Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 286,354 times)

RakaiThwei

Considering that Richardson said that they were starting over in the AMA Reddit discussions, that might very well be the case. Of course the writing team may say something else that doesn't corroborate, like always. Truthfully I'd rather a hard reboot and alternate timeline then a shoe-horned retcon into an otherwise already inconsistent timeline.

happypred

happypred

Let's hope they expand on stuff like this

;)

RakaiThwei

Pffffft! We all know they won't! Ha ha ha ha!  :D

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on May 21, 2014, 05:29:32 PM
Let's hope they expand on stuff like this

;)

Where are those from? And what is the second image supposed to show?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 21, 2014, 07:19:55 PM
Where are those from?

The Topps Alien-Predator Universe cards which were around during the 1990s. One of them featured a Predator holding a skull presumably belonging to Dracula.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Wow, I had never seen those before. The female Predator at least looks better than the one in Mindhunter.  :laugh:

Oh yeah, there's Dracula!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 21, 2014, 08:25:32 PM
Oh yeah, there's Dracula!

Yeah, there were a lot of bizarre crossovers with the Topps cards. I even vaguely recall the Mars Attacks vs Aliens card! Infact here it is! I actually thought that these little crossovers by Topps were neat!

On the top of crossovers and comics.. I actually took the time to ask Mike Richardson how come we never got any Star Wars vs Alien-Predator crossovers, or even Marvel crossovers. Here is what he said on both accounts.

QuoteNeither company was interested in seeing their properties combined with the other. It would have been an interesting project since those films have such different tones.

This one is about why we never got any Marvel crossovers.

QuoteQuite honestly they had no interest in working with us. Paul Levitz, who is a friend, felt differently and we actually had an ongoing program with DC.

He gave some pretty interesting answers!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's Mars Attacks card is pretty cool!

The old school elephant Jockey card is cool, too. It doesn't get any more "Old EU" than that.

It's cool that Richardson was candid about that stuff. Such a shame Marvel didn't want to play ball for any crossovers. Aliens or Predators facing symbiotes would have been awesome.

A few days back Scott Allie tweeted a better picture of the titled "Fire and Stone" covers from the retailer summit in Vegas. These look awesome!

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 21, 2014, 09:17:52 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpju13TJ4s1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

this is what the spacejockies should've looked like, the art looks old school sci fi- though I know it's a recent pic, I found the artist.  But its still has that vintage scifi look.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Topazora on May 21, 2014, 11:38:59 PM
this is what the spacejockies should've looked like, the art looks old school sci fi- though I know it's a recent pic, I found the artist.  But its still has that vintage scifi look.

I agree.. This was better than the Space Humans we got with Prometheus.

SM

SM

It's not that much different from the Jockey suits in Prometheus anyway.

Interesting that DH is using the AVP film logo.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

As bad as AVP is as a film franchise, it's logo is rather iconic.

Master

Master

It`s as much franchise logo as other three are.

SM

SM

Yeah but AvP was born out of the comics, while the others weren't.

Think I prefer them just using the Aliens and Predator logos, rather than the AvP film logo.  Never cared for it.  The P always looked a bit dumb.

Master

Master

Well I like it. I like AvP too, to some extent. Better then Prometheus and Predators (not to mention AvP-r) imo. Think that Alien vs Predator uneder AVP logo could have been done with original fonts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed