Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,712 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:12:26 AMMaybe he did take more trophies, we just didn't see it because the film kept us with Naru.

I mean it would have been on his person, seeing that he had the snake and wolf skull on him.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 29, 2022, 03:55:46 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 04:12:26 AMMaybe he did take more trophies, we just didn't see it because the film kept us with Naru.

I mean it would have been on his person, seeing that he had the snake and wolf skull on him.
Perhaps. Or maybe he left them somewhere safe to pick up later so he wouldn't have too much to carry around. I don't recall seeing jungle hunter carrying around many human skulls on a belt in the first movie, but they do show us he has them stored somewhere safe. Same thing with city hunter.
Plus, there did seem to be an unspecified amount of time that passed while naru was helping adolini before feral showed up. Who knows how long that period of time was; feral could have easily been stringing up bodies and collecting trophies before continuing on his hunt.

Master

Master

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 29, 2022, 01:25:39 PMPart of me wonders if the reason people are trying  so desperately to diminish this Predator  is because he was defeated by a woman.

What next? We are racist becuse we don't like this different race of Predator? :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Master on Aug 29, 2022, 04:17:24 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 29, 2022, 01:25:39 PMPart of me wonders if the reason people are trying  so desperately to diminish this Predator  is because he was defeated by a woman.

What next? We are racist becuse we don't like this different race of Predator? :laugh:

Just the idea that you think that is far fetched is pretty funny to me. I know a lot of guys irl who would have been totally on board with this film if Taabe had been the main character.

I just can't see how people keep pushing literally the dumbest takes possible regarding this predator. What's next, the blood the wrong shade of glowy green?

I don't like the face design at all and I get a lot of the criticisms. I don't mind if people don't like the film. Just have a valid point that hasn't been debunked and explained by engineer a 100 times.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Aug 29, 2022, 12:30:03 PMThis Predator from Prey movie is probably the most stupid Predator so far. I can't believe it was possible but he is actually more stupid that Ultimate Predator from 2018.
Wolf still exists

QuotePredator didn't kill Naru because she was trapped, but he killed man with amputated leg without weapons ? Where is logic or honor code in that ?
Because he got there likely by tracking his blood? We saw him follow it to his body, also, that was HIS game, HE caused that injury, as a hunter you are meant to finish off your game if you missed it and let it run off.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 11:36:23 PMDamn, you really do post daleks everywhere lol
Current wave mate, I have other ways for enforcement

Spoiler

Spoiler
they're stuck on the second floor
[close]
[close]

Quote from: Master on Aug 29, 2022, 04:17:24 PM

@426Buddy makes an excellent point. Many fans seem to be subconsciously or consciously mad at the movie because a woman defeats the Predator -- finding that unbelievable, too PC, too woke, whatever. Too bad that Predator was "woke" from the start...

The dismissal of Feral seems to be confined to the old core Predator fanbase that wants all Predators to look like the Winston ones (same as the old Alien fanbase that wants all Aliens to look like Giger's, the Godzilla fanbase wanting all Godzillas to look like the established stationary formula, the Geewunners who want all Optimus Primes to be blocky ass 80s designs like G1 Prime is, so on and so forth). It's nothing new. Not racism as much as it is museification, sometimes with terrible ableist jokes thrown in (on social media, I've seen Feral being called things like 'mongoloid', which is a european insult for some disabled people, I've seen it called other names too)

Difficult to try and be racist with a series whose best hero is Lieutenant motherf**king Harrigan

Engineer

Engineer

QuoteBecause he got there likely by tracking his blood? We saw him follow it to his body, also, that was HIS game, HE caused that injury, as a hunter you are meant to finish off your game if you missed it and let it run off.

This is a good point too.

(I kinda screwed up the quote lol but this will do)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm not bothered that Naru won, I'm bothered that the ending required Feral to be a moron for the headshot to even happen. He should know full well how his own equipment works and yet for the movie to end he has to draw a weapon he knows damn well won't work.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2022, 06:37:20 PMI'm not bothered that Naru won, I'm bothered that the ending required Feral to be a moron for the headshot to even happen. He should know full well how his own equipment works and yet for the movie to end he has to draw a weapon he knows damn well won't work.
Predators aren't always the brightest. Their hubris gets the better of them - and this is Feral's first (and only) time on Earth

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2022, 06:37:20 PMI'm not bothered that Naru won, I'm bothered that the ending required Feral to be a moron for the headshot to even happen. He should know full well how his own equipment works and yet for the movie to end he has to draw a weapon he knows damn well won't work.
He was tricked.
He never forgot how his weapon worked lol
He's hardly the first predator to be tricked by a human, too; let alone hardly the first to have one of his own weapons used against him.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Feral had no reason to think the helmet was targeting anything to begin with, and even if he tried blocking it with the shield it likely would go through and get past before it breaks, not mentioning how his gear was covered in mud

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

But then why fire it? Even if it wasn't aimed at him it's not going to hit Naru hence why he goes to use it.

It can't be dummy fired, it's established it will go where the laser is aimed. Even if it's not aimed at him it still has him be inexcusably dumb. Say the laser wasn't aimed at him. What was he planning on doing with it otherwise? He fires a gun he knows won't work, misses, and then what? Awkwardly shuffle over to Naru?

SiL

SiL

This has powerful "you don't like it because you don't get it" energy. Leave the ad hominems at the door please.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2022, 07:05:09 PMBut then why fire it? Even if it wasn't aimed at him it's not going to hit Naru hence why he goes to use it.

It can't be dummy fired, it's established it will go where the laser is aimed. Even if it's not aimed at him it still has him be inexcusably dumb. Say the laser wasn't aimed at him. What was he planning on doing with it otherwise? He fires a gun he knows won't work, misses, and then what? Awkwardly shuffle over to Naru?

Annnnd... how do we know it can't be fired without the Laser tracking? Obviously it can...

Think of laser-guided missiles. We have them. They can be aimed and fired without being laser-guided. But if you use the laser to guide the missile it's a lot easier to make sure you hit your target.
Obviously, feral tried to fire his weapon without the laser-guidance system but he was tricked. He didn't realize his prey figured out how to use that laser-guidance system against him. It's really not that much of a stretch. Even though he was tricked, his bolt still damn near caught naru in the face. Another couple of inches and she would have died too. There was still some luck involved here, just like there was with Dutch.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 04:35:13 PMBecause he got there likely by tracking his blood? We saw him follow it to his body, also, that was HIS game, HE caused that injury, as a hunter you are meant to finish off your game if you missed it and let it run off.

He also was running after Naru, she felt in trap because Feral was behind her, so why he didn't finish her ? By the logic, Feral should have finished his hunt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed