Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Today at 11:22:25 AM
Yeah.
Do you have a favourite Alien/Predator steelbook on your shelf?

Mine is Isolation.

Last post by Kradan - Today at 10:55:40 AM
It still doesn't quite blend in with the rest of the footage
Quote from: KiramidHead on Today at 04:50:26 AMAn interesting bit of info I found in Stone: The Controversies, Excesses, and Exploits of a Radical Filmmaker by James Riordan. Scott was approached to direct Oliver Stone's batshit insane draft of Conan the Barbarian.

QuoteSince the studio wouldn't accept Stone as director, Pressman approached Ridley Scott. Scott was enthusiastic, and Stone wrote the project with him in mind. Though he liked Stone's first draft, Scott then became interested in doing another film instead.

"Ridley Scott backed out at the last second," Stone elaborates. "I begged him not to. I went down on my knees to him. This was after he made The Duelists. Alien was finished, but we hadn't seen it yet. He said yes, and then he said no. It broke our hearts when he decided to do Blade Runner instead."

Going by the time frame, I'm guessing he backed off Conan for the same reasons he quit Dune, not wanting to deal with the large scale production after his brother's death.

Never knew that. Nice bit of digging!

QuoteOliver Stone had plans for a four-hour, $40 million Conan the Barbarian with Ridley Scott at the helm. But John Milius had very different ideas.

Some more info here:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/post-apocalyptic-conan-the-barbarian-oliver-stone-never-got/
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:46:19 AM
Look for the green hue and matte lines, the majority are gone.
Music / Re: electronic music with stay...
Last post by oduodu - Today at 10:27:43 AM
link to this post

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=2643783;topic=62828.0

--------

name

------

name

-------

name:

Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Remix) (Official Music Video)

-----
Last post by Kradan - Today at 10:27:20 AM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:55:02 PMNot seeing much change with the effects apart from the shot with Dillon, Ripley and Morse.

Yeah, out of all rod puppet bots they showed that was the only one where I went "OK, this actually looks better"
And now that it is 4/27, I finally get to see Alien in the theater today!
Fan Films / Re: Alien Absolution - New Ali...
Last post by Acid for Blood - Today at 10:04:59 AM
That was good. Christian done a great job designing the set.
"The pups are saying... this way."

So we get an indication that they do.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed