AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,764 times)

xenotaris

xenotaris

AVP 04 I wish never existed along side the rest of Paul W S Anderson's brain drain movies

[cancerblack]

Based, except for Event Horizon which is pretty cool.

xenotaris

xenotaris

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 18, 2023, 11:36:52 AMBased, except for Event Horizon which is pretty cool.

I only saw Event Horizon once in theaters and then another time on TV

[cancerblack]

I'm taking from that, that you're not really a fan of it then? I just like gothic space horror and Sam Neill, and as shitty and cheesy as some of EH is, the over-all vibe is my thang and I wish more of Anderson's shit was like it.

xenotaris

xenotaris

The scene where the guy explodes from decompression gave me nightmares as a kid.

[cancerblack]

The one that stuck with me was the blood flowing into the glowing blue/green pod thing and the flayed person inside slamming up against the walls with little flakes of skin floating around the hands.

Darkness

Darkness

Been rewatching all the Alien films this week. Alien Resurrection last night. So many things that are wrong in this. Gediman and Wren are just repulsive characters. The story, the idea of cloning Ripley, the Newborn. The only part I still like is the underwater scene.

I'll be doing AvP tonight so I'm going to be hard-pressed to figure out which I hate more.

ralfy

ralfy

The Predator and Requiem, with a consolation prize for Prey.

For the Alien side, Resurrection, and with a consolation prize for the prequels.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, I finished AvP yesterday. There are some great things in there like having the Queen and the amount of stuff they did for the budget. But I don't think there's anything in AvP that is as bad as the Newborn stuff. The teamup I hate and I think with different editing, it might not have looked so bad. Anderson also seems to have a habit of zooming in way too closely on actors.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I absolutely hated AVP when it came out but I've mellowed to it over the years. It's still a disappointment, but these days I don't mind it as a piece of disposable entertainment.

The main thing that bugs me now is I don't honestly think you'd need to change all that much to make it a significantly better movie.

SiL

SiL

Anderson's earlier drafts with someone who could write dialogue worth a shit would've been fine.

Acid_Reign161

I can't accept the results of a poll where more people accept 'The Predator' over 'Alien 3' without calling sabotage, even taking abysmal taste into account. There's got to be some trolling going on here. 🤣

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Oct 01, 2023, 02:34:39 PMI can't accept the results of a poll where more people accept 'The Predator' over 'Alien 3' without calling sabotage, even taking abysmal taste into account. There's got to be some trolling going on here. 🤣

This poll has been up and running since long before The Predator existed, which is what really accounts for that. Lots of votes from old, no longer active accounts lie in this thread's history (and other threads like it).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Requiem's still miles out in front though, so it's fine.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 01, 2023, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Oct 01, 2023, 02:34:39 PMI can't accept the results of a poll where more people accept 'The Predator' over 'Alien 3' without calling sabotage, even taking abysmal taste into account. There's got to be some trolling going on here. 🤣

This poll has been up and running since long before The Predator existed, which is what really accounts for that. Lots of votes from old, no longer active accounts lie in this thread's history (and other threads like it).

Ahh, that's makes sense... perhaps there should be a reset/redo 😂

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2023, 03:07:15 PMRequiem's still miles out in front though, so it's fine.

Honestly? I hate AvPR as much as the next guy, but I'd watch it on repeat for a straight 24 hours rather then rewatch 'The Predator' 🤣

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed