Destiny - The Next Game from Bungie Studios

Started by Space Sweeper, Nov 28, 2012, 02:48:57 AM

Author
Destiny - The Next Game from Bungie Studios (Read 100,255 times)

KNIGHT

Does anyone now a good place to find and play the Marathon games? They've always been on my list of games I need to play, but I've never had any success in finding them.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KNIGHT on Nov 28, 2012, 04:22:43 PM
Does anyone now a good place to find and play the Marathon games? They've always been on my list of games I need to play, but I've never had any success in finding them.

Bungie has them free to download off their website:
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=40058407

I need to get back into them. I bought Durandal off the XBox marketplace before I knew they were free online. So i downloaded the whole trilogy and was absolutely loving the first game, but I never got around to finishing it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Looks pretty good.

Xenodog

I'm intrigued!

Shall keep an eye on this.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2012, 04:30:06 PM
I need to get back into them. I bought Durandal off the XBox marketplace before I knew they were free online. So i downloaded the whole trilogy and was absolutely loving the first game, but I never got around to finishing it.

Yeah, I was much the same. Played through about half of the first game, then stopped, took it up after about a year, got through Durandal, and then got stumped at an incredibly difficult part in Infinity.

ShadowPred

^^^ What I'm most excited for.

SpaceMarines

scarhunter92

Looking forward to it.

Nightlord

Quote"So, our game is called Destiny," reads a message on Bungie's site.

"In a matter of days, we're going to give you your first glimpse into the vision and ambition that's driving the creation of our brave new world," it adds.

The developer is a little more specific with a reveal date on its Destiny Facebook page: "You can be the first to see the reveal of Destiny right here on Feb. 17 (T-Minus 5 days)," it says.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390836/bungie-confirms-destiny-reveal-for-february-17/

Can't wait to see this.

Prime113

Awesome. Thanks for that, Nightlord.

Nightmare Asylum

Cool. Interested in seeing just what this game is.

scarhunter92

I'm excited to see what they've been cooking. Not a fan of the Halo franchise, but the Bungie guys are pretty good devs.

SpaceMarines

Can't wait to see what they've got in store for us next.

I'm just really hoping it involves an AI named Joyeuse, thus completing the Bungie AI Triumvirate.

If the AI is suffering some sort of mental breakdown, so much the better!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 14, 2013, 02:25:16 AM
I'm just really hoping it involves an AI named Joyeuse, thus completing the Bungie AI Triumvirate.

Maybe its because I've barely played Mrathon, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

SpaceMarines

In the myths that surround Charlemagne (most notably in The Song of Roland), there are three closely related swords: Durandal, Cortana, and Joyeuse. Cortana is reputed to have the inscription "My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal."

And that's why they need an AI named Joyeuse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed