Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,332,486 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I heard pretty much everywhere this was terrible... With Trevorrow at the helm I won't be surprised if it is.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ok so the new jurassic world is like a pearl necklace structure wherein you have the cool beads by which I mean the absolutely sophomoric dinosaur toybox action scenes interconnected by script tissue that absolutely utterly sucks

and by god this had all the cards to elevate itself compared to the other two from concepts to visuals and instead it ends in jurassic avengers 2

which is a more literal joke than you think since this thing much like its accursed predecessors is the stylistical child of the phase I-II marvel movies that define the modern blockbuster to the point they even crawled into god damned star wars go figure

Ps at least the animals didn't look like cartoon lassies and were excellently animated
Thank you for coming to my ted danson talk

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 13, 2022, 07:28:27 PMPs at least the animals didn't look like cartoon lassies and were excellently animated
Thank you for coming to my ted danson talk

You mean like this? I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just wondering ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2022, 07:49:23 PMYou mean like this? I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just wondering ;D

https://i.ibb.co/HnJ11zj/prehistoric-planet-photo-010302.jpg
not sure what you mean mate do you think this looks cartoony or do you think this is how the JW dinos should look?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 13, 2022, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2022, 07:49:23 PMYou mean like this? I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just wondering ;D

https://i.ibb.co/HnJ11zj/prehistoric-planet-photo-010302.jpg
not sure what you mean mate do you think this looks cartoony or do you think this is how the JW dinos should look?

The first of both, although I'm not saying it's cartoonish, as it reminds me of a borzoi for some reason.

Regardless, it doesn't bother me that the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park aren't up to date with how science theorizes what these animals looked like.

I was also curious what cartoon lassies ones look like  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2022, 07:57:30 PMI was also curious what cartoon lassies ones look like  ;D
that's entirely a comment on character animation as opposed to character design

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Ever wanted a Jurassic Park movie that focused on an evil corporation using locusts to wipe out the world's food supply? Yeah, me neither.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good lord what an absolute waste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I had a good time with Dominion. The plot was silly and the moment-to-moment narrative stuff was bad but the action sequences were super cool and it was worth watching for that alone. The whole bit in Malta was nuts from beginning to end and I loved it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 13, 2022, 11:23:59 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2022, 07:57:30 PMI was also curious what cartoon lassies ones look like  ;D
that's entirely a comment on character animation as opposed to character design

irn

irn

I actually enjoyed this. Went in with very, very low expectations based on the critics reviews so that probably helped being somewhat pleasantly surprised. Definitely the second best of the full 6-part JP series in my opinion.

Spoiler
I really didn't mind the focus being on genetic engineering. It was always at the heart of the original story and it's a more logical progression on the story rather than it being yet another dinosaur chase after dinosaur chase as if it's a sequel to a video game.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 14, 2022, 12:18:02 AMEver wanted a Jurassic Park movie that focused on an evil corporation using locusts to wipe out the world's food supply? Yeah, me neither.

Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs in your, in your dinosaur movie, right? Hello? Yes?

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 14, 2022, 01:42:03 AMThe whole bit in Malta was nuts from beginning to end and I loved it.

I thought it was fun in an over-the-top way too, but it was honestly odder to me than the whole lucust/Maisie thing, which seemed like two storylines from two totally different Crichton stories.

I like that the movie was able to explore genetic themes outside of cloning dinosaurs, but at the same time it's a Jurassic movie - the dinos shouldn't be window-dressing.

It's odd conflicting feelings (first two aside) but I think I would rank the movies like so -
Jurassic Park (1993)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)
Jurassic World Dominion (2022)
Jurassic Park III (2001)
Jurassic World (2015)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Hmmn, first Jurassic movie I'm going to skip in cinema, f*ck this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed