Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,830 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Here's a rough idea for a JPIV teaser I've made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS2CScrzKvI#

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

First production still for JP4!!!

Spoiler

Sorry guys... I couldn't resist.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Spoiler
I...f**king...HATE YOU.
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 16, 2013, 07:44:08 AM
First production still for JP4!!!

Spoiler

Sorry guys... I couldn't resist.
[close]

Freaking genius.

Whoever they get to do JP4, I hope they find one of the handful of directors left on the planet who can do suspense - on top of everything else, it needs to be scary. JP3 had a couple of reasonable buildup sequences (mainly the intro of the pterosaurs, hilariously awful though the design of the creatures turned out to be), but not strong enough in my opinion. May not be a popular choice, but after Signs and The Village, personally I'd like to see Shyamalan take a crack (so long as he's not writing).
Then again, maybe I wouldn't be saying that if I'd seen his last three films...

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 16, 2013, 10:08:29 AM
Whoever they get to do JP4, I hope they find one of the handful of directors left on the planet who can do suspense - on top of everything else, it needs to be scary. JP3 had a couple of reasonable buildup sequences (mainly the intro of the pterosaurs, hilariously awful though the design of the creatures turned out to be), but not strong enough in my opinion. May not be a popular choice, but after Signs and The Village, personally I'd like to see Shyamalan take a crack (so long as he's not writing).
Then again, maybe I wouldn't be saying that if I'd seen his last three films...

Apart from finding a director who understands that JP4 needs to be suspenseful, I disagree on everything you posed. M Night Shyamalan to direct JP4? That would be an awful choice.

How is this design "hilariously awful?"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Likely he means they're paleontologically inaccurate. For one, they have teeth whereas the real Pteranodon had none, these Pteros have a look of demonic possession on their face, and the shape of the head crest is a bit off.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 17, 2013, 08:23:25 AM
Likely he means they're paleontologically inaccurate. For one, they have teeth whereas the real Pteranodon had none, these Pteros have a look of demonic possession on their face, and the shape of the head crest is a bit off.

Yup, all of that, particularly the "demonic look" which is just silly whether you're looking for paleontological accuracy (which is occasionally lacking even in the first film) or not. TLW's Pteranodons were beautiful, I don't know why they didn't just expand on them.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Demonic look? Really?

I agree with the teeth though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Look at their eyes. They look evil.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 17, 2013, 09:57:57 AM
Look at their eyes. They look evil.

Many animals look evil. What's the big deal?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Animals such as...

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

These are just an example:

My point is that the whole "evil-looking" deal is subjective and something imposed by men. Animals look however they're meant to look. Of course they tried to make the pteranodons a bit scary, but it doesn't stick out when you look at the fellas I posted above, which aren't animatronics for a movie.

Gate

Gate

AND THE RAPTORS DON'T LOOK DEMONIC?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Gate on Jan 17, 2013, 12:35:33 PM
AND THE RAPTORS DON'T LOOK DEMONIC?

Nope, they look like raptors. Maybe not Velociraptor specifically, but comfortably dromaeosauridy.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Non-demonic design:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed