Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,974 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Again, in the context of the film, the frog DNA didn't affect their behaviour, physical makeup, etc. In reality though, it definitely would.

The only way the DNA affected them was the ability to spontaneously change sexes.

SM

SM

QuoteAgain, in the context of the film, the frog DNA didn't affect their behaviour, physical makeup, etc.

How do we know that without a point of comparison?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well they weren't hopping on two legs, and they weren't generating noise from a large pocket beneath their chin, for starters. And they didn't have fly-catching tongues either.

Airidok

Airidok

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 08, 2010, 02:06:07 AM
Well they weren't hopping on two legs, and they weren't generating noise from a large pocket beneath their chin, for starters. And they didn't have fly-catching tongues either.

Ooh, but how do we know that? Just because we didn't see them do it in the film? :P

SM

SM

QuoteWell they weren't hopping on two legs, and they weren't generating noise from a large pocket beneath their chin, for starters. And they didn't have fly-catching tongues either.

Ah.  Sorry.  Thought this was approximating a serious discussion.  My bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What? I'm going on what I saw in the film. What was your argument then?

Quote from: Airidok on Apr 08, 2010, 02:07:46 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 08, 2010, 02:06:07 AM

Ooh, but how do we know that? Just because we didn't see them do it in the film? :P

Sounds about right.

Puks

Puks

I remember my first viewing of JP when I was a kid and even then I was confused why they'd use frog DNA and not croc's or bird's. Found out later in the movie it was just a plot device to make dinosaurs able to change sexes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2010, 02:05:07 AM
QuoteAgain, in the context of the film, the frog DNA didn't affect their behaviour, physical makeup, etc.

Ok, let's go back to this. What would we be comparing it to?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Complete absence of feathers in Raptors would be a start. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Except that they really did have feathers in reality.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's the frog DNA that affected their phisical makeup.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No it's not.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

How do you know?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Because raptors in reality, really did have feathers. That has nothing to do with frog DNA, that's all about the designers changing the way they present the creature.

Airidok

Airidok

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 08, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 08, 2010, 02:05:07 AM

Ok, let's go back to this. What would we be comparing it to?

That would be my question as well. We can only assume that SM has some secret dinosaur experiments going on in his basement and created several different dinosaurs based on the ones seen in "Jurassic Park" so that he can compare them? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed