Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 434,521 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Thailand is the only place I've been where a BJ costs less than a beer. Which is why it wins.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 12, 2011, 11:48:02 PM
Thailand is the only place I've been where a BJ costs less than a beer. Which is why it wins.

Its even better if your good enough to get one for free?  ;D

But yeah I could see why that would win lol.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

People declaring things that are good by defenition bad simply because they don't get it or it doesn't apply to their tastes.
Rubs me the wrong way and then some. So much that it actually kind of scares me.
Lately however I have been working through it and not getting so mad anymore. So that feels pretty nice.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

My eyes are pretty sensitive to the sun, especially places with light colored concrete like Walmart and the concrete surrounding my pool. Can't see for shit in my backyard.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Mar 13, 2011, 02:59:39 AM
People declaring things that are good by defenition bad simply because they don't get it or it doesn't apply to their tastes.
Rubs me the wrong way and then some. So much that it actually kind of scares me.
Lately however I have been working through it and not getting so mad anymore. So that feels pretty nice.

What'd be an example of that?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 13, 2011, 06:47:13 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Mar 13, 2011, 02:59:39 AM

What'd be an example of that?
Die Hard
Jurassic Park
Speed
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The entire Dirty Harry series.
This was on a list of "Terrible Cinema".

But like I said, I am working past it. I took a look at the list again and I didn't want to strangle anyone...as much.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I don't even know these people, and I'm getting an urge to cause them bodily harm...

chupacabras acheronsis

it's quite common to see assholes calling 2001 a pretentionus, boring wank.

First Blood

First Blood

To be fair, anyone that didn't quite get 2001; they should read the book. It gives a clearer picture of what's going on.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

It's not 2001. It's not Apocalypse Now. It is no one thing in particular.
It is about all books and films that have had a lasting impact on culture and are considered classics.
Some people assume simply because they don't like something, it automatically makes it bad and everyone who enjoys it is wrong.
There are times when stupid fads take hold for a while, but this is not about things like that. This is about things that have already stood the test of time and survived for decades based on one thing. They are great.
Some will say I am just referring to things I like. This is not true. There are movies that I cannot stand that I still believe are art deserving of respect.
Stranger Than Paradise is a perfect example. I didn't like the characters, the plot, the tone, the jokes, or pretty much anything about this movie. I found viewing it a boring chore. But guess what? It is a classic. Just because I don't like it, doesn't make it bad. I consider it an important example of low budget art house cinema.
And there are many other examples.
People should learn that there will be great things that won't appeal to them. It doesn't take away from their greatness. To flat out state that such things are bad is a fallacy, and a bad one.

But like I said, I am working past the anger it used to bring up.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: TheMonolith on Mar 13, 2011, 05:47:40 PM
Some people assume simply because they don't like something, it automatically makes it bad and everyone who enjoys it is wrong.
Eh.
In the past weeks, for English classes, we've been seeing The Lord of the Rings (all three - theatrical cut) and a good number of my schoolmates were complaining and talking shit about the film most of the time. "Heh dis Frodo guy cant act LOL!!1" or "Dat guy who plays Gandlf is gay did you know? How can you like this film?", or "This film is so long and so boring blabla", and things like that, and when there was someone that liked the film, they either laughed or asked why s/he did!
Derp.
I hate when they do that. Y'now, there's something called 'subjectivity', they didn't seem to know its existence.

Nope

Nope

I would hate watching LOTR during class. Cause i'd be bawling my eyes out and everyone would be staring. And that'd ruin my rep.

Nightmare Asylum

I hate when people use "q"s for "g"s. Gets on my nerves so much  >:(

Cap. Fitzgerald

Can you give an example cuz I'm not sure I get you.
Also your Avy adds a new layer of anger to your posts

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 13, 2011, 09:06:59 PM
Can you give an example cuz I'm not sure I get you.
Also your Avy adds a new layer of anger to your posts

Haha, really? :P

And some examples:

I hate fellinq alone.
qoinq to the qame later
i miqht...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed