The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,555 times)

SM

SM

It is when people act is if those assumptions have any merit as fact.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

how's it a assumption when the comentary from alien states, wikki, and other site say its not a trunk but a breathing tube? ;D

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

SM, I don't think you're in a position to criticise people over what they state as fact.

You do it plenty of times yourself, in fact this site is full of people who treat their opinion as fact, or at least write it as such. Me included, quite often.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Dude5000 on Jan 12, 2010, 12:47:42 AM
how's it a assumption when the comentary from alien states, wikki, and other site say its not a trunk but a breathing tube? ;D
The commentary doesn't state it's a breathing tube.

Neither of them, in fact.

It was never designed to be wearing a helmet, and the thing was never intended as a "breathing tube".

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jan 12, 2010, 12:49:28 AM
SM, I don't think you're in a position to criticise people over what they state as fact.

You do it plenty of times yourself, in fact this site is full of people who treat their opinion as fact, or at least write it as such. Me included, quite often.
They usually back it up with something vaguely resembling evidence.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Well I can't see where there's anything that is particularly unreasonable here.

The appendage on the Jockey's face isn't a trunk, because a trunk is entirely made of soft tissues, so even if it did somehow fossilize, it wouldn't look like that.

Breathing tube is just a theory that I have stated as such - a theory, I haven't said it's fact, it's just an idea I have that makes sense, and can't be proved or disproved until the films state something that supports or contradicts the idea.

SM

SM

QuoteSM, I don't think you're in a position to criticise people over what they state as fact.

Since I'm very careful not to present opinion as fact; bullshit.  I'm in a perfect position.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Okay, then;

Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2010, 12:28:05 AM
An Alien is a meshing of Alien and host and therefore can never ever be "pure".

Stated as fact.

It isn't a fact, it's your opinion.

SM

SM

No it's fact.

Go watch an Alien film.  Any will do, but 3 is probably the best in this case.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

That explanation only takes normal adult aliens into consideration, ignoring eggs, facehuggers, and the queens.

Who says they take DNA from hosts? Hell, facehuggers don't even have hosts.

SM

SM

I said "Alien" aka "adult", "adult Alien", "warrior", "drone", et al.

If I had meant "facehugger" I would've said "facehugger". 

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Facehuggers and so on are all forms of the alien, you should be more specific.

As it is worded at present, you have stated opinion as fact.

SM

SM

I specifically didn't refer to facehuggers.

SiL

SiL

And usually when someone says "Alien", they're talking about the drone adult.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Maybe you are, but the conversation had branched out to all forms of the alien, and SM posted with that statement. Viewed in that context, he has stated debatable information as fact.

What you meant and what you said are different things.

SiL

SiL

Not really.

And he clarified, so he's no longer presenting an opinion as fact (Not that he ever was), so it's a moot point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed