Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,609 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

You know, I think it would be interesting if Naru gets the comic pirate Raphael route in the sequel. I don't know exactly how it will lead, but like a rival from another tribe or European frontiersman, a second antagonist that is also a threat throughout the film gets Naru before Greyback has the final showdown. Like both sides grow a rivaling respect for each other and Greyback get's angered that Naru gets offed in a dishonorable way that he kills her killer, hear out her final request or words and she gives the pistol to him as she passes on. It would be an interesting new dynamic for a Predator film where both sides have a begrudging respect for one another even knowing full well that this will end in one way only. Just a food for thought.

SiL

SiL

Definitely an interesting way to have a Predator win.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 31, 2022, 04:13:53 AMYou know, I think it would be interesting if Naru gets the comic pirate Raphael route in the sequel. I don't know exactly how it will lead, but like a rival from another tribe or European frontiersman, a second antagonist that is also a threat throughout the film gets Naru before Greyback has the final showdown. Like both sides grow a rivaling respect for each other and Greyback get's angered that Naru gets offed in a dishonorable way that he kills her killer, hear out her final request or words and she gives the pistol to him as she passes on. It would be an interesting new dynamic for a Predator film where both sides have a begrudging respect for one another even knowing full well that this will end in one way only. Just a food for thought.

The only problem with this is the comic takes place in 1718 while the movie prey is in 1719.

SiL

SiL

I don't think he meant literally do the comic, but rather if you take the relationship from it and replace Adolini with Naru in the comic -- how they form an uneasy alliance against a more pressing threat that ends poorly for the human.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Aug 31, 2022, 06:09:34 AMI don't think he meant literally do the comic, but rather if you take the relationship from it and replace Adolini with Naru in the comic -- how they form an uneasy alliance against a more pressing threat that ends poorly for the human.
Yes, exactly this.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Cloaked Feral chasing Itsee and Naru through the tall grass is a great scene! 

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

Why Naru's leg wasn't broken after falling into a bear trap. She wasn't injured at all, except some blood when trap crushed her leg.

It is one of many illogical things in this movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Because if it had any power to it, the tail of the dog would have been halfed by the trap earlier in the film, but as it showed it only dealt a flesh wound.

Engineer

Engineer

I have a couple of thoughts about the bear traps...

1) A lot of the traps we see are smaller. Obviously not meant for a bear; more like it's meant for smaller game, like a wolf, even though we still call it a "bear" trap. Those smaller traps won't be as powerful, otherwise the traps would amputate rather than trap (and a wolf with an amputated leg can still travel a long ways).

2) Springs wear out over time, especially when they are over-stretched or over-compressed (i.e., a bear trap stretched open for long periods of time awaiting an animal to trigger it). Those traps looked pretty old and rusty to me. They were probably old and worn out, leading to a less powerful trap, but they're still in use because they're still functional and capable of trapping animals. Plus, back then, it probably wasn't feasible for the French fur trappers to travel back home across the Atlantic to buy new bear traps when their current supply starts to wear out; they'd just have to make do with what they had...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I thought it was indeed small traps to slow you down more than to f**k you up completely. There was probably other bigger traps elsewhere though.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Sep 04, 2022, 09:35:30 AMWhy Naru's leg wasn't broken after falling into a bear trap. She wasn't injured at all, except some blood when trap crushed her leg.

It is one of many illogical things in this movie.

In hunting, you don't want to destroy the leg. It'll damage the meat. Plus, letting it bleed out helps track and weaken the subject. Same with what happened to Edwin in Predators. Not meant to kill, just f**k up. Usually the damage is enough to not need to break the legs.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Sep 04, 2022, 09:35:30 AMIt is one of many illogical things in this movie.
As illogical as anything in Predator or Predator 2  :)

kwisatz

kwisatz

illogic worshipper is what yu are

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 04, 2022, 10:59:45 PM
Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Sep 04, 2022, 09:35:30 AMIt is one of many illogical things in this movie.
As illogical as anything in Predator or Predator 2  :)

... like, outrunning a nuclear blast 300 city blocks in size and surviving the radioactive fallout... lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: kwisatz on Sep 04, 2022, 11:03:59 PMillogic worshipper is what yu are
Beg your pardon?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed