Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 86,726 times)

Karl

Karl

Voted disappointing.

Funniest line in the movie : "It's all starting to make sense." I laughed so hard. :D

Anomaly

Anomaly

Or how about "laugh it up miller, laugh it up"  ugh.

Karl

Karl

Yeah, let's face it, the dialogue was extremely cheesy and bad overall. Also, the blonde French chick would have been a better lead actress, she looked cool and more believable as an action hero.

vwdent

vwdent

The predators got bitched around in this movie, I mean come on, a predator teaming up with a human? thats just stupid, The Predator would've saw the woman as worthy prey and kill her on the spot!! absolute disgrace.

Karl

Karl

They got the team-up idea from the novel "Prey", but it was much beleivable in the book.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Karl on Aug 29, 2007, 02:34:38 PM
They got the team-up idea from the novel "Prey", but it was much beleivable in the book.

...which was in turn based on the first AVP comic series, which was in turn the first time the concept of teaming Aliens and Predators ever occurred. :)

More believable because why?  Because the human nursed the Predator back to health first?

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I know the movie was based on the books and comics but, I HATED the buddie Pred/human idea. Preds hunt people..the way they portrayed the pred/human relationship in AVP it almost looked like they were falling in love. ::)

MudButt

MudButt

Did not like the story or characters very much, HATED the Predator and Human team up. The Predators and Aliens were the main reason I watched it. I thought it was okay but I'd rather watch Aliens then AVP 1. Hopefully Requiem won't be the same.

crypto84

crypto84

Quote from: Bishop2 on Aug 29, 2007, 02:57:37 PM
Quote from: Karl on Aug 29, 2007, 02:34:38 PM

...which was in turn based on the first AVP comic series, which was in turn the first time the concept of teaming Aliens and Predators ever occurred. :)

More believable because why?  Because the human nursed the Predator back to health first?

I bought the AvP omibus comic book last week (along with the Alien omibus and Predator omibus) and I saw the similarities between the first comic and the AvP film. It shows that just because something looks good in the comic book doesn't mean it will work on film unless of course you can make it beleivable. The only thing strange is in another AvP comic where that character was on a predator ship as a member of the crew.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember when i saw the movie back in 2004, it was ok. The movie was to short and the battles where to short and the acting was bad.

I give it a 5/10.

Karl

Karl

The team-up worked better in the first AVP comic & novel because Machiko indeed might have proven herself worhty to (ugh what waPredator's name again?)s the  the Predator. At least she kicked Alien ass and saved the Pred's life. What did Lex do? She accidentally killed an Alien. Now that was just weak. I know some people really bash the comics & novels but I abseloulty love them (most of them anyway).

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Dissapiontment.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: MR. KEYES on Aug 30, 2007, 10:36:17 PM
Dissapiontment.

Major Dissapointment

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

What I liked about this movie:

Grid alien spearing Gill predator and tossing him away like a rag doll. 

Grid and Celtic beating the hell out of eachother.

What I didn't like about this movie:

The fact that it was inspired mostly by the comics, which causes conflict with previous movies in terms of canon.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Just for fun guys and I would like to see how fans think of it 3 years on. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed