Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 962,495 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Deathbearer on Feb 15, 2018, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 14, 2018, 08:35:05 PM
Playing Alien: Resurrection on the EPSX. The game is hard AF, I am about half way through thanks to the quick save feature of the emulator. The game constantly spawns Aliens behind you and bounces them in your face when opening doors. You also die by steam, flame, electricity, you just die, die and die. Regular save "stations" work just like Alien: Isolation and are rare to find. Great atmosphere and movie feel though,

Would you recommend it? I've been thinking about getting an emulator just for that.
I recommend it for the nostalgia (I saw a lot of promotional material for it back in 2000) and for completeness (I am trying to play every Alien FPS).
The movie feeling mostly comes from the overall sound design and the voice of Father (the voice actor is back and is great). There is no music though. The way they handle some of the movie characters in hilarious. Purvis meets you and dies 5 minutes later from the chestburster, Perez is an end boss that takes like 100 headshots into his stupid cap wearing face. The Queen is a mid-game boss that you kill but somehow comes back later. I imagine this is a nightmare to play without a mouse and a quicksave.

Darkness

Darkness

Finally finished Mario Odyssey. Honestly, for anybody who remotely liked Mario 64, this game is absolutely fantastic. I had my doubts about the Switch but this game totally justified buying one. There's about 780 moons to collect in total. I think I got to about 760 and gave up as the rest were too time-consuming.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Silent Hill 2
Town of Salem

Huggs

Huggs

Dishonored. It's a trip. Feels like Half-life 2, Bioshock Infinite and Assassins creed all rolled into one. But apparently I made a few mean choices, so now everybody acts like I'm the bad guy, even though I'm the one saving the freakin' kingdom. Sheesh.   :laugh:

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I've really been enjoying Godzilla 2015 on PS4. Considering picking up MGS5 or Survive.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Played some AvP Jaguar. Was hard as hell and had to use some cheats to progress.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Town of Salem
Dragonball Fighter Z
Monster Hunter World

PredBabe

PredBabe

Playing through the Uncharted series again. Just finished up the first game, it really leaves you wanting to play the sequels for their enhanced gameplay and graphics but the first game's story is still solid. Love this series and its characters. Looking forward to playing Uncharted 4 again in all its glory and detail.

TheRaven

TheRaven

Finishing my SWTOR toons.
Otherwise I'm having a bit of a nostalgia rush replaying Halo: CE & Halo 2 on PC

Ah the good ol days.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 01, 2018, 02:52:54 AMPlaying through the Uncharted series again. Just finished up the first game, it really leaves you wanting to play the sequels for their enhanced gameplay and graphics but the first game's story is still solid. Love this series and its characters. Looking forward to playing Uncharted 4 again in all its glory and detail.

The first one has a really great story - I especially love how it's revealed right at the end that
Spoiler
the only guy who really understands what's going on is the main villain's previously minor right-hand man.
[close]
But yeah, the gameplay is clunky as hell. Especially those frustrating jet ski sections.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, remains my favourite game of all time. I honestly can't express how much I love it. Pure perfection.

I really need to play 4 again, I haven't done so since it came out. I originally borrowed it off a mate, and had it for so long I forgot it wasn't actually mine until he asked for it back :laugh: Holding off buying it myself because now I'm waiting to see if they do a combined edition with Lost Legacy thrown in.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2018, 09:30:29 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 01, 2018, 02:52:54 AMPlaying through the Uncharted series again. Just finished up the first game, it really leaves you wanting to play the sequels for their enhanced gameplay and graphics but the first game's story is still solid. Love this series and its characters. Looking forward to playing Uncharted 4 again in all its glory and detail.

The first one has a really great story - I especially love how it's revealed right at the end that
Spoiler
the only guy who really understands what's going on is the main villain's previously minor right-hand man.
[close]
But yeah, the gameplay is clunky as hell. Especially those frustrating jet ski sections.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, remains my favourite game of all time. I honestly can't express how much I love it. Pure perfection.

I really need to play 4 again, I haven't done so since it came out. I originally borrowed it off a mate, and had it for so long I forgot it wasn't actually mine until he asked for it back :laugh: Holding off buying it myself because now I'm waiting to see if they do a combined edition with Lost Legacy thrown in.

Yeah I have to say Uncharted 2 is my favorite as well, though Uncharted 3 is a very close second favorite. Those two games have some of the best levels to explore plus I really enjoyed the character development between the two games.

You should definitely play through Uncharted 4 again, I know I enjoyed it more the second time around. While Uncharted 4's story is average, the amount of detail put into designing the game is stunning. Plus it does have the best gameplay. As weird as it may sound, I love exploring Nate and Elena's home the most and that's mainly because I see this game as the best possible closure to their story. You need to play through the Lost Legacy if you haven't already. That was a much needed add on for Nadine and Chloe.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not playing yet as it's still downloading, but PSN is currently offering a whopping 80% off Borderlands 2: The Handsome Collection, which includes the prequel game and all DLC for both. Snapped that up.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Decided to play Alien Isolation's DLC for the first time at 2am in the dark with headphones on. This was probably a bad idea to start with, but I came very near to swallowing my tongue in body-wracking terror when suddenly discovering that my left mouse button didn't work, so was left holding an ignited flare and unable to throw it as the alien came increasingly closer.

Exit. Exit! EXIT!!!!

*crawls into the corner and sobs quietly.*

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Aliens: Infestation on an emulator. Maybe I can finally find out what happens on the Sulaco :D

Darkness

Darkness

Rime.

Currently free for PS Plus subscribers. Quite enjoying it. It reminds me a lot of ICO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed