Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,801 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 07, 2014, 05:03:17 PM
And resorting to childish screeching and posturing is your only option? You couldn't ask me why I hold those opinions and then tell me why you disagree with them? Is that too much for you? If that's beyond your abilities, or you just don't want to, then a simple 'I disagree' will suffice. 

I don't need to be agreed with or understood, but I do expect a little civility.

The gif...was...a...joke. Lol

Sit back...chill out and learn how to take a joke, good God.

I already know exactly why you dislike BioShock Infinite, I don't agree whatsoever and I think they're ludicrous reasons at that. Good enough?

Good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Mar 07, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nooooooo_elf.gif

Your opinions are your opinions as the saying goes. But it's hard to regard them in a serious manner when you sport opinions such as BioShock Infinite being the worst of the series and BioShock 2 being the best. I absolutely adore all three, but that notion is so incredibly silly that I find it hard to take a good amount of your opinions seriously.

You adore all three, he doesn't. Now move on.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Yessuh.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Lolololol.

People are so sensitive.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Eeeyup.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, it's just the way Sabby does it, he thinks waaay too highly of himself. If you decide to disagree with Sabby then rather than using any real reasons or facts he just goes straight for the get out of jail free card "I'm being bullied because I have a different opinion" when in it reality he most likely lacks better ways of defending his stance.

You can't ever have a good civilized conversation with people like this.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Not too keen on the occasionally frustrating stealth sections, but I'm enjoying this so far. Tight gameplay, sumptuous gothic visuals, a majestic soundtrack, spectacular boss fights, and Robert Carlyle continues to impress... I'm starting to think Gabriel Belmont might be my favourite video game character.

And Patrick Stewart's gone full-pimp. That's cool.

Sabby

Sabby

Crazy, I'll respond to that in PM, as there's no real benefit to doing this here.

Trying to finish Walking Dead.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

People are getting butthurt?

Let me contribute.

I think MGS is great but at the same time manages to take itself too seriously while implementing silly elements and characters like Mantis.

Bioshock Infinite would've been a better novel than game because the gameplay is really nothing special but damn the story is fantastic.

& Big Sister from Bioshock 2 is hawt.

And I'm currently playing TW2 on Dark, the only way to play lol.

Vakarian

Vakarian

South Part The Stick of Truth

f**king hell this game is amazing.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm only an hour into Stick of Truth. It seems... promising? Never been into shin kicking RPG systems.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vakarian on Mar 08, 2014, 12:05:03 AM

Looks hilarious.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 08, 2014, 12:07:07 AM
Quote from: Vakarian on Mar 08, 2014, 12:05:03 AM

Looks hilarious.  :laugh:

I'm assuming it's better than the old South Park game. :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Just finished Black Mesa, with the additional mods to extend We've Got Hostiles, On A Rail and Surface Tension.

In case you don't know, Black Mesa is a complete remaking of the first Half-Life, in the Source engine, that's been put together by a modding team over the last nine years. They don't use any existing assets, except for a handful of things that're in Source anyway (headcrab models, some HEV suit noises), and the game isn't a direct port, more a re-imagining, within the context of modern technology and gameplay tropes. Still follows the same story, although there's no Xen currently as the final chapters are being developed for Black Mesa's 'retail' release on Steam.

It's very slick, there are barely any stability issues, and it's hard to believe it was all developed pro-bono outside the studio system. It feels not only like a professional game, but an extremely good and well-made one. The levels are jam-packed with detail, the combat's exciting, the level design is brilliant, the lighting in the maps is spectacular.
The funny thing is that Source isn't some cutting-edge technological showpiece anymore, and is almost as old-hat as HL1's Goldsource was at the time Black Mesa began development. But the levels are so well lit, textured and decorated, that the game looks utterly gorgeous nonetheless. Sensational piece of work, and the best game I've played since Portal 2.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 08, 2014, 12:12:29 AM
Just finished Black Mesa, with the additional mods to extend We've Got Hostiles, On A Rail and Surface Tension.

In case you don't know, Black Mesa is a complete remaking of the first Half-Life, in the Source engine, that's been put together by a modding team over the last nine years. They don't use any existing assets, except for a handful of things that're in Source anyway (headcrab models, some HEV suit noises), and the game isn't a direct port, more a re-imagining, within the context of modern technology and gameplay tropes. Still follows the same story, although there's no Xen currently as the final chapters are being developed for Black Mesa's 'retail' release on Steam.

It's very slick, there are barely any stability issues, and it's hard to believe it was all developed pro-bono outside the studio system. It feels not only like a professional game, but an extremely good and well-made one. The levels are jam-packed with detail, the combat's exciting, the level design is brilliant, the lighting in the maps is spectacular.
The funny thing is that Source isn't some cutting-edge technological showpiece anymore, and is almost as old-hat as HL1's Goldsource was at the time Black Mesa began development. But the levels are so well lit, textured and decorated, that the game looks utterly gorgeous nonetheless. Sensational piece of work, and the best game I've played since Portal 2.
Aw man I'm so jelly. Do you have to have HL2 on pc to play it?

Source engine is still kicking ass like a beast. Insurgency uses a modified source engine, and it's the best shooter I've played in years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed