AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray

Started by BAMF Hunter, Dec 17, 2007, 07:15:08 PM

Author
AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray (Read 70,874 times)

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Let us hope that the unrated version comes to bluray, and to Autralia at the same time as the US (unlike the 1st AVP, damn you Fox!)

bobcunk

bobcunk

i hope there is a double disk set that has booth films and lots of extras and that it comes out the same time.

D-101

D-101

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Dec 26, 2007, 10:28:32 AM
So does that mean that it's been comfirmed that there will be a bluray edition?  If so, whohoo!!!!!!!!!!!  Allthough I will be pissed off if only the theatrical version is available in bluray, then I would possibly have to purchase 3 versions!
Everything comes out in HD now.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: D-101 on Dec 27, 2007, 06:24:49 AM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Dec 26, 2007, 10:28:32 AM
So does that mean that it's been comfirmed that there will be a bluray edition?  If so, whohoo!!!!!!!!!!!  Allthough I will be pissed off if only the theatrical version is available in bluray, then I would possibly have to purchase 3 versions!
Everything comes out in HD now.

Fox has delayed TONS of BOOO-Ray titles.. it's almost as if they can't make up their mind if they want to support the format.  :P

Really though, wish it would come out on HD-DVD.. This format war is rediculous..

I'll get the DVD version.   :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Fox only supports Blu-Ray, which is good because HDDVD sucks.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: AdamJZ on Dec 27, 2007, 09:37:42 AM

If you're refering to D-101's post, I think he meant that all movies come out on a high definition format, not hD-DVD.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

I hope the unrated has some dubbed audio in it... I mean the whip, acid face, shuriken, predator sounds don't sound like they should from the trailers and footage we have had >:(

Cellien

Cellien

My guess is you don't know shit about the formats... if you did, you would know that HD-DVD picture quality wins almost every time in a side-by-side comparison with Blu-Ray.  :) 

Fox only chooses Blu-Ray because Sony and Fox struck a deal well before the format war broke out, it has nothing to do with your (incorrect) claim that HD-DVD "sucks".  Go back and play your PS3 now.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Cellien on Dec 28, 2007, 05:44:05 AM

My guess is you don't know shit about the formats... if you did, you would know that HD-DVD picture quality wins almost every time in a side-by-side comparison with Blu-Ray.  :) 

Fox only chooses Blu-Ray because Sony and Fox struck a deal well before the format war broke out, it has nothing to do with your (incorrect) claim that HD-DVD "sucks".  Go back and play your PS3 now.

While I agree that HD-DVD doesn't suck, From what I have read, They are both almost identicle with only two main diffrences, HD has better sound, and Blu ray have a larger storage on most disks (however HD-DVD are working on a larger storage thingy.)

And from the way you got all defensive, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you own an HD-Dvd player?

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Dec 28, 2007, 05:51:51 AM

While I agree that HD-DVD doesn't suck, From what I have read, They are both almost identicle with only two main diffrences, HD has better sound, and Blu ray have a larger storage on most disks (however HD-DVD are working on a larger storage thingy.)

And from the way you got all defensive, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you own an HD-Dvd player?

Yeah, picked one up for $99 (thought that would be clear from my first post in this thread).  That's not why I got defensive ...I got defensive because of the lack of knowledge AdamJZ has.  It's very aggrivating sometimes to read comments where its obvious someone is clearly uninformed.  If he knew anything, he would know that the formats are near identical (as you also said).  They are actually very similar in tech.  So if HD-DVD "sucks", then Blu-Ray would have to.   :-\

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Cellien on Dec 28, 2007, 06:50:35 AM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Dec 28, 2007, 05:51:51 AM

Yeah, picked one up for $99 (thought that would be clear from my first post in this thread).  That's not why I got defensive ...I got defensive because of the lack of knowledge AdamJZ has.  It's very aggrivating sometimes to read comments where its obvious someone is clearly uninformed.  If he knew anything, he would know that the formats are near identical (as you also said).  They are actually very similar in tech.  So if HD-DVD "sucks", then Blu-Ray would have to.   :-\

I know what you mean, I have an xbox 360, and whenever I tell someone I have one, they just say "Xobox's suck, PS3's are way better!"  It makes me so angry, especially since these people usually only own a PS2 or gamecube.  >:(

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

Ninja Star lol its called a Shuriken

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope that the blu ray version will look a lot better because the movie was too damn dark.

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

PS3 owners will be laughing on the other side of there faces as xbox hae just anouence a six figure deal with Fox to release there films and advertising on xbox with the first being thems of AVPR on xbox live. this will hopeful mean all Alien and Predator films being relased on HDDVD which works unlike blueray (just look at Terminator 3 Disc)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: spawn_se7en on Dec 28, 2007, 08:44:45 PM
PS3 owners will be laughing on the other side of there faces as xbox hae just anouence a six figure deal with Fox to release there films and advertising on xbox with the first being thems of AVPR on xbox live. this will hopeful mean all Alien and Predator films being relased on HDDVD which works unlike blueray (just look at Terminator 3 Disc)

The Alien and Predator films will never be released on HDDVD, Fox already has an exclusive deal with Blu-Ray.  the only way you can get hi def Alien and Predator films outside of Blu-Ray, will be from xbox live, and that wont be 1080p.  and the only reason you have problems with your disc is because you probably have a gen1 player.  try to get 1080p picture on a gen1 HDDVD you wont be able to, its a developing technology and there will be problems.  however, Blu-Ray has been ahead in sales 65% since its initial release.  Im not saying this because Im a PS3 fan, I prefer Xbox360, however Blu-Ray is simply the better format, and all the signs are pointing towards it winning, if not staying in the lead of the Hi Definition format war.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed