Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,548 times)

Corporal Hicks

It's a very active tag on IG.

Lionhart

Lionhart

[
Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Jun 10, 2022, 02:47:07 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 09, 2022, 08:45:12 AMWell trailers don't mean jack shit to me. Fact is that all predator included avp movies looked good and I remembered how everyone was hyped whenever a trailer dropped for those movies, but then when the movies came out, they all turned out to suck. Fact is that we haven't got any good predator movie since predator 2. I'm definitely going to watch this movie but I'm going in prepared to turn off the movie I just don't know when. And what is it with directors wanting to change things? Why change a winning concept? They all tried that after predator 2 and look how it went 👎🏽

if youre going in prepared to turn off the tv (which, im willing to bet you wont regardless), you might as well just not watch it..  what a shameful way to watch a movie, with turning off the tv on your mind.

Well, shamefull or not, I ain't wasting energy to watch a full movie if I notice that the movie is garbage 30 min into the film, that being said, I might be surprised but my hopes ain't high, specially after what we got in 2010 and 2018.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Thinking of that last scene in the trailer where the predator leaps at Naru, I truly hope they don't overuse CGI, and that the quality of it is superior to the horrendous rendition of the upgrade in The Predator.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 10, 2022, 09:01:29 AMPredaDor  ;D
That's how it's said in some other languages, including mine

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 10, 2022, 02:25:03 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 09, 2022, 08:45:12 AMWell trailers don't mean jack shit to me. Fact is that all predator included avp movies looked good and I remembered how everyone was hyped whenever a trailer dropped for those movies, but then when the movies came out, they all turned out to suck. Fact is that we haven't got any good predator movie since predator 2. I'm definitely going to watch this movie but I'm going in prepared to turn off the movie I just don't know when. And what is it with directors wanting to change things? Why change a winning concept? They all tried that after predator 2 and look how it went 👎🏽

if youre going in prepared to turn off the tv (which, im willing to bet you wont regardless), you might as well just not watch it..  what a shameful way to watch a movie, with turning off the tv on your mind.

Well, shamefull or not, I ain't wasting energy to watch a full movie if I notice that the movie is garbage 30 min into the film, that being said, I might be surprised but my hopes ain't high, specially after what we got in 2010 and 2018.

Did you finish those movies or did you walk out/turn off the tv?

I say, stick it out.  You've made it this far.  ;)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Master Chief on Jun 10, 2022, 07:49:48 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 10, 2022, 02:25:03 PM

Did you finish those movies or did you walk out/turn off the tv?

I say, stick it out.  You've made it this far.  ;)

I finished them unfortunately. I fell asleep at the theater during Predator 2018 I had to re-watch it when it came out on blu-ray, huge mistake that I spent energy on that garbage movie.

ace3g

ace3g

New cast listing from IMDb

Troy Mundle   ...   Spyglass

Crew listings:

Chris Terhune   ...   Supervising Sound Editor / re-recording mixer

John Charles Manning   ...   Set Lighting Technician

Corporal Hicks

Really good piece on ScreenHub reminding folk about the long history of diversity in the series in the wake of all the Critical Drinker/woke commentary.

https://screenhub.blog/2022/06/13/the-predator-movies-have-always-been-woke-screenhub-entertainment/

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2022, 08:53:14 AMReally good piece on ScreenHub reminding folk about the long history of diversity in the series in the wake of all the Critical Drinker/woke commentary.

https://screenhub.blog/2022/06/13/the-predator-movies-have-always-been-woke-screenhub-entertainment/

The best part for my money:

"Some may read this article and scoff. You may say that these earlier examples are different than Prey because earlier Predator films weren't made with an agenda, but what have we seen up to this point? The monster was itself brought to life by a black man, the films feature diverse casts, have already featured leads that were people of color and women, and the series has gone so far as to show primarily people of color and women (Harrigan, Noguchi, and Lex) shown open respect by Predator tribes. So what has changed? Not the Predator series. What has changed is now there is a cult of content creators who are telling you, the viewer, that you're supposed to be angry. Had such content creators been around when any of the above examples were released, Danny Glover would have been called a diversity hire, Noguchi and Lex would have been called 'woke propaganda' and the series would have been subject to innumerable such criticisms as ugly as they were pitiful."

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 14, 2022, 11:29:30 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2022, 08:53:14 AMReally good piece on ScreenHub reminding folk about the long history of diversity in the series in the wake of all the Critical Drinker/woke commentary.

"Some may read this article and scoff. You may say that these earlier examples are different than Prey because earlier Predator films weren't made with an agenda, but what have we seen up to this point? The monster was itself brought to life by a black man, the films feature diverse casts, have already featured leads that were people of color and women, and the series has gone so far as to show primarily people of color and women (Harrigan, Noguchi, and Lex) shown open respect by Predator tribes. So what has changed? Not the Predator series. What has changed is now there is a cult of content creators who are telling you, the viewer, that you're supposed to be angry. Had such content creators been around when any of the above examples were released, Danny Glover would have been called a diversity hire, Noguchi and Lex would have been called 'woke propaganda' and the series would have been subject to innumerable such criticisms as ugly as they were pitiful."

Finally, some sanity.  I really don't get where people are coming from with this woke accusation, simply because the mains are indigenous.  All the main women in the movies thus far have been POC or non-Wasp - sorry if the term offends.  The entire casts have almost always been extremely diverse also.  What a strange thing to complain about and not based in reality.

Anyway, can't wait to see Waxed Mustache and Spyglass.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 14, 2022, 01:28:32 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 14, 2022, 11:29:30 AM

Finally, some sanity.  I really don't get where people are coming from with this woke accusation, simply because the mains are indigenous.  All the main women in the movies thus far have been POC or non-Wasp - sorry if the term offends.  The entire casts have almost always been extremely diverse also.  What a strange thing to complain about and not based in reality.

Anyway, can't wait to see Waxed Mustache and Spyglass.

I think a lot of the "woke" accusations for this stem purely from the fact that it's a young woman facing off against an elite-tier Alien hunter with vastly advanced technology.

The director has already confirmed no Plasma Caster so the massive advantage the Pred has has been chalked off. The only major (unfair?) advantage left is the cloaking system. But given how good the Native American peoples were at hunting (not to mention the almost supernatural/spiritual sixth sense they're almost always depicted as having) these huge advantages get smaller and smaller.

One v one, would a Pred eviscerate Some "lowly" non-hunter from an historic war tribe? Absolutely - but it'd do so regardless of what genitals they had.

If the Pred was purely about ganking the goodies with no suspension of disbelief then what'd be the point of the film/series?

The sooner these baseless accusations of "Wokeness" f**k off the World will be a better place - nevermind Hollywood.

Zoej

Zoej

I think people are also ignoring that nearly every time a predator is killed it's typically without any advanced weaponry. The only predator killed by a 'modern' weapon was in predators, with the exception of the upgrade predator in The Predator, who was technically killed by 'primitive' tech launched from an advanced system. Any argument that indigenous people wouldn't survive against an advance species falls flat, they are probably the most capable. Their primary means of combat are directly suited for the predator and its honor system, as well as their style of their hand to hand weapons. I'm eager to see if the Feral predator maintains an honor system and wether the Comanche would counter that potential knowledge. 

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jun 14, 2022, 03:02:36 PMI think a lot of the "woke" accusations for this stem purely from the fact that it's a young woman facing off against an elite-tier Alien hunter with vastly advanced technology.

What happens when you replace her with David, and the Predator with Goliath? Couldn't the concept still be the same regardless of gender?

Kailem

Kailem

David goes full Riddick and kills the Predator with a teacup.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 15, 2022, 07:51:35 AM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jun 14, 2022, 03:02:36 PMI think a lot of the "woke" accusations for this stem purely from the fact that it's a young woman facing off against an elite-tier Alien hunter with vastly advanced technology.

What happens when you replace her with David, and the Predator with Goliath? Couldn't the concept still be the same regardless of gender?

Absolutely - but the masses wouldn't claim wokeness as that trope is infinitely more acceptable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed