What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,636,822 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

We Want Moore! by Gary Moore

Been a big fan of Gary's since my school years, but just recently I've started digging his albums out again and I'm reminded of just how much I love his hard rock work.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AMNow to talk to Rod Smallwood lol

I love how Maiden kept writing B-sides that take the piss out of him :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 18, 2016, 08:02:11 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AMNow to talk to Rod Smallwood lol

I love how Maiden kept writing B-sides that take the piss out of him :laugh:

I love Sheriff of Huddersfield lol

FiorinaFury161

^ Awesome track. Practically an album song that so happened to be a B side.

Valaquen

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AM
Put together my own version of what i think an Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast Volume 2 would sound like for a friend. Pretty much picking up where the first one started (I used the 2-disc version as a guide). So working backwards from Virtual XI to The Book of Souls. I gave it a listen and it really works.

Now to talk to Rod Smallwood lol

I remember doing this back in high school  8)

THE CITY HUNTER

I'm addicted to highway to hell.

HuDaFuK

Understandable.

The album happens to be my favourite AC/DC record.

KiramidHead

FiorinaFury161

^ I have a feeling you have some anger built up from watching a marathon of a certain movie series... ;)

For HuDaFuK :D :

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 19, 2016, 05:14:58 PM
Understandable.

The album happens to be my favourite AC/DC record.
Awsome.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 19, 2016, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AM
Put together my own version of what i think an Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast Volume 2 would sound like for a friend. Pretty much picking up where the first one started (I used the 2-disc version as a guide). So working backwards from Virtual XI to The Book of Souls. I gave it a listen and it really works.

Now to talk to Rod Smallwood lol

I remember doing this back in high school  8)

It was an interesting experiment, like my Fan Versions of other albums. I only did it so she didnt have to cart all of the albums home lol

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 19, 2016, 08:58:18 PM
^ I have a feeling you have some anger built up from watching a marathon of a certain movie series... ;)

Oh no, there are more appropriate Meat Loaf songs for that....

HuDaFuK

More (Moore?) Gary Moore.

Run for Cover by Gary Moore

Probably his most accessible rock album, and one of his most successful, despite the fact it's a complete hodge-podge pieced together from about three or four different recording sessions. As a result, it features no less than three different lead vocalists, along with a revolving-door list of backing players that nonetheless includes some impressive names, such as Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott (incidentally, the songs with him are among the last things he recorded before he died), Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple/Black Sabbath, Paul Thompson from Roxy Music, Bob Daisley, also of Sabbath fame, and Don Airy, who played with literally everybody at one point or another in the 80s.

Anyway, it's a cracking album. Including this bona fide classic, about the ongoing religious turmoil in Ireland at the time:

OK, the video sucks, but the song rocks.

KiramidHead

Go ahead, Cornelius. You can cry now.

THE CITY HUNTER

The most 90s song ever
Song 2 by the blur

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed