Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,332,443 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: reecebomb on Jun 16, 2022, 07:01:50 AMHmmn, first Jurassic movie I'm going to skip in cinema, f*ck this movie.
good spend that money on a Yu-gi-oh booster pack instead I assure you it's a better investment

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2022, 01:15:04 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 16, 2022, 11:23:03 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 14, 2022, 11:01:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/io9/status/1536384539940950017
Only need one. Why?

Didn't the movie leave you with questions?

Yes, but the main one was why? Why did they make this movie? Why didn't they make a better movie? Why did they waste the talent of the actors? Just why?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This fell below my already rock bottom expectations. Like f**k, how do you make a JP movie that's barely even about dinosaurs?

Oh and Dimetrodons aren't f**king dinosaurs, Colin!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My Dino loving friend enjoyed it, not seen it myself or the last one.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2022, 07:55:11 PMThis fell below my already rock bottom expectations. Like f**k, how do you make a JP movie that's barely even about dinosaurs?

Oh and Dimetrodons aren't f**king dinosaurs, Colin!

Dimetrodon is even a mammal-like reptile or something  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oh, and Colin? You do know that the Therizinosaurus was a herbivore, right? Or did you just get your info from Dino Crisis?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2022, 08:04:06 PMOh, and Colin? You do know that the Therizinosaurus was a herbivore, right? Or did you just get your info from Dino Crisis?

Perhaps it was just having a cheat day?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2022, 08:04:06 PMOh, and Colin? You do know that the Therizinosaurus was a herbivore, right? Or did you just get your info from Dino Crisis?
It ate vegetation in the movie.

nanison

nanison

Such nitpicking   :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 17, 2022, 11:54:48 PM

It is speculated that Therizinosaurus used its claws, among other things, as self-defense against other theropods, such as tyrannosaurids, with which it shared its environment. But these sequences really seem taken from Dino Crisis 2 lol

;D

That being said, I am in the minority who found the plot of genetics interesting beyond the dinosaur cloning theme. There may be potential interesting spin-offs with the right direction, I think. Most probably not though.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 18, 2022, 12:24:38 AMBut these sequences really seem taken from Dino Crisis 2 lol

;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9I-X_5JtiY
That being said, I am in the minority who found the plot of genetics interesting beyond the dinosaur cloning theme. There may be potential interesting spin-offs with the right direction, I think. Most probably not though.

The bit where the Giga smashes the glass and leans in reminded me a LOT of the sequence in DC1 with the T rex.

I also see where you're coming from with the genetic angle, and I thought there was a fair amount in the movie which reminded me of other Michael Crichton works. The problem was that I felt it came at the detriment of the dinosaurs and the story itself.

A movie about genetic manipulation and corporate espionage using genetically modified locusts sounds great. An eco-thriller with taut pacing in the style of Capricorn One would be great. When it's ham-fistedly kludged into a movie about dinosaurs, to the detriment of the movie about dinosaurs, I have issues. I just think the entire plot of Dominion should have been rewritten.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Here are my thoughts on Dominion...

https://youtu.be/9A-SwuY6BT0

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2022, 07:55:11 PMOh and Dimetrodons aren't f**king dinosaurs, Colin!

Neither are Dimorphodon, Lystrosaurus, Mosasaurus, Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus, so no big deal.

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 17, 2022, 11:54:48 PM

It whacked the deer out of the way to get to some berries (?) I think. So it wasn't exactly hunting Claire, just curious/territorial, but it could've whacked her too if it wanted.

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 18, 2022, 01:13:05 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 18, 2022, 12:24:38 AMThat being said, I am in the minority who found the plot of genetics interesting beyond the dinosaur cloning theme. There may be potential interesting spin-offs with the right direction, I think. Most probably not though.

I also see where you're coming from with the genetic angle, and I thought there was a fair amount in the movie which reminded me of other Michael Crichton works. The problem was that I felt it came at the detriment of the dinosaurs and the story itself.

A movie about genetic manipulation and corporate espionage using genetically modified locusts sounds great. An eco-thriller with taut pacing in the style of Capricorn One would be great. When it's ham-fistedly kludged into a movie about dinosaurs, to the detriment of the movie about dinosaurs, I have issues. I just think the entire plot of Dominion should have been rewritten.

The locusts are one thing but I like that they followed through on the Maisie story.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2022, 07:55:11 PMOh and Dimetrodons aren't f**king dinosaurs, Colin!
you do know we've had non-dinosaurs in the series since the beginning right

just do some research on large herbivores doubt you'd like to find yourself before a moose, an elephant, or a rhino

the herbivore = fodder or herbivore = gentle giant that does jackshit is a dudebro thing because people like to see them that way, since they need to be torn apart by "T-rex"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed