So is the Queen still alive?

Started by germanator2, Mar 25, 2024, 11:17:01 AM

Author
So is the Queen still alive? (Read 3,105 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

But if the Queen is somehow reintroduced for a hypothetic sequel, doesn't the black goo invalidate this possiblity anyways ?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 26, 2024, 01:26:28 PMI like to think Big Chap went into stasis mode, he a sleepy boy all through the end of Alien, ala in Dark Descent. He appears to have created some fungal growth or something around him.

Like in that one fan comic Xenomorph lucky star, even though not the same the shared the same concept?

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 01:41:19 PMBut if the Queen is somehow reintroduced for a hypothetic sequel, doesn't the black goo invalidate this possiblity anyways ?

I don't follow? Would it be the seeming retcon that they're not really interested in Chap or Bitch and moreso after the alien DNA goo as established in the recent lore?

Wweyland

Wweyland

The Antarctica Queen is more likely to be alive.

BlueMarsalis79

AVP can piss off.

If it is successful (which I reckon it will be) I do not see them touching the Queen because it is so bloody obvious, and in essence leads to the same premise, I do see them going for another film set between films though.

Perhaps even something between Aliens and Alien³ dealing with the Sulaco I can see. And simultaneously giving the green light to the last prequel.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 26, 2024, 01:49:34 PMAVP can piss off.

If it is successful (which I reckon it will be) I do not see them touching the Queen because it is so bloody obvious, and in essence leads to the same premise, I do see them going for another film set between films though.

Perhaps even something between Aliens and Alien³ dealing with the Sulaco I can see. And simultaneously giving the green light to the last prequel.

I do think Ridley should get to finish his prequels but then the door needs to be closed on it.

The prequel trilogy should then be retconned or ignored. The Alien's origins should either be old or simply not explained at all.
No black goo, no artificial life-form created by an android. Keep it simple and plausible.

BlueMarsalis79

Keeping general audiences in mind, that will never explicitly happen, at best you will get Noah Hawley contradicting the films for his particular narrative.

Whether or not successive creatives follow that path or Ridley who knows.

I only want the David being the Space Jockey idea reigned in, everything else, do what you want to Scott.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 26, 2024, 01:52:24 PM

I do think Ridley should get to finish his prequels but then the door needs to be closed on it.

The prequel trilogy should then be retconned or ignored. The Alien's origins should either be old or simply not explained at all.
No black goo, no artificial life-form created by an android. Keep it simple and plausible.

I think that's what they're doing. Not ignoring the goo or the prequels, nor explicitly decanonizing them, but partially retconning and recontextualizing them like Alex White was able to do.

IE: that neither David nor the Engineers actually created the Xenomorphs. The Engineers simply were an advanced, humanoid religious cult that worshiped the Alien and DNA-goo, and tried to be utilize it for religious reason, until it got them all killed.

In effect, this would retcon the Engineers back to what they originally stood for: A plot device meant to foreshadow humanity's encounter with the alien. I'm fine with this if that's the case. It would make the jockey seen in Alien far more sympathetic than evil. An Engineer with a conscious trying to warn of what happens when you go off the deep end with the organism, but like Ripley, no one listened.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Eal on Mar 26, 2024, 01:48:19 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 01:41:19 PMBut if the Queen is somehow reintroduced for a hypothetic sequel, doesn't the black goo invalidate this possiblity anyways ?

I don't follow? Would it be the seeming retcon that they're not really interested in Chap or Bitch and moreso after the alien DNA goo as established in the recent lore?

I mean the queen explained the presence of eggs already. The black goo being introduced as an important element for David's creations including eggs never seemed to open the path for a queen.

What I mean is when you have black goo, you don't need a queen anymore.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 02:19:13 PM

I mean the queen explained the presence of eggs already. The black goo being introduced as an important element for David's creations including eggs never seemed to open the path for a queen.

The black goo is a MacGuffin and byproduct of the Alien DNA. It can't generate Aliens, Eggs or Queens in and of itself unless additional steps are introduced.

I was more thinking of the possibly of showing the goo/dna as part of the lifecycle, kind of like how Alex White incorporated it as the payload that the huggers deliver. So, you could incorporate it into Eggmorphing, the process of a hive generating a queen, etc.

oduodu

oduodu

in one of the scripts i remember vaguely something about a queen being able to release spores from her tail. not sure which one it was. i think it s the one where there is a scene like in covenant where a person s skin just bursts open and is transformed into an alien creature. funnily enough didn t the person in covvie also breath in a spore?

so maybe somewhere down the line the goo spawns a spore releasing queen.

who knows

Eal

Eal

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 26, 2024, 02:49:47 PMin one of the scripts i remember vaguely something about a queen being able to release spores from her tail. not sure which one it was. i think it s the one where there is a scene like in covenant where a person s skin just bursts open and is transformed into an alien creature. funnily enough didn t the person in covvie also breath in a spore?

so maybe somewhere down the line the goo spawns a spore releasing queen.

who knows

The Gibson script did this sort of. It had the Queen depositing some sort of (unspecified)genetic material into Bishop when she stabbed him, which results in an Egg being formed. You could replace the genetic material with the black accelerant.

You could also take the deleted scene in the original Alien where Chap hooks the tip of his tail into the base of Brett's spine/neck before headbiting him as it depositing genetic material into him to prepare for cocooning him into an egg.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Eal on Mar 26, 2024, 02:31:21 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 02:19:13 PM

The black goo is a MacGuffin and byproduct of the Alien DNA. It can't generate Aliens, Eggs or Queens in and of itself unless additional steps are introduced.

I was more thinking of the possibly of showing the goo/dna as part of the lifecycle, kind of like how Alex White incorporated it as the payload that the huggers deliver. So, you could incorporate it into Eggmorphing, the process of a hive generating a queen, etc.

Oh ok I see. I would prefer that indeed.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

They need to hurry up on a final prequel, Fassbender cannot stay young forever.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 03:30:36 PM

They need to hurry up on a final prequel, Fassbender cannot stay young forever.

Deepfake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed