Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 238,731 times)

AllHailTheMagicConch

Star Wars.  I've never liked 'em.  I was a kid when the prequels came out, I watched the original trilogy when I was little, saw all the prequels in theatre, and man I just could never get into it.  I thought the acting for ALL of them was pretty hammy, I didn't bond with any of the characters, I thought the universe was kinda campy and dorky for such a serious story, etc etc.  The sequels were a massive flop as well, and at this point I just couldn't care about anything Star Wars. 

Stitch

Quote from: AllHailTheMagicConch on Jan 02, 2022, 03:43:34 PM
Star Wars.  I've never liked 'em.  I was a kid when the prequels came out, I watched the original trilogy when I was little, saw all the prequels in theatre, and man I just could never get into it.  I thought the acting for ALL of them was pretty hammy, I didn't bond with any of the characters, I thought the universe was kinda campy and dorky for such a serious story, etc etc.  The sequels were a massive flop as well, and at this point I just couldn't care about anything Star Wars.
I'm pretty much on the same page as you

Kradan

I watched Star Wars movies relatively late (about a year-two ago) and only because I was intrigued by the Interwebs reaction to TLJ. I enjoyed OT for what it was but wasn't like blown away by it or something. I find prequels to be not as bad as people make 'em seem to be, I see prequels as fun late 90s-early 00s sci-fi movies and enjoy them as that. And I guess didn't have any pre-set expectations prior to watching them. Out of the sequels I enjoyed TLJ the most but I don't have desire to rewatch any of these 'cause I can never escape thinking about drama surrounding ST.

I will though be forever grateful to Star Wars for two things: Alien and RedLetterMedia

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There are things I like in episode l. But honestly, the prequels should have started from the beginning of the Clone Wars. Better written than the actual episode 2, of course.

Edit ~ Yes, Star Wars is somewhat overrated, despite its legacy in special effects and cinematography. But still I love it with a pasiĆ³n...

Kradan

Kradan

I think original trilogy deserves lots of praise for all of its accomplishments. But I  can't stand when people (mainly money-making studio) try to make Star Wars the most important thing to ever happen to humanity and start recycling bits of OT and coming up with a backstory for EVERYTHING (how Han got his second name etc.)

Oh, and I'm absolutely sick of SW videos filling up YT page

EJA

Joss Whedon.

The Matrix.

BigDaddyJohn

I actually think Star Wars episode 4 is a bit overrated as a movie. Empire Strikes Back on the other hand, is the real masterpiece of the trilogy.

Kradan

Kradan

A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are comparable to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in that the first movie comes up with the formula and the second one brings it to perfection

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AllHailTheMagicConch on Jan 02, 2022, 03:43:34 PM

BlueMarsalis79

https://youtu.be/djowEg4wewM

Who cares about the rest of Star Wars lol

Kradan

Love

BlueMarsalis79

It's the only part of life that's not.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm not gonna lie and pretend that I myself don't require some form of love in my life, at least a surrogate or an illusion of it. But as I see it, it makes one weaker not stronger, it makes one dependant and narrows his freedom. I think desire for love is not natural, it's artificialy raised, planted inside a human being by parents, school, society, culture, mass media and wish to one day rid myself of it

And I'm 100 % fine with anyone disagrreeing

SiL

Humans are social animals. The desire to feel connected is not artificial. You can wish to rid yourself of it, but it's not a construct.

Kradan

What does it mean to be a "social animal" ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed