Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 143,331 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What's the problem then?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Is it that her main motivation was purely money? And she would still do it regardless of liking the story or not?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

There isn't. I just hate to see certain members treating other members in a very patronizing manner when it's really not needed.

But sorry, I didn't mean to derail the discussion.

Sigourney Weaver seemed quite passionate about the character of Ripley 8 and actually pushed to have the character be more 'Alien'.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'll call it out. SiL can be very patronizing ro me sometimes. Just look at his "Crazy concept" comment above. But I just learned to dish it right back to him.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter. But the door swings both ways. If you're an ass, people are going to treat you as such.

If you have an issue with things being said, feel free to report it. The function is there for a reason. If we think that we need to interject, we will. If you have any issue with what the staff say, then PM the staff to discuss it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 11:46:23 AM
Nobody's getting defensive, it just feels a lot more like projection than logic. :D

Got to disagree with you there, considering Sigourney Weaver was on record saying she was done with the Alien franchise, and two, she has been on record saying the money she received from Resurrection allowed her to do the smaller films she really wanted to do.

I'm just using normal reasoning.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 12:50:11 PM
There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter. But the door swings both ways. If you're an ass, people are going to treat you as such.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm being an ass here Hicks in the above situation.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 12:51:14 PM
You're ignoring lots of factors and trying to boil it down to "she said one thing one year and another thing another year", though. She was presented a very different take on a familiar character, which can be a very attractive proposition for a lot of actors and can renew their interest in having another shot at it. There's also the fact that people are fully capable of just changing their mind.

It's not illogical or poor reasoning to say she might have actually just been interested in the role she was presented with.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 12:51:14 PM
You're ignoring lots of factors and trying to boil it down to "she said one thing one year and another thing another year", though. She was presented a very different take on a familiar character, which can be a very attractive proposition for a lot of actors and can renew their interest in having another shot at it. There's also the fact that people are fully capable of just changing their mind.

It's not illogical or poor reasoning to say she might have actually just been interested in the role she was presented with.

I don't believe I'm ignoring anything.  I'm just not taking what is known out of the equation, and immediately dismissing it simply because I want to believe in Sigourney loving the script and that was the main reason why she came back to a franchise she said she was done with. 

No problem. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

SiL

SiL

But you're ignoring the other factors simply because you want to believe Sigourney didn't like the script :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 01:22:47 PM
But you're ignoring the other factors simply because you want to believe Sigourney didn't like the script :D

Read my comment again. When I say "main reason" it's an indication there were more than one reason to return, with any pros and cons list someone may use to make a big decision. Main doesn't suggest it's a sole reason, just that it is the most influential.

SiL

SiL

I went back and re-read your posts and you didn't "main reason" though (at least not in the last three pages). You said it was her motivation to come back at all and she decided not to half-ass it once she was there.

Weaver herself said the scene where she meets her clones was a big reason why she decided to take the role.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 04, 2019, 12:46:37 PM
I'll call it out. SiL can be very patronizing ro me sometimes. Just look at his "Crazy concept" comment above.
That was sarcasm by the way, not patronising.

EDIT

Oh for God's sake you said it in the post right above. My bad :D

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

What is even the point of this argument?

Sarcasm can definitely be used when patronizing.

SiL

SiL

Patronising is appearing helpful while actually being condescending, which was quite clearly not the case.

What's even the point of this argument? ???

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 01:59:14 PM
Weaver herself said the scene where she meets her clones was a big reason why she decided to take the role.

SiL, lets be honest. She was never going to come out and say I did this primarily to be more financially secure if that was a factor. All I know is Weaver said she was done with Alien and she said the money allowed her to make smaller films she really wanted to do.

So here's her record 11 Million offer on one side, the cloning scene and the rest of the Resurrection script on the other. Was it 50/50? 75/25?  30/70? Come to your own conclusion based with what you know. I'll come to mine. And we'll just agree to disagree. Cheers.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 04, 2019, 02:07:20 PM
Sarcasm can definitely be used when patronizing.

Indeed. It can go hand in hand.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let's move on. Actors act for money as well as love of the craft. It's a pointless argument that will get nowhere.

And enough complaining about each other. Like I said, there's a report post function for a reason. Don't abuse it out of spite, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed