What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 25,759 times)

Voodoo Magic

Jonesy. The evil mastermind!!!

Just like the pigeons in Predator 2!!!!!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2018, 05:07:14 AM

Hey, over here.

Spoiler
It was the kid with the candy, the whole time.
[close]

and

Spoiler
The predator didn't kill him because childhood obesity was the next step in human evolution.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 05:18:51 AM

Hey, over here.

Spoiler
[close]

and

Spoiler
The predator didn't kill him because childhood obesity was the next step in human evolution.
[close]
*whiterabbit makes a big sigh

Damn that's good.

But i'm going to be honest, we're goofing off way too much and eventually somebody's going to notice. And no I'm not talking about Hicks.  We should tone it down and stay on topic a little bit more professionally. I mean The Predator forum isn't the Star Wars forum thread. This is a AVP fan site after all.

heh A Star Wars forum is the last thing this site needs. :P

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 06:21:42 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 05:18:51 AM

Hey, over here.

Spoiler
[close]

and

Spoiler
[close]
*whiterabbit makes a big sigh

Damn that's good.

But i'm going to be honest, we're goofing off way too much and eventually somebody's going to notice. And no I'm not talking about Hicks.  We should tone it down and stay on topic a little bit more professionally. I mean The Predator forum isn't the Star Wars forum thread. This is a AVP fan site after all.

heh A Star Wars forum is the last thing this site needs. :P

Voodoo, Huggs . . .

I'm gonna have to ask that you go to your rooms, or get back on topic.

irn

irn

Good bits:
- The lab scene
- Jake Busey as Keyes son

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 29, 2018, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2018, 10:41:37 PM
I quite liked when the Fugitive is escaping the Stargazer complex, and Casey is after him, and suddenly the Assassin's ship roars overhead with two airforce jets behind.  Both the Fugitive Predator and Casey stop, and Casey's wtf look, plus the music selections was just perfect.
Yup. That's the goods.

Indeed!  It's fleeting, but almost has a War of the Worlds type vibe.  I honestly wish the Assassin Predator did some flybys, firing at the Fugitive from his ship.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Nice to see the vocal mimicry return, albeit briefly. Id have liked to have seen Fugitive utilise that again somehow rather than the 'thumbs-up' scene.

*The jungle scene opening was a nice homage and worked well.

*The Loonies being a bunch of damaged ex-servicemen was a terrific idea. They were all more likeable and better-developed characters than anyone from Predators or both AVP films.

*The dog fight was something new and worked well.

*Treager was a compelling bad guy.

*All the stargazer base scenes and fugitive's subsequent escape

*Loved the scene with fugitive ontop of the minivan, the chase into the school and its a very cool shot where he appears behind Mckenna and slams him up against the wall.

*I could have done wihout upgrade pred, but his proper reveal at the school and pummeling of fugitive was well done.

*I enjoyed the shootout in the quarry with the crashed ship. Loved cloaked upgrade slamming that guy against the fence.

All in all it's a poor film and not the Predator sequel I wanted, but it is certainly fun to watch.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 30, 2018, 02:12:57 PM
Nice to see the vocal mimicry return, albeit briefly. Id have liked to have seen Fugitive utilise that again somehow rather than the 'thumbs-up' scene.

*The jungle scene opening was a nice homage and worked well.

*The Loonies being a bunch of damaged ex-servicemen was a terrific idea. They were all more likeable and better-developed characters than anyone from Predators or both AVP films.

*The dog fight was something new and worked well.

*Treager was a compelling bad guy.

*All the stargazer base scenes and fugitive's subsequent escape

*Loved the scene with fugitive ontop of the minivan, the chase into the school and its a very cool shot where he appears behind Mckenna and slams him up against the wall.

*I could have done wihout upgrade pred, but his proper reveal at the school and pummeling of fugitive was well done.

*I enjoyed the shootout in the quarry with the crashed ship. Loved cloaked upgrade slamming that guy against the fence.

All in all it's a poor film and not the Predator sequel I wanted, but it is certainly fun to watch.

This

Sgt. Shanx

Definitely the cast...best cast yet in a predator movie#thelooniez#traeger

PsyKore

Quote from: irn on Dec 30, 2018, 01:23:36 PM

Such a shame they didn't touch on this more. I realise only Predator fans would get the connection but they still could have written a much better role for him.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 04, 2019, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: irn on Dec 30, 2018, 01:23:36 PM

Such a shame they didn't touch on this more. I realise only Predator fans would get the connection but they still could have written a much better role for him.

Agreed. Still, even in repeat viewings, seeing him always puts a smile on my face. :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 28, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/mkdKvJHk9RFUA/giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c263e133564496d51bdc2f7

How I'd like to handle the writer who put in the line "Get to the choppers". 

Jeezus.

Thankfully there wasn't more. I did cringe like hell at the beautiful motherf**ker line but honestly, I was just really pleased there wasn't more reused dialogue.

Rudiger

The Predator must top the list when it comes to egregious fan service.

Corporal Hicks

How so? Seemed to me to be a lot tamer than most sequels these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed