Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 434,551 times)

Kradan

Kradan

For some reasons word "awesome" sounds as "orson" to me.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

And finally, we find the origin of "o for awesome"

Huggs

Huggs

I sometimes have trouble saying the word "origins". I'll start to say "oranges" instead.

Most times I can catch myself though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 08, 2019, 08:04:51 PM
I sometimes have trouble saying the word "origins". I'll start to say "oranges" instead.

Most times I can catch myself though.

Orange you glad you don't say banana?

The Old One

The Old One

I love the subtitle The Eighth Passenger.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 09, 2019, 02:32:49 AM
I love the subtitle The Eighth Passenger.

Me too. I love hearing alternate titles for films. 8th Passenger I genuinely love though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I once shook hands with the Israeli prime minister and played football with (then) England captain Tony Adams.

Not at the same time.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If we're going for famous people, I interviewed Peter Jackson over the phone for my intermediate-school newspaper right before LotR dropped (very good of him considering how ragged he must have been at the time), and met Jim Cameron very briefly at a sport awards dinner.

TC

TC

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 09, 2019, 10:51:42 AM
If we're going for famous people, I interviewed Peter Jackson over the phone for my intermediate-school newspaper right before LotR dropped (very good of him considering how ragged he must have been at the time), and met Jim Cameron very briefly at a sport awards dinner.

I 1st met Peter J at a private screening of Bad Taste in some guy's 16mm movie theatre built into a home garage in Wainuiomata. He was kind of shy and didn't talk much. I had a conversation with him about baking foamed latex in his mother's kitchen oven. The 2nd time was in MacD's on the corner of Victoria and Manners St, Wellington. It was late night and very few people around. He was there with Fran and talking in the dark (I think the staff turned off half the lights as a way of telling customers they were about to close). Probably P & F had just been to an evening movie. I said hi but he did not remember me. The 3rd time he was with Fran again but this time in the takeaway section of the Oriental Thai restaurant on Cambridge Tce, also Wellington. Since he didn't remember me the previous time I didn't bother saying anything, just bought my green chicken curry and left .

TC

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Strange but true, my father (RIP) had a nice dinner conversation with Fabio.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Year's ago I have a friend who used to spoof Fabio's auditions. This was at the height of his career.

Fabio  "To Be Or........ Fabio "Line Please"  :D

Of course he did this with an accent & deep voice.

LastSonofKrypton

In 1999, I worked with the NSPCC for a High School program to help local at risk youths.  The culmination was a celebrity golf game to celebrate the construction of a new youth centre and mobile hub, and raise money hosted by...

Rolf Harris

Rolf f**king Harris of all people working for a children's charity.

Side note, at the end of the event my slightly drunk father called Jonny Mathis a c**t   

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 09, 2019, 06:26:09 PM
Year's ago I have a friend who used to spoof Fabio's auditions. This was at the height of his career.

Fabio  "To Be Or........ Fabio "Line Please"  :D

Of course he did this with an accent & deep voice.

Haha  :laugh:

Well that was the kicker. Like many, my father had developed a preconceived notion of the man. Yet surprisingly what he found in Fabio was a higly intelligent, articulate and engaging man passionate about the "finer things" in life like great cuisine, fine wine and high-end audio. He was apparently a real treat. :)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 09, 2019, 06:58:32 PM

Yet surprisingly what he found in Fabio was a higly intelligent, articulate and engaging man passionate about the "finer things" in life like great cuisine, fine wine and high-end audio. He was apparently a real treat. :)

Its good to know he didn't match the hunky all brawn no brain stereotype. Similar to the dumb blond one. George Reeves tried to get serious acting roles and he was so type cast as Superman it rarely happened.

Sigourney Weaver even though is so identified as Ripley. She can & does portray other characters successfully.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TC on Jul 09, 2019, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 09, 2019, 10:51:42 AM

I 1st met Peter J at a private screening of Bad Taste in some guy's 16mm movie theatre built into a home garage in Wainuiomata. He was kind of shy and didn't talk much. I had a conversation with him about baking foamed latex in his mother's kitchen oven. The 2nd time was in MacD's on the corner of Victoria and Manners St, Wellington. It was late night and very few people around. He was there with Fran and talking in the dark (I think the staff turned off half the lights as a way of telling customers they were about to close). Probably P & F had just been to an evening movie. I said hi but he did not remember me. The 3rd time he was with Fran again but this time in the takeaway section of the Oriental Thai restaurant on Cambridge Tce, also Wellington. Since he didn't remember me the previous time I didn't bother saying anything, just bought my green chicken curry and left .

TC

What the f**k I never thought I'd encounter another Wellingtonian on here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed