the same on every player I tried (VLC, Windows Media Player, MPC-HC). It's framerate was changed and it is not proper 23,976. It's not suppose to look like that.

Also, there are cuts with flash-frames here and there (for example 1:53:40 but there's more).

QuoteWell it's been out almost a year and this is the first complaint I've heard.?
It is not.
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/ALIEN-REDUX-The-Virtual-Workprint-Released/id/70535/page/2#1377730
And the answer?
QuoteI never meant it to be polished.(...)  I know there are some issues but I wanted to finally get this thing out.

That clears it up I suppose.

Well feel free to make your own version

Gieferg

Gieferg

Well, I can do it, and who knows, maybe I will one day (that would be third time I work on some alien edit btw).

But now I'll just say that it is extremely disappointing to find out, that the creator of a first fanedit I've ever watched, the one which brought me to fanediting, has that kind of attitude  :-\

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 03, 2022, 09:05:58 AM
Well, I can do it, and who knows, maybe I will one day (that would be third time I work on some alien edit btw).

But now I'll just say that it is extremely disappointing to find out, that the creator of a first fanedit I've ever watched, the one which brought me to fanediting, has that kind of attitude  :-\

I've made two edits over the past 20 years.  I am in no way a professional at video editing.  I have only done these for fun for myself but I figured others would enjoy them so I make them available to anyone that wants them.
Then you criticize my edit on multiple forums listing all of the things wrong with it including screenshots and times that you see glitches and even state that it is "unwatchable" and you are disappointed saying I have an attitude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed