Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,535 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2010, 06:13:41 PM
Nothing.

My XBox went bye bye. 2 Red Rings, and a jammed disc tray. And to make matters worse, Ghostbusters is stuck inside. I'm giving up on this XBox (It's almost 3 years old) and I'm taking it apart (mostly to get the game out). I'm stuck at the part where I'm unscrewing the insides, because it uses some weird star shaped screws, and I don't think that I have a screwdriver that fits them :/

If you take off the faceplate, you should be able to see a very small hole just underneath the disc tray. Take a paperclip (or some other form of small, pokey thing) and jam it in the hole (stop laughing, Sweeper), and that should cause the disc tray to force itself out, allowing you to get the disc out safely.

At least, that's how I rescued a game of mine a couple of years ago when my console imploded.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 23, 2010, 10:12:37 PM
Nothing.

My XBox went bye bye. 2 Red Rings, and a jammed disc tray. And to make matters worse, Ghostbusters is stuck inside. I'm giving up on this XBox (It's almost 3 years old) and I'm taking it apart (mostly to get the game out). I'm stuck at the part where I'm unscrewing the insides, because it uses some weird star shaped screws, and I don't think that I have a screwdriver that fits them :/

If you take off the faceplate, you should be able to see a very small hole just underneath the disc tray. Take a paperclip (or some other form of small, pokey thing) and jam it in the hole (stop laughing, Sweeper)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYNzht4h0-k

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I got a new tv. So I'm playing the Force Unleashed.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 23, 2010, 10:12:37 PM
Nothing.

If you take off the faceplate, you should be able to see a very small hole just underneath the disc tray. Take a paperclip (or some other form of small, pokey thing) and jam it in the hole (stop laughing, Sweeper), and that should cause the disc tray to force itself out, allowing you to get the disc out safely.

At least, that's how I rescued a game of mine a couple of years ago when my console imploded.

I tried that, and a friend tried for me, but it didn't work. So I'm just taking it apart (once I get the screwdriver I need) and probably selling some of the parts.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oh well. Funny it didn't work for you, but at least you've got everything else worked out.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Still playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I have to beat the living f**k out of everything with my metal whip..they didn't have the decency to let me fight Dracula so I gotta keep on trucking in hopes of something just as good.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I take it you've cleared the vampire castle, then?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 24, 2010, 01:10:06 AM

Far enough to know that I got to fight a lady.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Finally got back to Mass Effect after a week of mid terms.
Managed to kick some ass.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 24, 2010, 01:15:52 AM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 24, 2010, 01:10:06 AM

Far enough to know that I got to fight a lady.

Then indeed you have! And so you're now heading into the last leg of your journey.

Rest assured, you've got some pretty spectacular stuff ahead of you.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I just hope Kain shows up and gives me the Soul Reaver :D But I doubt it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nothing.

Probably around Christmas time, I'll be getting one of those new slim XBox 360s. Maybe I'll even get Kinect...

Why not get a PS3 instead?

Nope

Nope

New Vegas. So addicting, much like its predecesor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 24, 2010, 02:24:59 PM
Nothing.

Probably around Christmas time, I'll be getting one of those new slim XBox 360s. Maybe I'll even get Kinect...

Why not get a PS3 instead?

Because my 2 favorite games are Halo and Left 4 Dead (and Pacman, but that's besides the point :P).

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Oct 24, 2010, 01:18:11 AM
Finally got back to Mass Effect after a week of mid terms.
Managed to kick some ass.

Good man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed