Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by PAS Spinelli - Today at 11:31:48 PM
Because of limitations, yes, it crawling on walls was always the intent
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 11:20:21 PM

"Your just reading me man..."

Vasquez  ALIENS
General Discussion / Re: All Elon Musk
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:55:31 PM
Please tell me the replies are just people accusing him of stealing their personal data.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:45:10 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 09:21:33 PMTo be fair, I'd rather AvP, AvPR, Predators and The Predator not be canon to *anything* and be nothing more than mindless popcorn flicks 🤣

In my head, Alien canon is;

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator canon is;

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

Pathogen canon;

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
(Potentially) Alien Romulus * (has the potential to fit into Alien canon too depending on how heavy Prometheus is referenced / if can be passed off as a nod)
Aliens
Alien 3

Everything else is expanded universe, whether considered fun, good, or bad

Where da f**k is Resurrection ?
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by SM - Today at 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Today at 03:40:34 PMIf I recall correctly, the Covenant novelisation has a around a seven hour gap from when they call Tennassee to when he can actually land because of the storm. This would make the life cycle similar to that of the original film.

Likewise it is implied Lope has been bursted for some time because Daniels and Tennasee were sleeping for some time until Mother came back online at 8 bells.

But the first point in particular is obviously not evident in the film at all so not sure if this was just another of ADF's attempted 'fixes'.

There are ways around some of the timings when you look at the planet's rotation speed and the 8 bells thing, but the film still presents certain things as happening pretty quickly.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by SM - Today at 10:33:04 PM
In Search Of... peaked with Leonard Nimoy.
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 10:20:49 PM
Yep but I wasn't saying otherwise, just merely that wallcrawling became more apparent by Alien 3 where it was outright running on a flat ceiling.
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 06:35:10 PMIt was using the vents and dangling from chains in the first film.
When it lowers behind Brett its feet are sticking to the landing gear while the tail lowers, then it's supporting itself on its tail. But at first its feet are just ... glued there, or something.

So Aliens sticking to surfaces has been there from the beginning, is just obviously not very clear the way the final film is edited.

And it does pretty much float into the sky with Brett, unlike Dietrich where e we actually see the Alien climbing the wall.
In contrast, I'll be booking the entire cinema screen for myself and my fiancĂ©e to ensure we get to enjoy it with no mumbling, talking, rustling of popcorn and snacks, or glowing phone screens. 😁 (Early birthday present) I really can't wait for Romulus!! Hopefully the manager will be as kind as the last one (when I booked a private screening for Evil Dead Rise, I managed to convince them to let me take one of the double sided quad posters for my Evil Dead Collection) 😊 I wonder how similar to the final Covenant quad poster the Romulus one will be... they all seem to be leaning into that Alien Isolation key art vibe.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed