Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,337,741 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 23, 2012, 10:47:44 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 22, 2012, 04:22:52 AM
I would personally want something about Biosyn. The rival company of InGen. The company Dodgson was from.
Howsabout this for an idea:

post 'The Lost World' (1997), Ingen folds completely. All their stuff is up for auction and Biosyn gets all of it. All their research data, all their equipment... and Isla Nublar.
They scout the island, and come to the conclusion that the only reason the park failed the first time was because of human error - if Nedry hadn't been a dumbass, the park would have been fine. So they get a crazy idea: rebuild the park, open it to the public.

Fast-forward to 2013, and the park is open and has been for about a year, and it's a huge success. People love it, Biosyn is raking in money hand-over-fist, but they're also doing some not-so-ethical stuff on the side. Chemical testing on dinosaurs, etc. Want to hunt a stegosaurus? Pony up the $2million and you can do it. Technically they can get away with it because the animals are constructs and legal property of Biosyn, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.
So an animal rights group tries to subtly sabotage the park. Nothing huge, just make the park such a hassle to run that it's not profitable anymore and gets shut down.

Their plans get out of hand (chaos theory in action) and all hell breaks loose. But now instead of dinosaurs loose on an island with 8 people or so, you've got hundreds. Tourists, staff, etc.

It would have a lot of elements that made the original so popular, plus a lot of new stuff people have never seen (a fully-functioning Jurassic Park, for example). The tone would be similar to the first movie, but also different because the danger is on a much bigger scale - tons of people trapped on the island and panicking, rather than just a handful. Crowd control would be much more difficult - when you've got hundreds of people rioting, they're almost as much of a danger to themselves as the dinos on the loose would be.

Pretty interesting concept, however, I couldn't get AVP-R out of my head when I was reading that.  I think human interaction with dinos on a large scale may degrade the quality of the film some how.  Unless they handle it like they did with The Lost World

I don't know.  I like the idea, but then I don't like it.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 24, 2012, 02:23:00 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 22, 2012, 04:22:52 AM
I would personally want something about Biosyn. The rival company of InGen. The company Dodgson was from.

post 'The Lost World' (1997), Ingen folds completely. All their stuff is up for auction and Biosyn gets all of it. All their research data, all their equipment... and Isla Nublar.
They scout the island, and come to the conclusion that the only reason the park failed the first time was because of human error - if Nedry hadn't been a dumbass, the park would have been fine. So they get a crazy idea: rebuild the park, open it to the public.

Fast-forward to 2013, and the park is open and has been for about a year, and it's a huge success. People love it, Biosyn is raking in money hand-over-fist, but they're also doing some not-so-ethical stuff on the side. Chemical testing on dinosaurs, etc. Want to hunt a stegosaurus? Pony up the $2million and you can do it. Technically they can get away with it because the animals are constructs and legal property of Biosyn, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.
So an animal rights group tries to subtly sabotage the park. Nothing huge, just make the park such a hassle to run that it's not profitable anymore and gets shut down.

Their plans get out of hand (chaos theory in action) and all hell breaks loose. But now instead of dinosaurs loose on an island with 8 people or so, you've got hundreds. Tourists, staff, etc.

It would have a lot of elements that made the original so popular, plus a lot of new stuff people have never seen (a fully-functioning Jurassic Park, for example). The tone would be similar to the first movie, but also different because the danger is on a much bigger scale - tons of people trapped on the island and panicking, rather than just a handful. Crowd control would be much more difficult - when you've got hundreds of people rioting, they're almost as much of a danger to themselves as the dinos on the loose would be.

Pretty interesting concept, however, I couldn't get AVP-R out of my head when I was reading that.  I think human interaction with dinos on a large scale may degrade the quality of the film some how.  Unless they handle it like they did with The Lost World

imagine a JP videogame w/dead island engine but DINOSAURS instead of zombies and xenomrph's story combined = superb game!  8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Honestly - no word of a lie - a total reboot based 100% on the book wouldn't upset me. I would definitely pay for that.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 24, 2012, 02:23:00 AM

Well I'm not saying have a body count just to have a body count, just that having a huge crowd of people would increase that risk factor, and also the mob mentality of the survivors would force the characters to make different choices, perhaps choose sides. What happens when the mob learns that they're trapped on the island due to sabotage? How quickly would it turn into a lynching party?
Think of it less like AvPR and more like 'The Mist' on a larger scale.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I like your idea. Let's bring in some dinosaurs too while we're at it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

what do you mean?

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Gate on Feb 23, 2012, 09:12:53 PM
I'd also like to point out that you said Isla Sorna is destroyed. It's isla Nublar, the Jurassic Park site, that was napalmed. Not Site B
I meant for the possible JP4 concepts. There were people who were discussing the idea of them going back to the island to destroy it, and my post was in response to that ;)

I don't mind the idea about BioSyn taking control of InGen...but another park? It's been attempted twice. No way in hell are they ever going to try to rebuild Jurassic Park as a theme park. Perhaps something more natural preserve like, and much more heavily restricted. Possibly on open for scientists to study. The idea of rebuilding the park is too unrealistic, in my opinion.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: evolution_rex on Feb 24, 2012, 06:04:35 AM
Quote from: Gate on Feb 23, 2012, 09:12:53 PM
I'd also like to point out that you said Isla Sorna is destroyed. It's isla Nublar, the Jurassic Park site, that was napalmed. Not Site B
I meant for the possible JP4 concepts. There were people who were discussing the idea of them going back to the island to destroy it, and my post was in response to that ;)

I don't mind the idea about BioSyn taking control of InGen...but another park? It's been attempted twice. No way in hell are they ever going to try to rebuild Jurassic Park as a theme park. Perhaps something more natural preserve like, and much more heavily restricted. Possibly on open for scientists to study. The idea of rebuilding the park is too unrealistic, in my opinion.

a dinosaur preserve, for studies? by biosyn?  ???
excuse me, but for a profit-oriented company it's senseless to make a risk operation, finding those embryos only to make it into a preserve. makes no sense to me.
and as he said. we've never saw the park "in action".

xenomrphs idea is the best i read so far (except for my own prequel thoughts). and if it wouldn't make it in any JP movie, i wouldn't mind to see this structure-idea being recycled in a video game.  :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The thing is, both times it was attempted it didn't work because of human error. The first time was because Nedry was an idiot, the second time was because Sarah Harding and co. sabotaged the crap out of the Ingen camp and set all the dinosaurs loose. There isn't actually anything inherently flawed with a dinosaur theme park, things get dangerous when people mess up.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 24, 2012, 04:57:38 AM
what do you mean?

Just that. I would like new dinosaurs seen on-screen like I've been saying for the past four years just to mix things up a little and I would also like to see more Dilophosaurus action.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2012, 01:21:33 PM
I would also like to see more Dilophosaurus action.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

what do you mean?

Just that. I would like new dinosaurs seen on-screen like I've been saying for the past four years just to mix things up a little and I would also like to see more Dilophosaurus action.
Oh, well yeah. I'd love to see the chameleon Carnotaurus from The Lost World book make an appearance at the very least.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 24, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
what do you mean?

Oh, well yeah. I'd love to see the chameleon Carnotaurus from The Lost World book make an appearance at the very least.

Hows' about an archaeopteryx?

Jurassic Park 4: Evolution Restarts

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 24, 2012, 11:55:00 AM
The thing is, both times it was attempted it didn't work because of human error. The first time was because Nedry was an idiot, the second time was because Sarah Harding and co. sabotaged the crap out of the Ingen camp and set all the dinosaurs loose. There isn't actually anything inherently flawed with a dinosaur theme park, things get dangerous when people mess up.
It doesn't matter, really. The public won't want another park, no way in hell would any one invest into it, and the government might not even allow it. There just isn't a good enough reason to rebuild the park.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 24, 2012, 11:55:00 AM

Yes there is. There are plenty of things wrong with it. Ian Malcom spends a whole chapter outlining those problems in the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed