Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 434,525 times)

Terx2

Terx2

My favourite colour is black and I love watching a good movie, playing a fun game or reading a nice book.

Topazora

Topazora

I like well done pine up art.  Especially the scifi/fantasy kind, or horror.

r888

r888

When I see something not right I corrected it

Topazora

Topazora

always avoided the deep discussions that went into politics, religion, science and philosophy.  They're not my thing, only stress me out.  Especially when I join a forum for something fun, like AvP, anime, art, webcomics....
I actually have the general discussion board on ignore.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 07, 2012, 08:30:00 AM
I actually have the general discussion board on ignore.
I assure you, there are no "deep" discussions there. Mostly a buncha guys sitting around discussing the finer points of female anatomy. ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That is, when there is not a thread that tickles maledoro's senses.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I like TITANIC, unabashadly and unironically. And at the end, when Rose is desperately blowing into that whistle as the rescue boat turns away, I cry. Every. Time.

And so do you. DON'T LIE.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't. Love the movie myself.

Cvalda

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, you misunderstand -- I don't lie. :P I do cry or shed some tears haha. for the score mostly.

Cvalda

Cvalda

...oh, okay. Good. :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Regarding that I think a wide range of genres is able to make me cry -- from romance to historical to sci-fi.

Movies that made me cry other than Titanic (excluding animated features)?

A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
Alien3
Batman Returns
Cast Away
DragonHeart
Forrest Gump
Godzilla
The Host
I am Legend
Mighty Joe Young
The Pianist
Terminator 2 - Judgement Day
Super 8
V for Vendetta

Pretty sure I forgot something.

EEV2650

EEV2650

In the movie Titanic. I get teary eyed at 2 scenes. The biggest one is the part where the 3rd class irish mother (aka Vasquez-jennette goldstein) is telling her children a bed time story before they die "And so they lived, happily together for three-hundred years. In the land of Tír na nÓg, of eternal youth and beauty"  :'(

The second time is When old Rose says about Jack "I don't even have a picture of him. He exists now only in my memory."

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 07, 2012, 09:24:27 AM
Regarding that I think a wide range of genres is able to make me cry -- from romance to historical to sci-fi.

Movies that made me cry other than Titanic (excluding animated features)?

A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
Cast Away

Only those two for sure made me cry. Alien 3 doesn't make me cry because I've watched it every few months since I was five years old, and therefore it is so thoroughly apart of me that I am one with its pain. :D

Definitely have an emotional attachment to Batman Returns, though, because I rediscovered that film when I was in the pit of a black depression--found out my boyfriend had been cheating on me for a couple weeks and lying to me about it despite our semi-open relationship, was stuck in a dead end minimum wage job where I had no friends and came home every night to a dumpy apartment with only banal voice mails on my phone. Needless to say, when I watched Michelle Pfeiffer go apeshit in her apartment, it struck a major chord. :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 07, 2012, 09:33:03 AM
The biggest one is the part where the 3rd class irish mother (aka Vasquez-jennette goldstein) is telling her children a bed time story before they die "And so they lived, happily together for three-hundred years. In the land of Tír na nÓg, of eternal youth and beauty"  :'(
That is the sad. :'(

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 07, 2012, 09:35:05 AM
Alien 3 doesn't make me cry because I've watched it every few months since I was five years old, and therefore it is so thoroughly apart of me that I am one with its pain. :D
Mind you it's the same situation with me, Godzilla and DragonHeart -- watched 'em first time when I was 3-4, I cry everytime hahaha.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 07, 2012, 09:35:05 AM
Definitely have an emotional attachment to Batman Returns, though, because I rediscovered that film when I was in the pit of a black depression--found out my boyfriend had been cheating on me for a couple weeks and lying to me about it despite our semi-open relationship, was stuck in a dead end minimum wage job where I had no friends and came home every night to a dumpy apartment with only banal voice mails on my phone. Needless to say, when I watched Michelle Pfeiffer go apeshit in her apartment, it struck a major chord. :P
That's sad to hear. :( Hope that pussyface got what he deserved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed