Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,537 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Saw it twice over the weekend.

I love this movie, it's so fun. My review is up on my site, I'd really appreciate if you all checked it out.

Definitely glad this movie was as fun as it was. The original is still better, obviously.

So glad it made as much as it did.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I felt like I was 8 years old again while watching this film. I was giddy like a girl.

ace3g

ace3g

From a cg aspect one thing that kept bugging me was the eyes/teeth of the raptors -- just didn't look fully rendered.  All the other dinos looked fine in that aspect.

___

Already got blu ray packaging deals:

Spoiler

#JurassicWorldVerified account
‏@JurassicPark

Non-stop action is around the corner. Bring home the battle & pre-order #JurassicWorld today: http://uni.pictures/W3ndjG 

[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Gonna wait for photos of the finished product this time, hehe.

noname

noname

I heard that the t-rex from JW looked very different from the previous JP movies, could anyone tell me if that is true?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The thing looked stretched when compared to its original incarnation. Especially the snout. Eyes looked puppy-like at times.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 17, 2015, 07:12:57 AM
The thing looked stretched when compared to its original incarnation. Especially the snout. Eyes looked puppy-like at times.

I think it were the eyes, they seemed bigger and more yellow then the previous movie, the skin (slight) difference etc, is believable due to age progress.
Spoiler
[close]

I personally thought it looked good in day light though
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 17, 2015, 01:45:12 AM
From a cg aspect one thing that kept bugging me was the eyes/teeth of the raptors -- just didn't look fully rendered.  All the other dinos looked fine in that aspect.

___

Already got blu ray packaging deals:

Spoiler

#JurassicWorldVerified account
‏@JurassicPark

Non-stop action is around the corner. Bring home the battle & pre-order #JurassicWorld today: http://uni.pictures/W3ndjG 

[close]

LOVE it, must have, although I really hope they change the T-rex's skin color, looks too caramel lol.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah I do like the render but you can see how the snout has different proportions. Some other things are different too. It's not just a sculptural refinement so the differences are more marked between this and JP than they are between JP and TLW. Only that this is supposed to be the same Tyrannosaurus as in the first movie. Most probably the intention was to show its age -- certain animals become slightly different as they get older, certain do not, even in the same species.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 17, 2015, 09:31:15 AM
Yeah I do like the render but you can see how the snout has different proportions. Some other things are different too. It's not just a sculptural refinement so the differences are more marked between this and JP than they are between JP and TLW. Only that this is supposed to be the same Tyrannosaurus as in the first movie. Most probably the intention was to show its age -- certain animals become slightly different as they get older, certain do not, even in the same species.

I felt the snout looked different in certain points of view as well, nontheless it was amazing to see it on screen again and hear it roar!

In daylight it felt believable it was the same rex, it was kinda difficult to see (skinwise) at night scenes, hence why there was more focus on other points like the snout and eyes. 

edit: They released a tv spot in light of the biggest opening of all time (includes major spoilers for those who havent seen it yet:
Spoiler
They shouldn't have added the T rex roar in the 1st half of it though...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/16/jurassic-world-sexism-bryce-dallas-howard/28811873/

QuoteLike so, so many of you, I bought a ticket to see Jurassic World this past week. I went for the dinosaur fights. I went to see America's new favorite movie star, Chris Pratt, in action. I went to recapture that feeling I had when I saw the original as a child.

Unfortunately, I walked out of the theater not with the sense of wonder and amazement Jurassic Park gave my 10-year-old self, but instead with a familiar mix of anger and depression that Hollywood had churned out yet another aggressively sexist blockbuster.

Holy Christ, this has become ludicrous.

Alien³

Alien³

Concerning the Rex I think they did a damn good job. I admit an animatronic would have been welcomed but its not a huge loss.

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thanks for the comparison shot. I still think there's something off, but a good part of it is due to the lighting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 17, 2015, 11:33:14 AM
Concerning the Rex I think they did a damn good job. I admit an animatronic would have been welcomed but its not a huge loss.

Spoiler
[close]

I don't know, the head looks a bit off. It looks like the lower jaw on the JW Rex is a little more robust. The arms look like they were placed differently.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Regardless of how good or bad the CGI was in the new film, I think we can all agree Stan Winston is sorely missed :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed