Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,514 times)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

The Thing videogame for PS2.  ;D

Nope

Nope

Oh man, I just beat Hitman: Blood Money in preparation for Absolution coming out in a couple weeks. What a game.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Got the first session of my Area 51 pseudo-blind LP uploaded.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 01, 2012, 09:56:42 AM
Yeah now I am in the desert, after the plane crash. Holy shit this level and the one with the ships  :o Every time when I think god dammit it can't go worse than this and it happens  :laugh: I can't decide about the story yet. I need to finish the game to talk is it better or not than Among Thieves.
This morning I finished the game. It was a very, very good game. I didn't liked the last levels as much as I liked the ones in Among Thieves. The "final boss" was a joke too, I realized it was a final boss fight when the achv for game finished popped out. What was the difference between fighting a regular brute and this "last" guy? Also the story is short. The game overall is not that short but the story itself is just 2-3 stories and I can't feel it as strong as the Among Thieves story. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. Its one hell of a journey, an adventure of the most pure kind. I will beat the game on crushing just like I did with the rest and I am sure I will enjoy it twice as much. My top goes with 2-3-1 but if 2 is 10/10 for me, then 3 is 9.9/10. One of my fav series of this generation for sure. I am glad I bought PS3. Games like these are selling the consoles!

Keg

Keg

At first I didnt like the final fight but then I realised it had to be that way. We got a boss fight against Lazarevic in Uncharted 2 because he drank from the water around the "tree of life" and essentially became almost invincible. So we have to blast the shit out of him with grenades, shotguns etc.

In the third game the guy who is left is just another human so they gave us a cinematic fist fight akin to one of the memorable fist fights in the Indy films. The first game only had a brief couple of button presses with Navarro whereas this one had a drawn out fist fight with the spectacular backdrop of the city itself sinking into the desert. I think with both Uncharted 2 and 3 I enjoyed them more and more on repeat plays. Actually same goes for the first game.

By the way how awesome is the desert chase on horseback. Straight out of Indy that for sure.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Football Manager 2013

Doubt anyone else even knows about this game but check it out.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Moar Area 51

Just gained the ability to pimp slap enemies into oblivion. It's awesome, if a bit rough and tumble.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Nov 04, 2012, 03:52:01 AM
Football Manager 2013

I know it. Which team you have chosen to lead first?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 04, 2012, 06:29:10 AM
Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Nov 04, 2012, 03:52:01 AM
Football Manager 2013

I know it. Which team you have chosen to lead first?
I have multiple long term saves southampton as I support them a blue square south team as a challenge and usually the third would be either a journeyman save or a prem club (probably a championship club this year as southampton covers this) I choose based on how long/succesfull the first two

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its nice that you are not using some that major teams but smaller ones. FM was always about picking up a weaker team and making it a dream team. For some reason for a few years by now I am starting with West Brom Albion. I don't know why, I just love these guys  :laugh: I may switch to some other team this time though (when I get the game, because I don't own '13 yet)

Keg

Keg

Just finished Rage. Excellent game and a hell of alot of fun. I heard alot of bad things about the ending but I thought it was fine, if a little abrupt. Ive seen much worse thats for sure. I just think the last level could have done with a boss at the end. Those mutants in the armour were to oeasy to defeat. I had fully stocked wingsticks so i just kept throwing them in their general direction and taking their heads off without even using any guns. Plus they give you a massive pulse cannon so its not a challenge at all really. You can just run through the level mowing anything down in your path.

I'd love to see a sequel showing the upcoming war against The Authority with all the new Ark Survivors. Could be unbelievably epic in scale.

Right anyway onto Doom3 BFG now.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 04, 2012, 07:13:11 AM
Its nice that you are not using some that major teams but smaller ones. FM was always about picking up a weaker team and making it a dream team. For some reason for a few years by now I am starting with West Brom Albion. I don't know why, I just love these guys  :laugh: I may switch to some other team this time though (when I get the game, because I don't own '13 yet)
West brom are quality, good set up, not a lot of expectations. Also now they got some really good players you have a bit of everything pace, strength, and are set up to play to either extreme, they have good players for a passing possession side with good ball winners, but can also play on the counter using there pace and decent crossers. Can see why a non fan would choose them. Not really a challenge in this game though unless your aim in the first season is to come in the top 5.

Had a decent promotion campaign with bournemouth(which I am really proud of as I was awful at first in relegation zone but I changed tactics and shot up threw the play offs by 1 point), but lack of finances means I'm fighting fires to stay up. My best player left on a free transfer and I sold some decent players for about 5 million pounds (very good for a league 1 side) but because of the poor finance state, only about 30 percent was put back in for more players (I didn't know this when I sold them, unfortunately) so I was limited to free's with a couple of half decent buys.
I got papa bouba diop on a free but he is now injured and is already deteriorating as a player with very little pace
Got marvin bartley the fastest defensive player I have ever seen, he is now my best player but would be and average player for top teams in the championship so I have my work cut out.
I also got bradley wright phillips on a free but he's not as prolific as I would have liked.

But yeah the main challenges have got to be taking one club from the bottom (preferable england as they have the longest in game league system and take them to winning the premier league and/or champions league and/or cup winners cup or my personal favourite is a journeyman start unemployed with loads of leagues open have reputation set to sunday league football and then holiday until you get your first job offer, usually a relegation fight in the lowest in a country at around january december, then you have a career choosing job offers wisely and moving to bigger and better, I love it choosing when to leave a club and such is an amazing feeling. Its also not as easy as joing a better club as soon as offered you have to take things into account, there finances likely future in comparison to your own club. In FM 12 I got offered a job in the brazilian third division managed in scotland germany holland and the holy grail was managing england and barcelona

WinterActual

WinterActual

How you leave your teams so easily? I feel very tied to every club I manage and I can't leave those guys just like that  :-\ Its my team you know  :laugh:

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I don't really, I only ever actively leave a club in a journeyman save where I have no attachment to the club, it also stops borderem in those save and it lets you experience the strangest leagues in the world.

The brazilian leagues are crazy with 60+ games a season and MLS has the strangest structure and transfer rules I have ever seen.

90% of my time on the game though is spent with southampton though, (probably less this year as there in the prem and only the first season will be a challenge unless I take them down)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil 6

Pretty much going to be stuck playing this until March, unless I buy myself an Xbox for my birthday and hopefully get Halo 4. ::)

Spoiler
I've got like 100 games I can play aside from RE 6...
[close]

Yep, no other games to play. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed