Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,908 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 10, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
OBSERVER_ (PC GoG)

Rutger Hauer is Daniel Lazarski.
Played that recently, myself, on PS4. It was very much what I wanted. Really enjoyed it.

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent!  :)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Been playing through Resident Evil 2 Remake quite a bit. I really didn't keep up with REmake 2 before it was release. RE7 left a bad taste in my mouth that I lost interest in the series for a bit. I was blindsided with how much I enjoy playing through this game though. It's been a while that a game makes me want to keep playing back to back even after completing playthroughs. It's got a great pace. I also really love what they've done with Claire and Leon as they've fleshed them out more. This remake is the epitome of how future installments need to be handled.

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished brutal legend.

No idea what to do next.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 17, 2019, 01:35:15 AM
Been playing through Resident Evil 2 Remake quite a bit. I really didn't keep up with REmake 2 before it was release. RE7 left a bad taste in my mouth that I lost interest in the series for a bit. I was blindsided with how much I enjoy playing through this game though. It's been a while that a game makes me want to keep playing back to back even after completing playthroughs. It's got a great pace. I also really love what they've done with Claire and Leon as they've fleshed them out more. This remake is the epitome of how future installments need to be handled.

My only real complaint was the replay of the same boss battles in the b scenario as whichever character you choose.  Should've been a couple of different setups leading to different confrontations.  You can tell they thought about this (for instance, the licker through the two way mirror for both respective characters one the room is empty because in the other scenario it comes flying through) but for whatever reason (time maybe)it isnt fully implemented.  It doesn't kill the game, and its okay from a gameplay perspective, but it kills it for an immersion and storyline perspective.

Still solid game.  Id give it a 8/10.

I actually enjoyed RE7 for at least attempting to bring back the horror elements, far away from the ridiculous over the top action set pieces of 4,5, and 6. 

Both games get on my nerves because the characters don't know how to sprint.

I actually think the Evil Within 2 is better than RE2.  I'd go RE7-EW2-RE2-EW1.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 17, 2019, 03:04:35 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 17, 2019, 01:35:15 AM

My only real complaint was the replay of the same boss battles in the b scenario as whichever character you choose.  Should've been a couple of different setups leading to different confrontations.  You can tell they thought about this (for instance, the licker through the two way mirror for both respective characters one the room is empty because in the other scenario it comes flying through) but for whatever reason (time maybe)it isnt fully implemented.  It doesn't kill the game, and its okay from a gameplay perspective, but it kills it for an immersion and storyline perspective.

Still solid game.  Id give it a 8/10.

I actually enjoyed RE7 for at least attempting to bring back the horror elements, far away from the ridiculous over the top action set pieces of 4,5, and 6. 

Both games get on my nerves because the characters don't know how to sprint.

I actually think the Evil Within 2 is better than RE2.  I'd go RE7-EW2-RE2-EW1.

I'm still completing the B scenarios but I too thought they would really change up the bosses between Claire and Leon for the sake of continuity. I suppose Leon does face off with Mr. X in the end while Claire deals more with Birkin- but still. At any rate, I think Capcom did an amazing job with balancing the action and maintaining a scary atmosphere. I still get anxious when dealing with Mr. X! They did great with him.

Ironically I don't really mind the more action direction that RE4-RE6 took. Just wish they would be a bit more consistent with the story.
RE7 was a decent horror game but frankly felt like a spin-off rather than a numbered title to the series. I enjoyed it up until you reach the barn and go through Lucas' funhouse, the game lost its pacing at that point and I was disappointed that they didn't tie in the story with Revelations 2- or any of the RE games for that matter. 

I never really got into The Evil Within series but might have to check it out now. :) For now I'd say Capcom really delivered with REmake 2 and REvelatons 2.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Ew2 is better than 1 but you won't get the full experience of the 2nd unless you play 1.  There is a certain boss battle for instance a newcomer to the series would miss.

But it is a slog.

Razz

Razz

Condemned (XB1 Back Compat)

Very old and rough around the edges but still one of my favorite horror. Condemned 2 really misses the mark.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Been playing No Mans Sky on Xbox One. Its been nice relaxing adventure. And started looking at other games like it now.

Which turned my attention to Elite Dangerous. Been looking into it and debating on whether or not to pull the trigger on it or on Genesis Alpha One.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I loved the combat system of Condemned.  Still bummed that it ended on a cliffhanger and part 3 was cancelled.

I really enjoyed No Man's Sky too, but I haven't played since launch.  I should really check out the updates.

Right now, I'm playing Turok 2 for the first time...  I'm really not a fan of these massive levels.  I spend so much time feeling hopelessly lost.  Good game otherwise.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've discovered that I suck complete ass at The 4th Survivor in Resident Evil 2. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 19, 2019, 11:36:05 PM
I loved the combat system of Condemned.  Still bummed that it ended on a cliffhanger and part 3 was cancelled.

I really enjoyed No Man's Sky too, but I haven't played since launch.  I should really check out the updates.

Right now, I'm playing Turok 2 for the first time...  I'm really not a fan of these massive levels.  I spend so much time feeling hopelessly lost.  Good game otherwise.

The first time?

Where have you been soldier? The seeds of evil have long since taken root.

bewareoblivionisathand

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Started messing around with the mapmaking facility in the last Doom. It's actually really good, fairly intuitive and quite powerful.

I need to upload a created map for the final trophy, but every time I go to upload one of the base templates simply to get it, I get carried away and start building something bigger and more complex :P

Brings back fond memories of the mapmaker in the old TimeSplitters games, into which I sunk a lot of time.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 19, 2019, 11:38:56 PM
I've discovered that I suck complete ass at The 4th Survivor in Resident Evil 2. :laugh:

Essentially you avoid combat except where it is necessary.  Shoot the zombies in the leg with machine gun early, save the magnum for the lickers, make shotgun rounds for the few zombies you can't run around, shoot the ivy's in the chest to stumble them. avoid the g monsters by activating their animation and running backwards.

Run to mr x's grapple side and not his punching side.  I think it is your left his right.

If you can make it to the courtyard with defense weapons, you got a chance.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2019, 08:45:43 AM
Started messing around with the mapmaking facility in the last Doom. It's actually really good, fairly intuitive and quite powerful.

I need to upload a created map for the final trophy, but every time I go to upload one of the base templates simply to get it, I get carried away and start building something bigger and more complex :P

Brings back fond memories of the mapmaker in the old TimeSplitters games, into which I sunk a lot of time.

I played the timesplitters 2 demo to death back in the day. The snowy dam always reminded me of goldeneye for some reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed