Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects

Started by Darkoo, Aug 02, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

Author
Amalgamated Dynamics will create the Predator creature effects (Read 28,132 times)

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2016, 07:36:05 AM
they weren't supposed to look wet because only the bad monsters are glimmery and slimey
Yes; they only kept the KY jelly appliances on the Aliens because they didn't want both monsters sliming around. Director's choice.

Not going to comment on the poorly thought hate comments - any special effects company does what the director wants. What ends up onscreen is the director's decision. ADI is no different. There's no reason to think they will do a bad work (if the news is accurate, anyway).

Also it seems that many people don't know Stan Winston Studio doesn't exist anymore. Its key members have founded Legacy Effects Studio some years after Stan's death.

Johnny Handsome

Alright, aside from the obvious things, i think ADI is now confirmed, creature designer of The Predator, Ben Mauro, posted this on facebook:
Was really cool to go check out ADI and Alliance Studios earlier this week, thanks Steve and Alec for showing me around your studios.......so much film/creature history and fun stories!

http://alliancestudio.net/biography.html

Alliancestudio is owned by Steve Wang, one of the original Predator designers and it's now save to say they are involved.

Corporal Hicks

Good catch! That one hadn't shown up on my feed yet.

Whiskeybrewer

Im not entirely sure about AD doing the creature effects, but I'm sure Black will try to make it look good lol

Keith

Hopefully the studio won't replace most of their work with bad CGI (like what happened in The Thing).

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Keith on Aug 03, 2016, 11:36:01 AM
Hopefully the studio won't replace most of their work with bad CGI (like what happened in The Thing).
Different franchise, different studio.

locusta

It´s not the creature studios decision to replace practical stuff with shaggy CGI. It´s the Producers who make ASSHAT decisions like that, and like in The Thing prequel.   ADI was very, very sad about that their awesome animatronics got kicked out for the CG garbage.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 03, 2016, 06:10:20 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Aug 03, 2016, 01:33:52 AM
If you pretend to make an "event" movie you better hire Stan Winston Studio. ::)
ADI can do the job if the director tells them he wants the original design back.
Not meant to insult your opinion but i'm sick of hearing this. For one, Stan Winston Studio does not exist anymore and a hell of a lot people who worked on the original movies worked on the AvP's with ADI... why? Because most of them are freelancers by now and are being hired when the right job comes along, the company doesn't matter. Even some of the guys worked on Predators with KNB, like Shannon Shea, even Steve Wang who was one of the key figures in designing the original Predator worked on the PredAlien for AvP-R, which is also loved by the fans  ::)

AvP's Predators werent perfect, by no means, but ADI still is one of the top players and they have the experience to get it right... or at least what Shane wants for his movie, they also worked with Ian Whyte before and are listening to the fans with social media, so they are well aware of the general opinion of the fans and what we consider a cool looking Predator.

Winston Studio became Legacy.And I repeat  : ADI can do the job if the director tells them he wants the original design back.
Nothing to be sick about Johnny.

SiL

He's sick of people saying we need Stan Winston/Legacy.

Scorpio

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Aug 03, 2016, 09:56:18 PM

Winston Studio became Legacy.And I repeat  : ADI can do the job if the director tells them he wants the original design back.

They already did that in Predators (brought back the original design).  And it didn't look as good.

If Anderson didn't like the way they looked on screen, he'd have asked them to be reworked.

I thought that was a budget issue, just reusing the Alien Resurrection moulds except changing the head and colour scheme.  Just like how all the predators in that movie were cast from the same moulds.

Not complaining though as AVP delivered a lot with its budget.

Kaltes

Considering this film has a bigger budget I have a bit more faith the Predator in this will look good.

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 04, 2016, 03:08:35 AM
They already did that in Predators (brought back the original design).  And it didn't look as good.
That was a different company (KNB, not ADI).

If Anderson didn't like the way they looked on screen, he'd have asked them to be reworked.

I thought that was a budget issue, just reusing the Alien Resurrection moulds except changing the head and colour scheme. 
He was talking about the Predators, which were done from scratch and which Anderson could've had slimed up if he wanted.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SiL on Aug 03, 2016, 10:15:26 PM
He's sick of people saying we need Stan Winston/Legacy.

He's a big guy ,he'll get over it  :)

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 04, 2016, 03:08:35 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Aug 03, 2016, 09:56:18 PM

Yes, Nicotero screwed badly, the so called "classic" pred ,it couldn't close its mandibles.
Still cool to have Wang, it gives a little glimpse of hope.

overthere

The classic Predator looked decent in Predators. They just missed the right lighting and moisturizing. If you look at Kevin Peter Hall in the costume behind scenes, it doesn't look as good as in the movie. Lighting and moisture are the key. Hopefully with the biggest budget for a Predator movie so far, they use some of it to make the most believable realistic creature design so far.

Xan21

The 'original' predator in Predators had those fang flaps that didn't stretch so...they just folded when his fangs were in normal position, that really bugged me... I also didn't like how they tried to make him look exactly like the first one. Hope they go with more Original designs like they did with P1 2 and the super predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed