Joy Division / New Order

Started by Salt The Fries, Mar 07, 2013, 12:09:13 PM

Author
Joy Division / New Order (Read 520 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The realization of the fact that "Blue Monday" by New Order was released EXACTLY 30 years ago from today spawned the very desire to create this very thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftJZomwDhxQ#

So, are there any Joy Division / New Order fans?

For those unaware, Joy Division were extremely influential post-punk band which combined immense existential doom and gloom with post-punk bass-based propulsion and remnants of Kraftwerk electronic dance music to fuse it into one huge existential theater.

Then after the suicide of their frontman Ian Curtis, the remaining members went to form New Order, a band which transcended New Wave and fully embraced electronic dance music aesthetic while retaining some of post-punk elements.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Use to listen to New Order in HS.

Christ, is it really 30 years old today?! Happy Birthday Blue Monday.

I'm a huge New Order fan - seen them many times over the years. Great memories watching the old Blue Monday video on YouTube again. Always loved the clip from Close Encounters @1:16 - fingers on the globe tracing the rendezvous point at Devils Tower! 

I even used to play cover versions of New Order/Joy Division/The Cure songs at gigs with my band when I was at school (circa late 1980s!) using a ZX Spectrum 'SpecDrum' drum machine and a Jen analogue synth! Sadly we didnt have access to an Oberheim, TR-808 or a Prophet5 back then.

Should really post some old/new synth stuff on SoundCloud for a laugh...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed