Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,879 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 13, 2015, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 13, 2015, 06:36:13 PM
The movie is a true summer blockbuster. That's how it's going to possibly pull in $200 million this weekend. :)
What if they do Fast and Furious + Jurassic Park = Cadilacs & Dinosaurs

Both are franchises owned by Universal... Just saying ;)

LOL. I'd love to see a cartoon of it again, anyway.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Just got back from seeing it. What a ride. I had a good time had the major awesome feels like being a kid again. My anticipation was outta control when
Spoiler
the t Rex makes her appearance during the finale
[close]
I didn't know what to do - cry, cheer, I coulda stood up and thrown punches it was hell to keep it bottled up.

9/10 for me

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 13, 2015, 07:08:52 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 13, 2015, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2015, 05:46:13 PM
Hubbs always comes into major popular movie threads and finds ways to downplay them like he did with Mad Max 4, Avengers 2, Godzilla 2014 and a few others in the past from what I can remember. Good marketing, good word of mouth and the first JW movie in almost 15 years is the reason why the movie is going to have a major box office opening weekend.

I'm serious, even Jeremy Jahns wasn't overly impressed and that's saying something.

Majority of the reviews say otherwise. I like Jahns, usually, but sometimes he's way off the mark. JW is defs a blu ray buy.

Agreed. I mostly like Jahns, but his review of JW was shit.

Immortan Jonesy

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

My second favorite Jurassic Park film. This plays very much like another Crichton story, WESTWORLD and that's exactly what I was hoping for. A futuristic, fully functioning park where things go off rails and innocent people killed in the process.

The I-Rex felt VERY dangerous. It couldn't manage to chase down a couple kids, but other than that it was quite impressive and a great 'villain.'

Owen was indeed a badass. It's like they boiled down the best elements of Grant, Malcolm, and Muldoon and fused them into Indiana Jones for good measure. Some of his lines were horrible but Pratt has a way of making cheesy lines work, even iconic. Reminds me of Bruce Campbell in that way. His relationship with the Raptors was well handled.

Claire wasn't much of a character but wow did BDH looked great. Great eyes. Great emotion. Her wardrobe slowly deteriorating over the course of the film reflected the deterioration of her bureaucratic, professional front. (She didn't loose her heels though and damned if it didn't slow her down one bit!) Props to Trevorrow for knowing how to capture that light reflecting off her sweaty skin. Nice touch to an already entertaining film. ;)

I surprisingly really dug the Lowery character. He symbolizes all the grown ups in the audience who loved Jurassic Park back in early 90s. That moment he had at the end when his co-worker Vivian was evacuating the control room.  :laugh:

Overall I'm very pleased with the film. More entertaining than Age of Ultron. Pound for pound better than last summers Godzilla, but not quite enough to dethrone Pacific Rim as the most recent out-of-nowhere summer round house kick to the face.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jun 13, 2015, 02:53:13 AM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 12, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
Indominus Rex was like a Carcharodontosaurid with extra long arms...

but exactly what are the similarities with Rex? was the strength of her jaws? or the power of the roar?

No, it was the role it played in the plot of the movie. Big dinosaur breaks out, wreaks havoc. T Rex has already done that.

The new features are either superficial in comparison to the T rex or were only featured once and discarded rendering them relatively pointless.

Spoiler
example, the camouflage. It's shown once, then never seen again. When it is used. It's not used to great effect on screen. It just appears, and attacks. T Rex did that in JP when it burst through the bushes and chased the Jeep. The I Rex's camouflage is never seen again
[close]

I'm a Dinosaur fan, I just was curious about the T.Rex features present in I.Rex (because it is a hybrid, which reflects different features and characteristics of dinosaurs and other animals). But yaeh. The animal plays a similar role as antagonist.

BTW!
Spoiler

An animatronic T. rex would have been the ideal, to make it look more real, and less cartoonish and fake.
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2015, 06:26:25 AM
Too bad the Pteranodons from the ending of Jurassic Park III where never mention ever again. We never knew what happen after wards.

One of the viral sites for JW actually tied into that. It mentions that Hoskins got the security job at the park because his team was responsible for wiping them out.

You don't need to thank me. ;D

Glad you enjoyed it DOOM!

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Just got back. Tons of fun, clearly loves dinosaurs, made me care about raptors, knows how awesome the T-rex is. What's not to like?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2015, 06:26:25 AM
Too bad the Pteranodons from the ending of Jurassic Park III where never mention ever again. We never knew what happen after wards.

One of the viral sites for JW actually tied into that. It mentions that Hoskins got the security job at the park because his team was responsible for wiping them out.

That's cool. I guess the events of Lost World: JW and JP3 still happen, but the film just ignores it. It's like how Predator 2 is to Predators.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2015, 09:16:46 PM
That's cool. I guess the events of Lost World: JW and JP3 still happen, but the film just ignores it.

The subtle links to the other sequels are there. Malcolm's book (which is mentioned in 3), Lost World theme playing during climax, and the parasaurolophus looking/sounding like they do from TLW.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 13, 2015, 09:02:28 PM
Glad you enjoyed it DOOM!

I knew I would. I wasn't sure how much though. I wonder where the sequel will go. Think it'll be centred on bringing Wu in?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wish the T-Rex running on the lose in  San Diego was reference since JP3 and JW act like that it never happened.

ace3g

ace3g

Did they make any  ;) jokes to this in JW?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ever wondered what a crossover between Doctor Who and Jurassic Park would look like? Something like this I'd imagine.
http://instagram.com/p/34vPkHlEgz/

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2015, 10:15:20 PM
I wish the T-Rex running on the lose in  San Diego was reference since JP3 and JW act like that it never happened.

It's mentioned explicitly by Alan Grant in his speech during the Q&A: "Or the incident in San Diego, which I did not witness."

Gate

Gate

http://time.com/3920390/chris-pratt-jurassic-world-sequel/

Sequel time. Maybe they'll finally go with the god damn virus plot from the books.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed