Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,698 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Turok Evolution is a question mark of a game and of a production in general. There has GOT to be some history behind that game's troubled presentation; there are seeds of a coherent story, but then story events that are referenced that never even happened; major narrative objects without prior set up... yet when anything to do with story is presented, it's done in a way that implies an overarcing story. It's literally so mind boggling that it requires an essay to touch on completely. On top of that, the gameplay was fun, the weapons were inventive, and the musical score... I mean, what the hell? It was one of the best produced musical scores I've heard in a game, yet it seems like it was created for the game that never came to be.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2012, 01:43:52 PM
It was OK. My only real problem with it was the super-unbalanced enemy AI.

I found it dull and forgettable. It sucks that Nintendo owns the IP to the original games now which means no XBLA and PSN re-releases of the N64 games. I remember the rumors of Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens) playing Turok in a movie a few years back.

Since we got both a Godzilla movie and a Dinosaur Pixar movie in 2014 then maybe JP4 can move a bit faster after 2014.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2012, 02:18:52 PM
Turok and Turok 2 are the only original game worthy of merit though. The follow-ups weren't that good.

Gotta agree with this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 19, 2012, 03:36:53 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2012, 01:43:52 PM
It was OK. My only real problem with it was the super-unbalanced enemy AI.

I found it dull and forgettable. It sucks that Nintendo owns the IP to the original games now which means no XBLA and PSN re-releases of the N64 games. I remember the rumors of Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens) playing Turok in a movie a few years back.

Since we got both a Godzilla movie and a Dinosaur Pixar movie in 2014 then maybe JP4 can move a bit faster after 2014.

Fair enough. I did like the setting and the voice acting was quite good. When the game was working, it was a lot of fun. The knife kills were awesome and the dinosaurs themselves looked really cool.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2012, 06:42:10 PM
Fair enough. I did like the setting and the voice acting was quite good. When the game was working, it was a lot of fun. The knife kills were awesome and the dinosaurs themselves looked really cool.

I know a lot of people who love the new Turok.  None would probably say it stands up to the originals, relative to when they were released, but it's definitely a cult hit.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 19, 2012, 03:27:05 PM
Turok Evolution is a question mark of a game and of a production in general. There has GOT to be some history behind that game's troubled presentation; there are seeds of a coherent story, but then story events that are referenced that never even happened; major narrative objects without prior set up... yet when anything to do with story is presented, it's done in a way that implies an overarcing story. It's literally so mind boggling that it requires an essay to touch on completely. On top of that, the gameplay was fun, the weapons were inventive, and the musical score... I mean, what the hell? It was one of the best produced musical scores I've heard in a game, yet it seems like it was created for the game that never came to be.

It was the only Turok I ever played. The only part of it I really 'loved' besides the guns and music was the war portion of it. Fighting street by street, in the sewers against the lizard menace, escaping a crumbling city, riding a terror bird thing against the lizard war machine, saving a city and messing up that beach landing near the end then finally taking on that final boss.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 19, 2012, 03:27:05 PM

Agreed. Even the original trailers pointed at a much bigger and epic game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAstaY38N_U#

predxeno

predxeno

Did anyone see the animated Turok movie?  I always meant to get to it, but I never saw it (I guess somewhere inside, I thought the animation sucked).

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2012, 10:35:05 AM
She hasn't developed well.

:D
Then she could do a supporting role.

The lady below could be the main character:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Who is she?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I love Winston Studios' garbage bag tests. Same thing they did with the Alien Queen.

Requiem28

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I knew she went into art, but I had no clue she was coming back into acting!

Would be great for her to return in a Tremors 5 (wink wink, nudge nudge).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I just bought the JP Series II Utahraptor from eBay. Loose figure, but complete with all accessories. Pics when it arrives!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed