Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,698 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You have an awesome voice.

Aaaaand Godzilla in the background.

Alien³

Alien³

Ooooo yeah!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

That figure of Godzilla in the background...

Where do I get one of those...

Alien³

Alien³

It's a puppet not a figure ;)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Does not change the amount of want.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's the 1998 one, to boot.

C-c-c-combo breaker.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2013, 06:36:39 PM
Not to risk sounding stupid, but that's just fan created, right? There's no official promo material yet?

Fan made.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Requiem28 on Mar 21, 2013, 06:31:06 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 21, 2013, 05:44:42 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Mar 21, 2013, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 21, 2013, 01:53:10 PM
Requiem, where'd you get that awesome JP4 logo?

Internet.

Do you have a larger image?

I just took it from this and played around with Paint after words...

Awesome! Thanks man!

Quote from: Requiem28 on Mar 21, 2013, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2013, 06:36:39 PM
Not to risk sounding stupid, but that's just fan created, right? There's no official promo material yet?

Fan made.
And yet it will probably look a lot better than the actual marketing material soon to be released.  ;)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 21, 2013, 06:20:57 PMBaby theropods are said to have had downy feathers covering their body to maintain body heat at a young age. Larger theropods like T.Rex probably didn't have feathers but I don't know of any study that said otherwise. I think right now at least, the consensus is that the only theropods that for sure had feathers in their entire life time were dromaeosaurids.

As for ceratopsians, this will blow you away if you didn't already know it. Check out #1 on the list. Yeah.

That's actually a really good article. Nothing on there I'd argue with or get pedantic about (which may be a first), and has several things I didn't know, too. Cheers!

Dromaeosaurids, like Tyrannosaurids, are assumed to be feathered as long as they're not so large as to overheat from it, which as I've said earlier may have been a concern with the largest deinonychosaurids (meaning a JP-sized animal may indeed have been bald). Climate's also an issue though - in modern animals there's great disparity in the insulation between mammoths and elephants, and bengal and siberian tigers, and this was also the case with Yutyrannus, a fluffy mid-size tyrannosaurid which apparently inhabited a cooler region. Rexy, as I said earlier, had unadorned scaly skin in the impressions we've discovered, but I'd assume infants for all these genera would be insulated as they wouldn't have the bulk required to internally retain heat. Otherwise they'd need round-the-clock care (as in penguins) or live in an extremely hot, stable climate.

Actually, now I come to think of it, that does render one JP animal almost certainly inaccurate in terms of feathers - the baby rex. Personally I think Gallimimus would have been partially feathered, but it's large enough to be debatable.
Compsognathus' scaly skin actually surprised me, as I'd assume every coelurosaur group to have some form of feathery insulation if size and climate permitted, but according to Wikipedia there's a possibility it may have had an uneven distribution of protofeathers.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The baby rex had feathers in the book, IIRC.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 22, 2013, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 21, 2013, 06:20:57 PMBaby theropods are said to have had downy feathers covering their body to maintain body heat at a young age. Larger theropods like T.Rex probably didn't have feathers but I don't know of any study that said otherwise. I think right now at least, the consensus is that the only theropods that for sure had feathers in their entire life time were dromaeosaurids.

As for ceratopsians, this will blow you away if you didn't already know it. Check out #1 on the list. Yeah.

That's actually a really good article. Nothing on there I'd argue with or get pedantic about (which may be a first), and has several things I didn't know, too. Cheers!

Dromaeosaurids, like Tyrannosaurids, are assumed to be feathered as long as they're not so large as to overheat from it, which as I've said earlier may have been a concern with the largest deinonychosaurids (meaning a JP-sized animal may indeed have been bald). Climate's also an issue though - in modern animals there's great disparity in the insulation between mammoths and elephants, and bengal and siberian tigers, and this was also the case with Yutyrannus, a fluffy mid-size tyrannosaurid which apparently inhabited a cooler region. Rexy, as I said earlier, had unadorned scaly skin in the impressions we've discovered, but I'd assume infants for all these genera would be insulated as they wouldn't have the bulk required to internally retain heat. Otherwise they'd need round-the-clock care (as in penguins) or live in an extremely hot, stable climate.

Actually, now I come to think of it, that does render one JP animal almost certainly inaccurate in terms of feathers - the baby rex. Personally I think Gallimimus would have been partially feathered, but it's large enough to be debatable.
Compsognathus' scaly skin actually surprised me, as I'd assume every coelurosaur group to have some form of feathery insulation if size and climate permitted, but according to Wikipedia there's a possibility it may have had an uneven distribution of protofeathers.

If coelurosaurids were in fact feathered, I am absolutely positive tyrannosaurids were given the familial relations.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 22, 2013, 02:50:17 AMIf coelurosaurids were in fact feathered, I am absolutely positive tyrannosaurids were given the familial relations.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  :D

Kiramid, I'm talking about the film. It's in reference to the director's tweet that there won't be feathers in JP4.

Alien³

Alien³

All the TV spots are getting me so pumped for JP3D!

blood.

blood.

They better not go changing around any sound or visual effects for the re-release, like how they changed Anakin's force spirit image or whatever at the end of episode 6 from what he would look like as Anakin at the time of his death to the image of Anakin right before he turned into Darth Vader, or how they changed the gun sound effects in The Terminator when they "digitally remastered" it.

As for JP4, I would love to see it back on the original island as Alien3 recommends in his video, they return to find it completely overrun with dinosaurs, familiar buildings, fences and landmarks badly weathered etc... But I'd like to see a scene where there's an underwater exhibit that's been completely exposed to the elements, run down and flooded. In the underwater exhibit and the surrounding water (perhaps it's in a massive artificial lake?) are these things:

When I was a kid I used to have recurring dreams about sea monsters. To this day the moments in video games and movies that get me the most amped up are moments involving sea monsters. I love watching movies like Jaws etc, they freak me out the most ;D I'd love to see an underwater scene in a Jurassic Park movie.

About the creatures themselves, we don't even know that much about them do we? What if they were ambush type hunters like crocodiles that live on the sea floor and wait for unsuspecting prey to swim over the top of them...

Naissus

Naissus

As far as making JPIV on Isla Nubar, in the movieverse did the Costa Rican military destroy it?  I know in the books it was destroyed.  If that is the case it is quite easy to retcon it with a simple cover up. 

Also, as far as feather are concerned.  Perhaps dinosaurs had feathers during a season of cooling and shed them during the warmer seasons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed