Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 49,559 times)

Immortan Jonesy

DaveT937

Doesn't sound massively inspiring. 15 drafts? WTF!

It doesn't need the alien, it just needs to be terrifying and horrific. In equal measure. Prometheus wasn't.

aaron.newton3

I personally though Prometheus was pretty poor

Lie

After you watch it for the 100th time you see it as a but uneventful.

Gazz

15 drafts is but a drop in the ocean for rewrites on most Hollywood films (and films in general). A change between drafts can mean as simple as dialogue tweaking or as drastic as complete rewrites depending on the focus of each individual pass.

I don't think the fifteen drafts remark is an indication of anything other than that the script is currently still being worked on. The names attached to that script don't fill me with much confidence though.

Doggo33

Has he completely ignored what people really thought?
"mixed reaction" - Critics may have loved it. But people didn't.
And in reference to what people didn't like, hmm, how about the fact that it didn't make sense. Inventing and showing a new type of Xenomorph at the end wasn't necessary. I know a lot of people liked that, but I didn't.
People didn't like the film because it didn't make sense, at all.

Vrastal

I loved Prometheus. It didnt have all of the answers. And im ok with that, very few movies have mystery that stays mystery. Yeah i would like answers, but that doesn't take away from the film.

Intoxicated Ridley

Intoxicated Ridley

Reading his comments.. is he high or drunk again? Now I know for sure he wasn't the main driving force in 1978-9.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So Ridley Scott met with Harrison Ford and the next day Ford shows up with a broken leg? Coincidence? I think not.

worldpeace

worldpeace

it's a fun adventure sci fi. dealing with creation and extinction . creation that leads to the extinction of the creators.
i still think the space jockey will end up being david after modifying himself with engineer technology

i think the key to making the alien creepy again would be design and showing things never filmed . but yeah alien 3 cashed out the creepy that was left. unless.......

Thomas

Thomas

Prometheus was not going to be an alien prequel he told us that yet at the end we got a different variation of the xenomorph or proto-alien as many have said but you have to remember the "space-Jockeys" were bioengineer(s) meaning that the alien we saw in the original was just one variation of what there bio-weapon could result in. In Prometheus 2 i want them to b more in tune with the original movie i didnt like the fact that the prometheus ship was so hi-tech. In my opinion i was too hi-tech even for this movie and they should have held back.

Also there was nothing scary about the movie. When you show everything its not going to work. That was the good thing about the original alien movie. They held back on showing the creature (for obvious reasons i know but it worked) and when we did it was often so close up we could only make out a few things.

Theres nothing wrong with going old-school.......

SM

Quote"mixed reaction" - Critics may have loved it. But people didn't.

Average IMDB rating of 7.1/10.
When data isn't kind - make shit up, eh?  :laugh:

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Crazy shrimp on Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
Apparently Ford is very busy with Star Wars: https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html

HO--shit!

and "xenomorph free" leads me to believe that the recent comics are solely there to satiate and pacify the masses who wanted more of the Deacon and/or Xenomorph.

DaddyYautja

So confirmation that these movies have nothing to do with a Xeno story.

This about some new aliens he decided to create because he wanted to. At this point.............the Jockeys might as well NOT be Jocks.
This is just some new space sci-fi flick.

orchidal

orchidal

I wish they got it right the first time around, but I'm okay with this if they focus on pushing the story, world building, body-horror, and the further biomechanization of the Engineers. You also need clarification to certain events and the Engineers motives if you're gonna do a sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed