Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,582 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gate on Jun 13, 2015, 10:49:10 PM
Sequel time.

Money wise you KNOW it's going to happen. But story wise I CAN'T see the setting being in another park environment. I think they are going to chase this "Training Dinosaurs for War" thing. That is how Owen will be involved ... perhaps in a counter program. Dinosaurs for defense against rogue terrorist bred hybrid dinosaurs or something.

And since ...

Spoiler
... Wu is still alive and is now known to have a dark streak ... the stage is set for more hybrid dinosaurs. Each more outlandish than the next.
[close]

Maybe one more trip to Site B ... but then it's Jurassic War.

Quote from: severen76 on Jun 14, 2015, 08:17:13 AM
Did anyone else find some of the deaths in this really dark?
Spoiler
I'm mainly thinking of the nanny and the security guard after I-Rex breaks out of the enclosure
[close]

Yes. Delightfully so.

Spoiler
Both of those were great deaths. I knew the out of shape security guard was doomed when we saw him sitting, defeated, in front of the car. Great little exchange of looks with Pratt. Right before ... chomp.

The Nanny scene was all like "Doh! Snatched up by Pteranodon! Wait! It dropped her! Oh shit! She's falling from really high up! She's going to totally hit the pavement! Whew! Landed in the water! WAIT! That's the Mosasaurus's water! Wait for it ... wait for it ... DOH! Pteranodon's got her again! Oh shit it's actually biting her and lifting her! Brutal! OH SHIT Mosasaurus!! It'll eat the Pteranodon and the Nanny will swim to safety! Nope! She got swallowed too."  :laugh:
[close]

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I'm sick of people saying dumb shit like "It wasn't a Jurassic Park movie" like their opinion matters so much more than anyone else's.

It had awesome action, some brutal dinosaur kills and some damn suspenseful moments.

This is a Jurassic Park movie in every way to me and I don't give a damn what anyone says.

viendammage

viendammage

Any thoughts on what could have been James Cameron's version? Spielberg beat him to the rights and made more of a family film while JC said he would made a nastier version, like Aliens but with dinosaurs. A rumor says Arnold would have been Grant, Bill Paxton as Malcolm then Charlton Heston as Hammond. Would have been interesting to say the least.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 14, 2015, 02:12:58 PMIt had awesome action, some brutal dinosaur kills and some damn suspenseful moments.

I thought the action was pretty forgettable. Most of it felt like worse versions of scenes already done in the earlier films, until it just turned into dinos fighting dinos like an American Godzilla film.

ace3g

ace3g

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice
BOOM! JURASSIC WORLD knocked it out of the park with $204.5M this weekend--2nd best opening of all-time!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm not sure what they will do for a sequel? What I like about JW is that it had the feeling of the Jurassic Park to it and returning back to the park is why I love the movie. The second JP movie still had the feeling of the first movie while the third movie didn't. For a sequel, I would like to see them do more new ideas then rehashing the last movies.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 14, 2015, 02:42:53 PM
Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice
BOOM! JURASSIC WORLD knocked it out of the park with $204.5M this weekend--2nd best opening of all-time!

This shocks me, honestly. I knew anticipation had reached fever pitch, & people were anticipating a $100+ million debut, but for it to double up is absolutely insane. When actuals come in, it could be #1, something I don't think anyone on the face of the planet expected.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Regarding the ending/final fight
Spoiler
I really dislike the ending,fight with raptors was cool, fight with t rex was cool, and when I-rex got her ass kicked, she get up-and i was thinking"now the serious stuff happens" and then the oversized swimming dino gets her-really anty climactic
[close]

Gazz

Darkness

Darkness

Some box office updates: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/450047-jurassic-world-runs-rampant-with-511-8-million-at-the-global-box-office#/slide/1

Estimated $204.6 million domestic opening with $511.8 million globally in just four days.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: viendammage on Jun 14, 2015, 02:19:52 PM
Any thoughts on what could have been James Cameron's version? Spielberg beat him to the rights and made more of a family film while JC said he would made a nastier version, like Aliens but with dinosaurs.

Well several rival studios were bidding for the rights, each with their associated prestige director attached; James Cameron was 20th Century Fox's, I think Tim Burton was another candidate.

Cameron's said his version would have been darker and nastier, so I would imagine it'd be closer in feel to the book (which also is darker and pretty damn grisly).
I think Crichton and Cameron would have made a very interesting pairing, they're both extraordinarily technically-minded and combine creativity with heavy research, and seem to have similar sensibilities. Always thought it's a huge shame they never had the opportunity to work together.

That said, as much as I love the book, and would have liked to have seen that version, it's hard to imagine anyone doing a better job than Spielberg's film. Maybe we'd have been better off with a Lost World developed by Cameron, but I wouldn't wish away the Jurassic Park we got.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 14, 2015, 02:12:58 PM
I'm sick of people saying dumb shit like "It wasn't a Jurassic Park movie" like their opinion matters so much more than anyone else's.

It had awesome action, some brutal dinosaur kills and some damn suspenseful moments.

This is a Jurassic Park movie in every way to me and I don't give a damn what anyone says.

those are harsh words mate. i watched it again today, i say the first 40-50 minutes are chilling and awesome, and after the I-Rex escape what happens with the ACU and all the weaponize stuff, civil person
Spoiler
Masrani the boss, sure
[close]
going to the battle smiling like a badass C movie character, uninstresting side characters,
Spoiler
T-rex  waiting in the door of his gigantic padock all day to come out to fight(?), talking dinos, throwing every dino in one scene for the final, also the Mosasaur is happened to be in the exact same spot where the dino fight is, and yeah he is eating for the 4th time on that day
[close]
...its just ridicilous, like the writers, producer, director only had 10 minutes to come up with a story and they were all drunk while writing it down. altough in the first 50 minutes there are also weird shit going on, already the weaponizing of dinos, plus the older kid. is he gay or is he just a duchebag or i dunno what was that girl starings all about, also  in the beginning her girlfriend say "i love you" and he says just "bye". it was weird man, why would you put this in your movie at all if you never exploit it?

still cant rate i above 5/10 personally, i rather watch Lost World and JP3 as sequels with all the dumb and unintresting characters in them than this madness

btw keep up doing your gameplay vids :)

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Just got back from seeing it, I want to say it is just as fantastic as the first three movies if not for
Spoiler
FRIGGIN MOSASAURUS CUTTING INTO THE FINAL BATTLE AND EATING INDOMINUS REX ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!? Now that I think of it how the hell did they get DNA for an aquatic reptile? Pretty sure you're not going to find mosquitoes trapped in amber at the bottom of the ocean. Plus, didn't this creature already three previous times that same day? Is it a diabetic?
[close]
I did reduce X-Men Origins a point for simply screwing up Deadpool, I am half tempted to do the same thing here.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

There's a new king in town.

"Jurassic World" opened to a staggering $511.8 million worldwide, the highest global bow of all time. It marks the first time a film has ever grossed more than $500 million in a single weekend.

The dinosaur thriller is the top-ranking film from sea to shining sea, after opening in first place in North America and across all 66 international territories where it debuted.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jurassic-world-global-box-office-record-1201519430/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed